Jon Crocker > Bindmans LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bindmans LLP Offices
236 GRAY'S INN ROAD
- Go to...
Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury.
Managing Partner at Bindmans and Head of Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury.
Jon has a wide range of experience in both personal injury and clinical negligence work, having qualified in 1992 and specialised in these fields since 1994.
Jon specialises in complex, high-value claims involving clients who have sustained brain damage and spinal injuries, whether caused by an accident or a mistake during medical treatment. Jon has also handled professional negligence claims against solicitors and counsel in a range of fields, including conveyancing and personal injury.
He has a keen interest in trying to improve the lives of those who suffer from a disability, and much of his practice focuses upon clients who have suffered serious head and brain injuries.
Jon qualified 1992 and joined Bindmans LLP in 1999.
AvMA’s Clinical Negligence Panel; Law Society’s Clinical Negligence Panel; Association of Personal Injury Lawyers; appointed to Headway list of panel solicitors in 2007; Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association.
Jon graduated from the University of Manchester in 1985 with a BA (Hons) Politics & Modern History.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The offering at Bindmans LLP is led by ‘veteran‘ Jon Crocker, and exclusively acts on claims involving catastrophic or very serious injury. The key types of claim which the team is experienced in dealing with usually involve road traffic and workplace accidents, which regularly lead to brain, spinal and orthopaedic injuries, as well as debilitating and complex pain conditions; its cases also regularly have cross-jurisdictional elements. In addition, the team works on sensitive psychiatric injury causation cases, for both primary and secondary victims; ‘natural leader‘ Alla Murphy has particular expertise in this area. ‘Really excellent personal injury lawyer’ Yagmur Ekici, who specialises in head injury, psychological trauma, fatal accident and difficult quantum cases, is one to watch in the team.
Jon Crocker leads the highly specialised team at Bindmans LLP with ‘warmth and dedication’. The firm’s caseload is formed of solely catastrophic and very serious injury, often of high value, including cases involving psychiatric injury and pain; preventable suicide attempts; limb amputations; and complex child and adult head injuries, with particular expertise in hypoglycaemia leading to brain injury at birth. The firm itself is human rights-focused and this unique perspective permeates into its clinical negligence work. Yagmur Ekici is described as a ‘real star’, while Siobhan Kelly is singled out as ‘exceptional’. Notably, Alla Murphy was successful in obtaining settlement for gambling losses as part of a claim, an issue for which there was no set precedent.
- Leading individuals - London > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Personal injury: claimant - London > Insurance
- Clinical negligence: claimant - London > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Employment > Employees/unions
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline