Commercial property: Hull, East Yorkshire in Yorkshire And The Humber
Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP has an experienced team, which is jointly led by Richard Mays and Paul Barker and acts on a wide range of local commercial property matters. Notable recent highlights include residential developments, retail matters, shipping issues and urban regeneration work, with the firm active from its Hull and York bases. Geoff Phillips is noted for his work on freehold and leasehold property acquisitions and disposals for businesses, investors and developers; while York-based partner Helen Mellors is experienced in agriculture-related property matters.
Associated British Ports
Wykeland Group/Bridgeland Developments/Watergate Developments
Askham Bryan College
Coopland & Son
The Sheffield Investment Company
Woodthorpe Hall Garden Centres
Bretby /Centurion Asset Management
- Acting for Associated British Ports on the development of operation and maintenance facilities to service offshore wind farms.
- Advising Sewell on the acquisition of six freehold petrol filling station sites and granting security over a total of eight sites.
- Assisting Wykeland with the sale of the multi-let Kingston International Business Park Hull.
Gosschalks is active in a variety of commercial development and transactional matters across multiple sectors including the retail, energy, agriculture and healthcare industries; the group also regularly handles residential developments. An extensive team of partners oversees land acquisitions for developments and infrastructure projects, secured lending mandates for institutional and alternative lenders, and the acquisition and disposal of licensed and unlicensed premises. Practice head Mark Teal focuses on development and licensed retail matters across the UK, while the 'excellent' Andy Bell specialises in high-value work for major pub companies. Charlotte Chilcott is also noted for her expertise in the agriculture sector including land management and development issues.
‘Outstanding and commercially minded team led by Andrew Bell who understands our business and deliver.‘
‘Andrew Bell, partner. He takes ownership while leading and team and is always on top of the detail as well as the overall strategy. There is never a sense that it is delegated to junior solicitors, trainees or paralegals – even when he may have done so. His communication skills are excellent, he is a deal doer and a problem solver.‘
‘The level of personal attention provided by the partners is excellent. They are thorough but commercially pragmatic. They understand us and our business and view our commercial property transactions in the context of our business and its strategic objectives.‘
‘Knowledge of the licensed trade and how its conventions, regulations and practices interact with everyday requirements of lease, tenancies, acquisitions and disposals. Understanding and adapting to the instructing client’s process and procedures.‘
‘Justin Graves and Craig Beetham both of whom give relevant commercial advice and anticipate scenarios as they apply to the instructing client’s needs and practices.‘
Costcutter Supermarkets Group
Arnold White Estates
Wellington Pub Company
- Sole legal adviser in England and Wales to William Hill including handling a rapid disposal programme of roughly 600 stores following regulatory changes in the industry.
- Advised El Group on the sale of a 370-property portfolio.
- Advised Allenby Commercial on the sale of a business park with a value of £6m.
Christopher Crystal heads up the commercial property team at Rollits LLP, which acts for a varied client roster, including developers, banks, charities, retailers and higher education providers, on property acquisitions, disposals and development matters. Crystal primarily focuses on high-value commercial transactions, leases and the associated lease issues, and has notable key relationships with banking clients. David Hextall also contributes to the practice with expertise in development financing matters. The practice works closely with the broader real estate team on planning, development and contentious issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent technical knowledge and experience, combined with a very good understanding of the Education sector and its challenges, and a willingness to shape service to meet client needs.’
‘Chris Crystal – Excellent understanding and awareness of client needs; excellent communication skills, very clear and responsive; pragmatic and able to help problem solve and advise upon options.’
The Helmsley Group
Bishop Burton College
Hull City AFC/Allam Marine
- Advised Stoneferry on the acquisition of a multi-let commercial and industrial property for £18m.
- Advising Grimsby Cleethorpes and Humber Region YMCA on the relocation of its HQ to a new-build anchor site.
- Advising North York Moors Historical Railway Trust on a successful lottery funding application for the construction of a new carriage shed.