Chris Ritchie > Arthur Cox Belfast > Belfast, Northern Ireland > Lawyer Profile
Arthur Cox Belfast Offices
- Go to...
Chris Ritchie is a partner in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group in the Arthur Cox Belfast Office in Northern Ireland.
Chris has represented insurers and large corporates in Northern Ireland over many years, building up a reputation for sound commercial advice on technical matters but always with the overall goal of problem resolution in mind. His opponents have identified him as an amiable but strategic practitioner and “a conscientious but unshowy lawyer who gets on with the job”. His practice in the insurance sphere includes EL/PL/EPL, Health and Safety, Motor and Professional indemnity. Chris is also experienced in the fields of public procurement and judicial review.
Law Society of NI; Law Society (England and Wales); FOIL.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Arthur Cox Belfast has represented employers, public bodies and building occupants on a wide range of cases, with a client list including AXA, UIA Insurance and the Northern Ireland Housing Executive. Chris Ritchie is the key name in the team; he defends insurers against personal injury claims before the High Court and County Courts. Recent claims the team has handled have involved catastrophic physical injuries and significant hearing impairments.
- Leading individuals - Northern Ireland > Dispute resolution
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - Northern Ireland > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms