Health and safety in North
Specialising in preventative works and training, Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP is particularly active for diversified industrial manufacturing clients and construction clients. The practice increasingly provides proactive consultancy, assurance and governance, as well as notable expertise in compliance reviews. Kevin Elliott is the national head of the health and safety team, while Tim Hill leads in the north and is an expert in the high hazard energy area.
Kevin Elliott; Tim Hill
Mitchells & Butlers plc
Kier / Turriff Contractors
Sir Robert McAlpine
National Grid Electricity Transmission plc
- We acted on behalf of DFDS in respect of a criminal investigation brought by the HSE following the death of a security guard who was employed by a third party company.
- We acted on behalf of Turriff Contractors Limited following a serious gas explosion.
- We acted on behalf of Frutarom, the world’s largest producer of food flavourings, in respect of two separate health and safety incidents.
- Advising Forterra PLC in respect of a prosecution brought by the HSE.
- Advised CPM in respect of a fatal accident when a maintenance fitter became trapped in a conveyor. Eversheds Sutherland took over the running of the case after previous advisors were dis-instructed.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP has experience acting in high profile investigations and potential prosecutions, notably involving fire safety and building safety issues. In addition, the firm provides a range of contentious and non-contentious services, including strategic board level, enforcement and operational advice. Stuart Wardlaw leads the regulatory and environment team and has expertise in advising industrial, commercial and public sector clients on various aspects of environmental, health and safety and related regulatory law.
Vauxhall Motors (Groupe PSA)
The Education and Skills Funding Agency