EU and competition in South East
Shoosmiths LLP’s competition team comprises professionals with considerable experience at major international firms in the City and in Brussels. The practice offers advice on complex competition compliance queries and handles major competition law investigations or merger cases, working in close connection with the litigation department where needed. The client portfolio includes several high-profile household businesses from the automotive, drink and food, hospitality, travel and insurance sectors. Simon Barnes heads the practice.
‘Simon Barnes gives excellent, commercial, pragmatic advice. He is very knowledgeable on competition law, but also quickly gets to grips with complex companies and industries so is able to provide focused commercial advice.‘
BAT UK & Ireland
- Represented Micronclean in the CMA’s investigation into cleanroom laundries.
- Acting for an insurer in relation to the CMA’s investigation into Compare The Market’s use of most favoured nations clauses.
- Acting for a leading independent funeral care business in the CMA’s market investigation into funeral care.
- Acted on a major CMA merger control review in the Fintech sector.
- Represented an individual in one of the CMA’s high-profile, ongoing investigations in the pharmaceuticals sector.
Stevens & Bolton LLP’s competition and regulatory team specialises in investigations and merger control, particularly in the life science, fast-moving consumer goods and retail sectors. The practice’s work has a strong international focus, providing strategic advice to clients on complex cross-border matters including Brexit issues. Gustaf Duhs heads the practice.
Chas A Blatchford & Sons
FGX Europe Limited
Papa Johns International
Samsung Electronics UK Limited
Sonardyne International Limited
Securmed UK Limited
TM Lewin & Sons
- Advised leading medical device company on US Federal Trade Commission proceedings, including subpoenas and depositions as well as implications for the market and its business.
- Advising a global digital healthcare company on merger control and related regulatory issues
- Provided extensive competition law, telecommunications regulatory and related public law advice (including state aid) to the leading open access fiber provider.
- Advising one of the key parties in the CMA’s investigation into the delisting and alleged excessive pricing in relation to a generic drug.