Dr Luca Jagmetti > Bär & Karrer Ltd. > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Bär & Karrer Ltd. Offices
- Go to...
Dr Luca Jagmetti
Luca Jagmetti has specialized in national and international private M&A transactions in different industries, venture capital investments, corporate restructurings and general corporate, commercial and employment matters, including related litigation and administrative proceedings. During his practice, he gained particular experience in complex asset deals, management participation schemes, up-/cross-stream topics, large outsourcing and procurement projects and regarding the logistics industry in general.
Luca Jagmetti has several speaking engagements on asset transactions, legal due diligence and other M&A topics (e.g. Akademie der Treuhand-Kammer; Seminar on Mergers & Acquisitions for practitioners; Course on Commercial Law of the University of St. Gallen).
According to The Legal 500 2016 he is “very knowledgeable and speedy”. IFLR 2018 lists him as noticeable practitioner. Luca Jagmetti is jointly ranked first in Mergermarket’s Profile League Table for 2016’s most prolific individual DACH legal advisors.
- Partner at Bär & Karrer (since 2014)
- Associate at Bär & Karrer (2007)
- Law Clerk at the District Court of Zurich (2002-2003)
German, English, French.
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV/FSA)
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- German – Swiss Association of Legal Professionals (DSJV)
- New York University: LL.M. (2010; Vanderbilt Scholar)
- University of Zurich: Dr. iur. (2007)
- Admitted to the Zurich Bar (2004)
- University of Zurich: lic. iur. (2001)
Bär & Karrer Ltd. advises clients from the transport and logistics industries, including aviation, maritime, road and rail clients. The team advises on all regulatory, employment, antitrust and data protection matters as well as on real estate, infrastructure and energy law-related aspects. Practice head Luca Jagmetti represents transport and logistics clients in litigation and administrative proceedings. Christoph Neeracher is the specialist for complex outsourcing and procurement projects.
Bär & Karrer Ltd. is appreciated for offering a ‘combination of legal skills with a business mindset.’ With Christoph Neeracher, Philippe Seiler and Raphael Annasohn, the firm can showcase a ‘powerhouse team‘ with strong experience in private M&A and private equity deals. Rolf Watter, Mariel Hoch and Dieter Dubs are specialists in public transactions. The practice is particularly well versed in the life sciences and pharmaceutical, real estate and financial services sectors. Luca Jagmetti is the key contact for transport and logistic clients. Thomas Rohde advises on restructurings. Martin Anderson is the name to note in Geneva.
Bär & Karrer Ltd. has noteworthy expertise in a wide variety of insolvency and restructuring matters. With its full-service offering, it can draw on support in distressed M&A deals, sales/acquisition out of Swiss ‘chapter 11’-proceedings, related litigation and financings as well as tax-efficient structuring of restructurings and impact pension plans. The practice regularly represents debtors, their management, shareholders or creditors. Christoph Neeracher is well versed in out of court restructurings. He leads the practice together with distressed M&A specialist Luca Jagmetti and Thomas Rohde. Martin Anderson and Rolf Watter are also prominent practitioners.
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Switzerland
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - Switzerland
- Transport - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Zurich
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland
- Leading firms: Italian-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations
- Sports law