Dr Dieter Dubs > Bär & Karrer Ltd. > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Bär & Karrer Ltd. Offices
- Go to...
Dr Dieter Dubs
Dieter Dubs has broad experience in M&A transactions with a focus on public tender offers, having represented several target companies in unfriendly takeover situations. In addition, Dieter Dubs advises listed companies on corporate and regulatory matters.
- Partner of Bär & Karrer (since 2005)
- Trainee at Bär & Karrer (1998)
- Research and Teaching Assistant to Prof. Dr. Ivo Schwander (International Private Law) (1993-1997)
- Recognized Representative for the Listing of Securities at the SWX Swiss Exchange
- Editor of GesKR
- Swiss Lawyers Association (Schweizerischer Juristenverein)
- Harvard Law School: LL.M. (2002)
- University of St. Gallen: Dr. iur. (2000)
- University of St. Gallen: lic. iur. (1993)
Bär & Karrer Ltd. demonstrates strength in acting for both issuers and lead managers on IPOs as well as on the issuance of bonds and notes. Other areas of expertise are equity-linked and regulatory capital instruments, private placements and recapitalisation programmes. The practice is regularly active in the banking, insurance, industrials, technology, healthcare & life sciences as well as the real estate sectors. Rolf Watter and Ralph Malacrida both have considerable experience in capital market transactions. Urs Kägi is well versed in capital increases, IPOs, new listings, and dual listings. Other prominent practitioners are Lukas Roesler, Dieter Dubs and Frédéric Bétrisey.
Bär & Karrer Ltd. is appreciated for offering a ‘combination of legal skills with a business mindset.’ With Christoph Neeracher, Philippe Seiler and Raphael Annasohn, the firm can showcase a ‘powerhouse team‘ with strong experience in private M&A and private equity deals. Rolf Watter, Mariel Hoch and Dieter Dubs are specialists in public transactions. The practice is particularly well versed in the life sciences and pharmaceutical, real estate and financial services sectors. Luca Jagmetti is the key contact for transport and logistic clients. Thomas Rohde advises on restructurings. Martin Anderson is the name to note in Geneva.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Zurich
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland
- Leading firms: Italian-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations
- Sports law