Local government in South East
Blake Morgan LLP fields a strong local government team, advising a wide range of councils on various matters. The leisure sector is a focus - it advises local authorities on the development, procurement, and management agreements for their leisure projects. 'First-class practitioner' Penny Rinta-Suksi leads the regional team, and is particularly notable for her work on leisure projects and housing partnerships. Employment specialist Rajiv Joshi also acts for several local government clients on employment issues, particularly regarding discrimination and TUPE.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is extremely flexible and very commercially minded.’
‘They understand the clients needs and challenge when appropriate.‘
‘Penny Rinta-Suksi understands the commercial trade-off of the legal positions and advises accordingly.’
‘penny ultimately, she executes her clients instructions to perfection and always delivers.‘
Reading Borough Council
Chiltern District Council
North Norfolk District Council
Fenland District Council
Thames Valley Police
Oxfordshire County Council
Tandridge District Council
London Borough of Merton
Test Valley Borough Council
Cherwell District Council
Dover District Council
- Supporting Reading Borough Council on a design, build, operate and maintenance project covering four sites.
- Supporting North Norfolk District Council on a large leisure project covering up to seven diverse sites (including one replacement new build, one new build and three dual use sites), utilising a leisure operating contract.
- Represented Fenland District Council on a significant leisure management procurement.
- Advising the London Borough of Merton on the successful outsourcing of its leisure services at the new Morden leisure centre.
- Advising a local council on the first Pasivhaus leisure centre in the UK.
Cripps Pemberton Greenish is home to a multi-disciplinary team that provides a wide range of services to local authority clients, including advice on development projects, asset management and property litigation. The firm also advises local authorities on employment matters. James Lee and Miles Paffard are the key names within the practice, specialising in development and regeneration projects and property litigation respectively.
Other key lawyers:
Eastbourne Borough Council
Runnymede Borough Council
Slough Borough Council
Lewes District Council
Ashford Borough Council
Thanet District Council
- Advised Eastbourne Borough Council on all aspects of the purchase and redevelopment of Hampden Retail Park and continue to be retained for the ongoing asset management.
- Dealing with all asset management matters for Runnymede Borough Council’s Addlestone One development in Surrey.
- Main advisers to Slough Borough Council in relation to its £1b regeneration of Slough.