Ashurst LLP has particular expertise in advising on M&A transactions for insurance and reinsurance companies, insurance mediation and bancassurance agreements. The firm is also known for its litigation and arbitration skills in relation to the insurance sector, as well as structuring complex transactions in the industry, such as value-in-force monetisation and innovative reinsurance. María José Menéndez leads the practice and specialises in corporate and commercial law, notably M&A, joint ventures and commercial contracts. Her team includes Francisco de León, who focuses on M&A, bancassurance and reinsurance. Rafael Fernández left for Swiss Re in 2019.
Insurance in Spain
‘Very easy to contact them and get the information and services you need’
‘High level of personal and professional skills’
‘Francisco de León is always available and gives you quick feedback when you need it. He has very advanced knowledge of specific regulations and is a very reliable person’
VidaCaixa, Sociedad Anónima de Seguros y Reaseguros
Aegon Spain Holding B.V.
Aegon España, S.A. de Seguros y Reaseguros
CESCE España (Compañía Española de Seguros de Crédito a la Exportación)
Mediterráneo Vida, Sociedad Anónima de Seguros y Reaseguros
CNP Partners, Seguros y Reaseguros S.A.
- Acting for a multinational Europe-based insurance group with respect to the projected acquisition of a majority stake in the Spanish composite insurer Caser Seguros.
- Acted for a multinational insurance and reinsurance group in the negotiation of an exclusive insurance distribution alliance with the Spanish credit institution Abanca.
- Acting for a multinational insurance group in the acquisition of a Spanish life insurance company, in the context of the reorganisation of its life bancassurance alliance with a Spanish credit institution.
Known for insurance work related to Brexit restructuring and M&A, Clifford Chance also has expertise in bancassurance and the run-off market, particularly cross-border matters. The team, which is noted for its 'client focus, in-depth knowledge, availability and efficiency', specialises in high-value, complex and multi-jurisdictional insurance and reinsurance transactions. Practice head Jaime Sánchez has transactional and regulatory experience, specialising in insurance and reinsurance matters. His team includes associate Samuel Rosas, who focuses on M&A transactions, corporate restructurings and general corporate advice.
‘Very deep knowledge of the insurance sector and practical advice’
‘Jaime Sanchez goes beyond expectations in his advice. He does not state the obvious but tries to find practical solutions that align with the business requirements and with the necessary legal security’
‘The team always shows its experience and knowledge of the insurance regulatory environment’
‘Jaime Sanchez is always available to share some thoughts and provide quick advice on insurance regulatory matters’
‘The availability and ability to provide straight-to-the-point legal advice are the main characteristics that make Clifford Chance Spain different from its competitors’
Chubb Insurance Company of Europe SE
Domestic & General
The Carrefour Group
Future Pipe Industries Group
Watkins, QBE (COF), Chaucer, CV Star, Kiln Ark Caniplus, Atrium, Aspen (United Kingdom), National Union, Arch, XL and Zurich
- Advised R+V on the sale of its 30% stake in RGA Seguros Generales Rural to several saving banks.
- Advised Medvida on the sale of its pension funds management business in Spain to VidaCaixa.
The sector-focused team at Hogan Lovells International LLP specialises in product and professional liability, primarily acting for insurers and reinsurers. The firm also has notable litigation expertise, as well as experience in regulatory and Latam-related advice. Practice head Luis Alfonso Fernández is known for advising on reinsurance contracts and the regulatory aspects of the insurance and reinsurance industry. Also notable is senior associate Felipe Vázquez, whose forte is corporate-related work in the insurance sector, and Virginia Martínez, who was promoted to counsel in 2020. Joaquín Ruiz Echauri left the firm in 2020.
‘Hogan Lovells has a huge knowledge of the insurance industry’
‘They have a great relationship with the regulator and have solid expertise’
‘The team is really specialised in insurance’
‘Agile and deep knowledge of the subject of insurance’
‘Figures of recognised prestige among the team, which makes them easily comparable to other offices’
‘While other firms have general teams, this team is highly specialised, and not only gives legal advice, but also knows market practice’
‘Luis Alfonso Fernández, Carolina Revenga, Jaime Bofill and Virginia Martínez are a close team with great knowledge of the sector’
‘In addition to good professional knowledge, the local Hogan Lovells team in Madrid is very innovative and flexible, which makes it easier to find solutions to complex problems’
‘Virginia Martínez and Felipe Vázquez both stand out for their capacity to carry out most of the tasks independently, which gives greater agility and flexibility in developing solutions’
ANV Global Services Ltd.
Navigators Underwriting Ltd.
- Advising Mapfre on Brexit matters.
- Advising CNP Partners on Project Stabit Filia, its reorganisation in Southern Europe as a response to the decision of the Court of Justice of the European Union in the Aviva VAT case.
- Collaborated with Aefi to draft an insurtech white paper which covers all current regulation in this area as well as actions to develop the insurtech industry in Spain.
Garrigues covers the full range of insurance-related work, with particular expertise in the negotiation and implementation of alliance projects between insurance and banking groups. The firm also provides experience in innovative reinsurance transactions. Álvaro López-Jorrín advises insurance companies on restructuring and M&A transactions, as well as on regulatory and insurance contractual matters. He co-leads the practice with corporate expert Mónica Martín de Vidales, who has experience assisting companies in the insurance sector with purchase and sale transactions, shareholders' agreements and corporate restructurings. Also notable in the team are principal associate Félix Ferreño, who focuses on advising corporates and international private equity funds on all phases of the investment cycle in the insurance sector, and senior associate Luis Covarrubias, who advises on insurance and M&A transactions.
‘Broad experience in M&A operations within the insurance industry’
‘Very highly qualified professionals, they make you feel you are their only client’
‘They respond well to demanding deadlines’
Munich Re, Branch in Spain
Pelayo Mutua de Seguros a Prima Fija
La Caixa / Vidacaixa
Andorran Banking Association
- Advised on the sale to Santander of Allianz’s 60% stake in Allianz Popular and termination of the bancassurance alliance between Allianz and Banco Popular.
- Represented HNA in the sale to Sanitas of 100% of the capital of Sahna-e Servicios Integrales De Salud (Néctar Seguros de Salud).
- Represented AXA Seguros in the acquisition of a 23.80% stake in Vidanet Vida y Ahorro.
Specialising in cross-border transactions, Uría Menéndez is known for bancassurance work and insurance M&A. As well as providing litigation expertise, the firm has notable experience in value-in-force monetisation transactions and the restructuring of insurance businesses in the banking industry. The ‘very smart’ Guillermo San Pedro leads the practice and focuses on advising on transactions in the insurance market and regulatory matters. He can call on the expertise of senior associate Jaime del Fraile, who advises on M&A and corporate matters in the insurance area. Alejandro Linares left to join Sunco Capital in 2019.
‘Knowledge, experience, customer focused and available’
‘Guillermo San Pedro is an experienced lawyer and very good at negotiating’
‘Solid knowledge of the subject and the sector, with a practical business approach’
‘Deep mastery of the subject and extensive experience that allows us to better focus on the issues’
‘Deep knowledge of the sector and of the applicable regulation, together with a high level of expertise in corporate operations’
‘It stands out above other offices’
‘The team delivered and is customer-oriented’
‘They have good sectoral knowledge, not only of theoretical matters but also of the practical day-to-day issues, which facilitates negotiations in corporate operations’
‘Guillermo San Pedro and Jaime Del Fraile are recommended’
Liberty Mutual Group
VidaCaixa S.A.U. de Seguros y Reaseguros
- Represented Banco Santander in its €936.5m acquisition of Allianz Group’s 60% stake in Allianz Popular Vida, Allianz Popular Pensiones and Allianz Popular Asset Management.
- Represented Banco Santander in the execution of a bancassurance joint venture agreement with Mapfre.
- Represented Abanca in the signing of a bancassurance joint venture agreement with Crédit Agricole Assurances.
Cuatrecasas covers tax, corporate and labour issues for insurance companies, as well as providing notable experience in litigation. The firm has particular expertise in insurance sector regulation and in life and non-life insurance products and services. Rebeca Rodríguez specialises in insurance company taxation and social welfare, providing institutional and product-related advice. She co-leads the practice with Eduardo Ramírez, who focuses on corporate advice to finance companies and designing innovative products. Also well regarded in the area is counsel Carlos Bonhome, who is known for advising insurance companies on commercial and regulatory matters.
Delcredere – Ducroire (Credendo)
Mutua De Propietarios
- Advising on the takeover bid of Funespaña, for its delisting on the Spanish Stock Exchange, in the framework of a shareholder conflict.
- Advising Grupo Catalana Occidente on acquiring Antares, Telefonica’s insurance subsidiary.
- Advising Mutua Madrileña on commercial and tax matters on an ongoing basis, as well as on several confidential transactions.
Specialising in regulatory advice, the multi-disciplinary team at Gómez-Acebo & Pombo has experience advising on a range of insurance-related matters, including M&A, insurance mediation and bancassurance. The firm brings expertise in commercial, regulatory, financial, data protection and tax matters to its insurance work, as well as providing support in the field of general legal advice, transactional work and litigation. Ángel Varela focuses on insurance, bank and securities markets contracts. He co-leads the practice with Pablo Muelas, who has particular expertise in insurance regulation. Also notable is Iñigo Erláiz, who is known for advising on M&A and bancassurance agreements.
‘Ready to tailor the solution to the clients’ needs’
‘Vast experience, knowledge of the insurance market, clarity and transparency’
Tokio Marine HCCI
- Advised Admiral on setting up a new insurance undertaking in Spain.
- Advising AIG on the process of underwriting of W&I policies in different M&A transactions in Spain and Portugal.
- Advised Amaef on matters such as the new real estate credit law and its impact on the client’s cross-selling business.
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
Known for acting in multi-jurisdictional insurance disputes, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP represents insurers and policyholders with 'excellent technical knowledge'. The firm is well regarded for its regulatory advice, as well as its ability to handle large insurance and reinsurance disputes related to the energy, infrastructure, financial, professional liability and transport areas. Practice head Paulino Fajardo is an expert in comparative law and specialises in complex insurance and reinsurance disputes. Notable in his team is counsel Alejandra Galdos, who is 'practical, focused' and has experience in dealing with claims for energy, oil and gas, construction and engineering companies.
‘Very experienced team for insurance matters, able and willing to act against insurance companies’
‘Integrated into a big law firm but acting more like a boutique law firm’
‘Paulino Fajardo has great analytical and strategic capabilities and is very involved in the case’
‘Alejandra Galdos has great expertise in the insurance sector and the ability to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of a case and prepare the lawsuit accordingly’
‘HSF is a practical and objective firm that gives realistic solutions to their clients’
‘Paulino Fajardo treats you more as a friend than as a client. He provides professional legal advice and practical solutions for your problems’
‘Great commitment and high-quality work’
‘The team is very professional and technically perfect’
‘Alejandra Galdos is very proactive, resolute and hardworking’
‘Experience. Deep knowledge of insurance companies. International expertise’
‘Paulino Fajardo has a lot of experience combined with deep knowledge of insurance companies’
‘Excellent legal skills when dealing with complex international cases in Spain or abroad, either before the Spanish courts or in international arbitration’
‘Paulino Fajardo is very well known in the (re)insurance industry as one of the key individuals when dealing with a complex legal issue’
‘Highly engaged, strategic, high-quality and timely work product’
‘The Spanish litigators located in Madrid were always available and highly responsive. Very patient and thorough’
HDI Global SE
Red Eléctrica de España
- Advising Sacyr, the policyholder, and Sacyr Chile, the insured, in a claim under the group’s global policies.
- Representing Mapfre Global Risks and its insured, Spanair, in more than 20 civil proceedings arising out of the MD82 aircraft accident at Madrid–Barajas Airport, in which more than 150 people were killed and 18 seriously injured.
The 'exceptional lawyers' at Kennedys focus on providing 'early, thoughtful, accurate and pragmatic responses'. Their areas of expertise lie in cross-border advice across a range of contentious and non-contentious matters, as well as policy wording issues. Post-research, in March 2020, Jesus Velez and José María Arauz parted ways with Isidoro Ugena, Alfonso de Ramos and Olivia Delagrange, but all continue to be active in the insurance market.
‘They know me and my team and make the effort to stay close to us and stay interested in us. And they’re available whenever we need them – immediately – every time’
‘The team, while smaller than other firms, has an excellent combined experience in the varied fields of insurance law’
‘They have a multilingual capability that is rare and highly valued in the international insurance sector’
‘The whole team is knowledgable, friendly and approachable’
‘They are customer focused and I do not hesitate to put them in front of clients, brokers or internal stakeholders even if there is a difficult message to deliver’
‘Aside from being very competent and having a very good understanding of the insurance sector, what I value a lot is the personal touch’
‘Overall the firm have fabulous expertise and response times are efficient in that they normally respond by return or as soon as practicable. They are client friendly and have depth of experience’
‘Olivia Delagrange is very intelligent, turns things round quickly, and can advise across a multitude of jurisdictions’
‘Jesus Velez has outstanding legal knowledge. He is client focused, delivering his services with a quiet charm. Whether it is losses in the Spanish market or international cases, he has always delivered excellent service and an end product that has satisfied the stakeholders’
‘Jesus Velez has a supreme understanding of the Spanish and Latin American markets’
- The team is handling a portfolio of architects’ professional indemnity cases for a major US-based insurer’s business in Spain.
‘Experienced’ insurance boutique MUÑOZ ARRIBAS ABOGADOS SLP advises on accidents at work, occupational illness, professional civil liability and medical malpractice. The firm also has particular expertise in cyber risk-related work in the insurance area. The team is co-led by José Antonio Muñoz Villarreal, whose specialisms include tort law, medical malpractice, construction liability, D&O liability, environmental liability and cyber risk; Francisco Javier Muñoz Villarreal, who has experience in construction liability, professional liability and advising public authorities; medical malpractice expert Bernardo Ybarra Malo de Molina; and Alberto Muñoz Villarreal, who is known for technological risk and civil liability insurance.
‘They provide great knowledge and service for very specific problems’
‘They provide very rapid advice and at any time’
‘The accessibility to all of the partners and associates of the firm and their knowledge of the real needs of the client is notable’
‘José Antonio Muñoz is valued for his knowledge of the law, his ability to resolve my concerns in a simple way, and his absolute availability to deal with my issues at any time’
‘Close relationship with clients and knowledge of the field’
Catalana de Occidente
Assurances Crédit Mutuel
Colegio de Ingenieros Agronomos
Agrupación Convenio RC
Dual (Arch insurance)
- Advised on the amendment of the bylaws of Agrupación del Convenio de RC de Corredores de Seguros, the economic interest grouping of the Spanish insurance brokers, including updating the organisation of the pool to the new regulations and improving its operation.
- Advised Catalana Occidente, acting as bankruptcy administrator, on tax liability issues.
- Drafting and reviewing Generali’s civil liability insurance policy.
Albors Galiano Portales
Specialising in marine insurance, Albors Galiano Portales has particular experience in liquidation claims. In terms of non-marine work, the firm handles personal injury, property damages, business interruption and civil liability matters. In addition, the practice has expertise in reinsurance contracts. Eduardo Albors focuses on maritime, insurance and reinsurance law. He co-leads the team with Javier Portales, who is known for his expertise in maritime and aviation law, as well as marine insurance and transport.
‘Good strategists, their knowledge of the operation of the insurance sector makes them very valuable not only in the legal facet of the case, but also in the solution strategy design’
Allianz Global Corporate
Axa Corporate Solutions
Generali España, SA de Seguros y Reaseguros
Zurich Insurance Plc
The Wren Insurance Association Limited
Mapfre Global Risks
- Representing Tradebe and Zurich in respect of a product liability case in the UK.
- Representing Zurich Insurance plc in litigation related to the negligent design of a bridge in the UK.
Clyde & Co LLP
DAC Beachcroft LLP
DWF-RCD’s ‘highly prepared’ insurance practice focuses on several key areas of expertise: corporate insurance and regulatory issues; cyber risk; general liability, property damage and business interruption; and reinsurance. The firm also has experience in advising on insurance taxation and life insurance for wealth management purposes, as well as in acting for retail clients. Ruth Duque leads the practice and has ‘excellent knowledge of the insurance sector'.
‘Great knowledge of insurance matters and they are versatile, with very good knowledge of the retail industry and of the main points to take into account during negotiations and drafting all kind of agreements related to insurance’
‘Ruth Duque has very strong knowledge of all kinds of agreements related to insurance, both national and international’
‘Young people with a lot of energy and experience’
‘Easy to contact’
‘Amara Oderiz and Celia Zafra work hard and are very good at insurance law’
‘The firm have wonderful lawyers’
‘They have shown very good teamwork’
‘Agile, dynamic and very professional' boutique firm Blanco & Asociados Abogados specialises in insurance law. The practice focuses on advising insurance, reinsurance and brokerage companies, as well as insured multinationals, in complex disputes. In addition, the firm is a member of the Global Insurance Law Connect, a worldwide network of insurance law and civil liability firms. Fernando Blanco Giraldo leads the team and is known for his advice on insurance and reinsurance matters, particularly contentious issues. He also provides ‘commercial skills and very good negotiating ability‘.
‘The team have vast experience’
‘They are specialised in insurance and known in the market’
‘Santiago Martin is one of the main experts in civil liability in Spain’
‘A team with deep knowledge of the Spanish insurance market and the industry’s legislation, with a very good approach with the different stakeholders’
‘Fernando Blanco has an outstanding knowledge of the commercial risks segment in the Spanish insurance market and its legislation’
‘Santiago Martin is a market reference in the casualty insurance segment in Spain. He is one of the top three lawyers in this field’
‘Blanco & Asociados is a law firm that provides us with a high-quality service based on a rapid resolution of doubts raised, which adds a great value to the service that our associates receive’
Zurich Insurance Plc
Allianz Global Corporate & Speciality
Mapfre Global Risks
Coca Cola Spain
Cobra Infraestructuras Hidráulicas, S.A.
WR Berkley Spain
Hiscox Underwriting UK
Willis Towers Watson Iberia
Volkswagen Versicherung AG
Acciona Facility Services
- Acted for Cobra Infraestructura Hidráulica in a claim filed against the insurer Generali España.
- Advised Zurich Insurance on a legal report that supported the refusal by the insurer to grant the insurance coverage requested by former members of the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat de Catalunya) claimed by the Court of Auditors for the expenses of the organisation of the illegal self-determination consultation.
- Represented HDI Global in a claim filed by public train companies Renfe Viajeros, Renfe Mercancías and Renfe Fabricación y Mantenimiento for the stoppage of rail traffic as a result of the damage caused during the construction of the high-speed line to Barcelona.
CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo has experience advising on policy working and corporate matters in the insurance sector, as well as cybersecurity insurance and regulatory advice. Counsel Rafael Sáez leads the practice and assists insurers and intermediaries with conducting activities in the Spanish market. His work includes advising on the underwriting process of W&I, insurance contracts for M&A transactions and the restructuring of multinational insurance businesses. In a recent highlight, the team advised AXA on a cross-border restructuring transaction.
‘Very good knowledge of the product. An exceptional team, very creative in finding solutions’
‘Very business and client oriented’
‘Always meet deadlines and have a good knowledge of the process’
Chubb Insurance Group
AIG Europe Limited (Spanish branch)
Willis Towers Watson Group
Pension Insurance Corporation (PIC)
British United Provident Association Limited (BUPA)
Zurich Assurance Limited
Lemonade Insurance Company
- Advising Beazley in relation to regulatory matters as well as the analysis and implementation of alternative structures for conducting insurance intermediation services in Europe after Brexit.
- Advising AIG on the process for underwriting W&I insurance products concerning M&A transactions in the Spanish market.
- Advising the various companies in the Willis Towers Watson group in relation to corporate, commercial, regulatory, insurance mediation and data protection matters.
Deloitte Legal brings its expertise in regulatory, tax, anti-money laundering and data protection matters to bear in its insurance practice, advising insurance companies on a range of issues. Regulation and compliance expert Ignacio Ortiz del Río leads the team and has experience in providing legal, regulatory and tax advisory services to insurance corporations.
‘I value the firm very highly, specifically in this legal area, for their extensive knowledge of the industry’
‘Knowledge of the industry, and market in general, and interest in acquiring a complete understanding of their client’s business’
‘Deloitte has a team specialised in the insurance sector. In this regard, they have a wide understanding of all the matters related to insurance’
‘Great technical knowledge of the regulations, and they perfectly understand the business, the company where I work and our necessities’
‘Ignacio Ortiz del Rio is always helping us in every matter, identifying all the necessities and with a wide knowledge of the sector’
‘Rafael Cabello Gil is the director in charge of transfer pricing matters. He has always demonstrated a huge knowledge of this specific topic and he is always trying to help in preparing all the necessary documentation and advising us in every matter with a huge accuracy’
‘What separates them from other firms is their team’s capacity to adapt with their client’s personnel’
‘Great communication skills and the ability to search for case-specific solutions’
Hello Insurance Group
Previsión Sanitaria Nacional
Mutualidad de Abogacía
- Advised CNP Assurances on adapting to the Insurance Distribution Regulations.
- Advised Abanca on the implementation of its penal model.
- Advised Solunion on its reorganisation.
KPMG Abogados has experience in insurance and reinsurance litigation, insurance sector transactions and the implementation of regulations. The practice is co-led by Francisco Uría Fernández, who focuses on financial regulation, particularly in the areas of banking, capital markets and insurance; Beatriz Rua, who specialises in civil and commercial proceedings; tax expert for the banking and insurance industries Víctor Mendoza-Aguado; and Javier Bau Cabestany.
‘KMPG always demonstrate a good understanding of the insurance sector’
‘They have a nice team that understand perfectly the necessities’
Liberty Specialty Markets Group
Alphabet España Fleet Management/ Volkswagen Financial Services/ALD Automotive
Mutua General De Cataluña, Mutua De Seguros Y Reaseguros A Prima Fija
Sompo International Insurance Europe
Vidacaixa S.A.U. De Seguros Y Reaseguros
Segurcaixa Adeslas S.A. De Seguros Y Reaseguros (SCA)
Axa Seguros Generales, S.A. De Seguros Y Reaseguros
ALD Automotive, S.A.U. (ALD) (part of the Société Générale group).
- Advised Liberty Specialty Markets on a health-check analysis of the general branches’ tax position in order to identify tax issues they are currently facing.
- Representing Ireland-based life insurance company Generali PanEurope in a civil claim concerning a unit-linked insurance plan.
- Provided tax advice and due diligence to the buyer in connection with the proposed acquisition of CA Life Insurance Experts by Mutua General de Cataluña.
LEGSE Abogados advises on contentious and non-contentious insurance matters, as well as acting as ombudsman for insurance companies and pension plans. The firm also has experience in insurer’s tax representation, drafting policies and anti-money laundering related issues. Segundo Ruiz Rodriguez specialises in insurance regulation and co-leads the practice with Miguel Ormaeche Trabudua, who focuses on insurance and labour law.
Generali Luxembourg, S.A.
Allianz Life Luxembourg SA
Utmost Paneurope DAC
Laguna Life Limited
Prudential International Assurance Plc
Vidacaixa S.A.U. De Seguros Y Reaseguros
Segurcaixa Adeslas, S.A. De Seguros Y Reaseguros
Telefónica Insurance, S.A
Cali Europe S.A.
Hansard Europe DAC
Swisspartners Versicherung AG
Iptiq (Swiss Re Group)
Octium Life Dac
Cardif Life S.A.
Vitis Life S.A.
Old Mutual International Life Ireland DAC
- Advised Ofesauto on insurance frauds in the Spanish city of Ceuta.
- Acted as tax representative in Spain for Allianz Life Luxembourg.
- Acting for VidaCaixa in a case before the Spanish Supreme Court on the interpretation of insurance clauses.
Rogers & Co. Abogados
Marine and transport specialist Rogers & Co. Abogados is experienced in inland marine insurance, advising on matters concerning external damage to machinery and industrial equipment; the firm is also known for its civil liability expertise. David Diez Ramos leads the team and is particularly focused on insurance matters relating to the interpretation of cover and subrogated claims. Also notable is Marie Rogers, who 'provides good sound advice, particularly in respect of strategy, and vigorously pursues recoveries with great success'.
‘A reliable team who will meet performance objectives and provide swift and knowledgeable advice’
‘The unique mix of knowledge, experience and commercial sensibility, along with their multi-lingual, approachable demeanour, makes Rogers & Co the standout firm for Anglo-Spanish matters, be they contentious or non-contentious’
‘Marie Rogers is a dynamic leader who gets straight to the relevant point, with the abilities to then deliver results’
‘David Diez Ramos is an exceptional litigator. He just “gets it”, no matter what the subject, and manages to find success where there is no right to do so’
AIG Europe SA
Mapfre Global Risks
Tokio Marine HCC
MS Amlin Marine BV
Argenta Syndicate 2121
Chubb European Group
Vibe Services Management Limited
Proteus Risk Solutions
Tokio Marine Kiln
QBE Insurance (Europe) Limited
- Advised Argenta Syndicate 2121 on a matter stemming from a fire at a warehouse in southern Spain, which resulted in total loss of cotton bales.
- Acted for AXA XL in a claim for damage to subleased equipment.
- Acting for AIG Europe in a claim to recover the loss suffered by the insurer following the explosion of the engine of the vessel Maverick.
Thomas Cooper LLP
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP advises clients in Spain and South America on a range of insurance-related matters, including in the areas of marine, aviation, transport, civil liability and major casualties insurance. Shipping expert Juan Alegre co-leads the practice with Bernardo Ruiz Lima, who focuses on insurance claims, logistics and transport issues, and Ernesto Rivera, who specialises in shipping and international commercial law, including marine insurance.
AIG Europe Limited (Spain)
Mapfre España S.A.
XL Catlin – Spain // XL Catlin México // Grupo Barceló Hotels
AXA Corporate Solutions (France)
XL Catlin (Mexico)
XL Catlin (France)
Helvetia Compañia de Seguros y Reaseguros
AIG Europe Ltd
- Representing AIG in over 100 claims brought by foreign holidaymakers against several Spanish hotels and leisure groups.
- Advising AIG, as the insurer of infrastructure and construction company FCC, which is responsible for the operation of dumping grounds, on an environmental disaster.
- Representing Mapfre España in over 100 different claims relating to civil liability, property, major casualties, fires, and other issues.