Dr Daniel Flühmann > Bär & Karrer Ltd. > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Bär & Karrer Ltd. Offices
- Go to...
Dr Daniel Flühmann
Daniel Flühmann’s practice focuses on banking, insurance and financial market laws as well as on the area of collective investment schemes. He assists Swiss and foreign banks, investment managers, securities firms as well as insurance companies and other financial services providers in regulatory and contract law matters and in the context of licence application proceedings before the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA.
A special focus of Daniel Flühmann’s work lies on fintech, advising both financial innovators and established market participants. Furthermore, he advises clients on general corporate and commercial matters as well as on M&A transactions.
Daniel Flühmann has authored various publications in his areas of expertise and regularly speaks on topics in the area of financial services at expert conferences.
- Partner at Bär & Karrer (since 2018)
- Associate at Bär & Karrer (2015-2017)
- Associate with Bär & Karrer (2011-2014)
- Trainee at Bär & Karrer (2009-2010)
- Bank Vontobel AG Zurich: Corporate Legal Management (2004-2009)
- Recognised representative for the listing of securities at the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Co-editor of the Basel Commentary on the Anti-Money Laundering Act (AMLA)
- Swiss Finance + Technology Association (SFTA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV/FSA)
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Visiting Lawyer with Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP, New York (2014-2015)
- Admitted to the Zurich Bar (2011)
- University of St. Gallen: Dr. iur. (2008)
- University of St. Gallen: lic. iur. (2003)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Bär & Karrer Ltd.‘s strong banking and finance practice is regularly sought after by major Swiss banks, Swiss affiliates of foreign banks and financial institutions. The team is active in the regulatory space, where it advises clients on the establishment of operations, fintech, regulatory enforcement proceedings, and US investigations. Furthermore, the practice has also expertise in representing lenders and borrowers in debt financings, leveraged and syndicated deals, as well as acquisition, real estate, and project finance, among others. The prominent practitioners are Eric Stupp, Ralph Malacrida, Peter Hsu, Andreas Länzlinger, and Daniel Flühmann.
Bär & Karrer Ltd. acts for a wide range of clients, from start-ups to established financial companies and service providers as well as investors, on all legal and regulatory issues relating to fintech, including fintech-focused transactions. Typical work includes assistance with regulatory proceedings with authorities as well as advice on the establishing of electronic payment services, electronic money solutions, digital assets, crypto currencies, as well as advice on online platforms for bond issuance and consumer loans. The ‘exceptional‘ Eric Stupp and Daniel Flühmann head the ‘responsive, progressive and very knowledgeable‘ team and are experienced in advising on internal investigations on cross-border issues and on the legal framework for applications of blockchain technology respectively. Gadi Winter and Peter Hsu are further key contacts.
|Switzerland: Blockchain||October 2021||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Blockchain laws and regulations that may occur in Switzerland.|
- Banking and finance: Zurich - Switzerland
- Fintech - Switzerland
- Leading individuals - Switzerland > Fintech
- Next Generation Partners - Switzerland > Banking and finance: Zurich
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Zurich
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland
- Leading firms: Italian-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations
- Sports law