Sport in North
Muckle LLP has expertise in club structures, tax status and complex facilities projects, as well as a particular speciality in contentious regulatory and football related matters. John Devine leads the team and works exclusively for clients in the sports sector, handling commercial IP issues, advertising and image rights. He is experienced in advising professional clubs, footballers, rugby players, boxers and intermediaries on a range of matters.
The Football Association
The Caribbean Premier League
Chelsea FC Foundation
The EFL Trust
The Premier League Charitable Fund
Newcastle United Football Club
Durham County Cricket Club
The Rugby Players’ Association
Brentford FC Community Sports Trust
- Advised the Football Association, from concept to realisation, on a project of national significance.
- Advised a football club on all legal issues arising from the hosting, staging and live broadcasting by Sky TV on Sky One of a charity match.
- Various advice to England Athletics including event sponsorship and commercial rights and governance issues.
- Advises on parkrun’s activities throughout the UK and across its global networks.
- Advises annually on the organisation, hosting and delivery of the Caribbean Premier League.