Firm Profile > BCSA – Advogados > Luanda, Angola
BCSA – Advogados Offices
EDIFÍCIO ESCOM, RUA MARECHAL BRÓS TITO, N 35-37,
PISO 13, FRACÇÃO B
BCSA – Advogados > The Legal 500 Rankings
Foreign firms Tier 1
Bruno Xavier de Pina heads the Angola desk at PLMJ; he has over 15 years of experience in Angola-related work and focuses primarily on foreign investment. The team - which cooperates with local firm BCSA – Advogados - has recently won a number of new clients, from start-ups to multinational conglomerates. Other key contacts in the team include projects specialist Inês Pinto da Costa, who has experience in infrastructure, energy and PPPs, and senior associate Ruben Brigolas.
Bruno Xavier de Pina
‘PLMJ provides us with very prompt and professional legal advice.‘
‘Rúben Brigolas and Bruno Xavier de Pina very quickly respond to our requests and provide professional and detailed legal advice.‘
GE Capital EFS Financing, INC
MATRA (SODOSA GROUP)
SODOSA S.A (Conglomerate, former Cabire Group)
SUEZ – DEGRÉMONT SAS
Express Support Services
Local firms Tier 2
BCSA – Advogados had another busy year in 2019 and has expanded its practice in the mining industry with significant new projects. Recent work includes advising a mining company on its interests in the Angolan mining sector. The team is also active in the financial services, food and beverage and telecoms sectors. among others. Sandra Saraiva and João Bravo da Costa are names to note at the firm, which is associated with PLMJ.
João Bravo da Costa; Bruno Xavier de Pina
‘The team has different specialists that are available based on the client’s needs. There is one contact person who makes other specialists available by the client’s request in no time.‘
‘Very client-oriented. In-depth understanding of the client’s business and able to anticipate possible issues.‘
Chemonics International INC (USAID – Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project
Angoflex, Lda (TechnipFMC and Sonangol Association)
GE Capital EFS Financing, INC
Banco de Desenvolvimento de Angola
Sodosa S.A (Conglomerate, former Cabire Group)
SUEZ – DEGRÉMONT SAS
BCSA – Advogados > Firm Profile
BCSA Advogados (former GLA – Gabinete Legal de Angola), a member of PLMJ Colab, brings together a team of Angolan lawyers from various practice areas who have extensive academic and professional experience in a wide range of matters in Angola and internationally. They provide a high quality response to the clients’ needs, while always respecting the most stringent professional and ethical standards. The firm is consistently recognised by international directories and awards as a reference in the Angolan market. BCSA is a full-service firm with a particularly strong track record in M&A, foreign investment, tax, employment and arbitration. The firm works with clients from all sectors and has unmatched experience in the energy industrial, TMT, sport, construction and real estate sectors. While basing their professional activity in Angola, the lawyers of BCSA work in close cooperation with PLMJ and with the other members of its international network to provide a seamless service to clients regardless of where they are.
PLMJ Colab is a collaborative network of law firms spread across Portugal and other countries with which it has cultural and strategic ties. International collaboration is ensured through firms specialising in the legal systems and local cultures of Angola, China/Macao, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, São Tomé and Príncipe and Timor-Leste.
Areas of practice:
▪ Banking, Finance & Insurance: BCSA’s banking and finance practice handles all aspects including corporate finance, real estate financing, project finance, and mortgage lending. BCSA has been involved in several financing operations involving both foreign banks and Angolan entities.
▪ M&A, Corporate & Commercial Law: The team boasts an extensive portfolio of achievements and know how in providing legal advice on a full range of legal models for the acquisition of companies and assets. BCSA provides both day-to-day assistance to companies or assistance in connection with specific operations, including due diligence processes.
▪ Employment: This is a very relevant area of BCSA’s practice. BCSA’s lawyers have been either advising foreign companies on how to prepare their local structures to comply with the requirements of the Angolan law or assisting clients within disputes with their workforce.
▪ Energy & Natural Resources/Oil & Gas: BCSA and PLMJ are prepared and well-equipped to provide specialised advice on these fields, including providing advice to companies that want to render services to the oil industry.
▪ Litigation & Arbitration: BCSA has been active in the dispute resolution field and represents several clients, both in pre-litigation or in actual litigation (or arbitration).
▪ Private Foreign Investment & Foreign Exchange Laws: The core activity of BCSA has been providing assistance to foreign clients that want to invest in Angola and to ensure that the profits of that activity can be repatriated. BCSA has extensive experience in those fields and in dealing with the authorities responsible for licensing such operations.
▪ Projects & Infrastructures: BCSA and PLMJ have been involved in some large projects, including some multi-jurisdiction deals with both Angolan investors and foreign investors.
▪ Public Law & Public-Private Partnerships: Angola is expected to make in the near future very substantial investments through the public-private partnerships model. Taking advantage of the experience and track record of PLMJ Colab, BCSA has been investing in the field of expertise.
▪ Real Estate & Construction: In view of the specific characteristics of the land property regime in Angola, advice on land law is an important part of BCSA’s activity, which also covers structuring and negotiating a full range of real estate transactions.
▪ Tax: Angolan tax regime is under an extensive revision process and consequently the amount of work in the area has substantially increased over the last year, covering both operation structuring and tax litigation matters.
|email@example.com||+244 935 147 570|