Immigration in North West
DAC Beachcroft LLP advises both public and private sector clients on issues relating to the recruitment or transfer of overseas workers into the UK, with particular reference to the points-based system. As a result of Brexit, the team has seen an uptick in work relating to the status of European workers in the UK, while other areas of activity include advice on compliance and risk levels regarding potential illegal working and potential licence revocations. Shahjahan Ali leads the team, while Philip Harman and Nicola Sherry are other key contacts.
McDonald’s Restaurant Limited
DHL GBS (UK) Limited
Manchester Diocesan Board of Finance
University of Sheffield
General Medical Council
Royal Mail Group Limited
DHL Parcel UK Limited
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Advised DHL Parcel UK Limited on immigration issues including right to work checks and visa issues. Supported the business on successfully managing compliance visits from the Home Office.
- Continue to support and advise McDonald’s Restaurants Limited in respect of immigration matters and complex queries concerning eligibility to work issues, training, visitor visas and their sponsorship licence.
- Continue to support and advise the General Medical Council in respect of immigration and matters and complex queries concerning eligibility to work issues and their Tier 2 sponsorship licence.
'True expert' John Dorney leads DWF's business immigration department, which acts for household name businesses including multinationals and other FTSE 100 and AIM-listed companies. While the team advises on all aspects of immigration law, a mainstay of the practice is the securing of Home Office sponsorship licences and subsequent assistance in respect of migrant sponsorship applications, coupled with advice on Home Office reporting obligations. The team also regularly acts for high-net-worth and skilled migrants in respect of Tier 1 investor, Entrepreneur and Exceptional Talent Visa applications.
Other key lawyers:
Roxanne Buckley; Emily Snape
‘Excellent in-depth knowledge and a UK-wide base means that there is always a professional available when required.’
‘The level of knowledge that has been provided by this team demonstrates they are true experts in this area.’
‘John Dorney is both proactive and reactive – his attention to detail has helped us be successful on first application and we are very grateful to him for his attentiveness.’
‘John Dorney is a true expert in this subject matter and explains it in such a way that is easy to understand – he is a trusted partner.’
AirPlus International (Part of Lufthansa)
Impellam Group plc
Liberty Living PLC
Western Thermal Limited
- Represented Western Thermal Limited in securing Home Office sponsorship licence.
- Represented Gruppo Campari in securing Home Office sponsorship licence.
- Securing European permanent residency for AirPlus International’s head of HR and subsequent assistance with British citizenship application.
Led by 'first rate lawyer' Gary McIndoe, Latitude Law covers the full gambit of immigration law. The immigration specialist firm has recently uptick in instructions in sponsor licensing for religious orders and pre-emptive Tier 1 applications. Clients comprise charities, education providers, and private individuals across the north west, the UK and globally. Solicitor Shara Pledger is recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Shara Pledger; Bilal Ehsan; Gemma Wylie
‘Knowledgeable and qualify professionals with experience.’
‘The team is helpful, professional and organised.’
‘Bilal Ehsan is totally amazing – he is always on hand to answer questions and is very informative.’
‘Gemma Wylie is definitely an expert in this field.’
‘Gary McIndoe is not only an expert in the black letter law of immigration, but is exceptionally gifted at challenging process and procedure when it comes to the decisions made by the Home Office. He is proactive in his approach, methodical and gets to grips with the facts of each case, using a strategic approach to challenge decisions that other firms have failed to successfully overturn.’
‘Latitude Law has become a firm of last resort for many of its clients, and has an exceptionally strong record of winning seemingly unwinnable cases – for both corporate and private clients.’
‘Gary McIndoe is a first rate lawyer with great immigration law knowledge.’
Travel Jigsaw t/s rental cars.com
US multinational manufacturing concern
Eamar Developments (UK) Limited
Infraflex It Solutions Ltd
- Ongoing retained relationship with Travel Jigsaw to provide corporate inbound immigration services.
- Ongoing retained relationship to US manufacturer to provide corporate inbound immigration services following its acquisition of a UK manufacturing business.
- Instructed by Eamar Developments to obtain UK sponsor licence and facilitate the hire of a highly skilled senior member of staff, switching from Tier 4 into the sponsored work category.
- Instruction by a serial tech entrepreneur to prepare endorsement application to Tech Nation under Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) category.
Principal associate Simon Kenny, who leads Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP's Manchester immigration team, frequently advises universities and companies seeking to sponsor from overseas for study or work in the UK. Another key stream of work is advice on the immigration risk issues in the aftermath of Brexit, as well as handling illegal working allegations and helping clients to respond to sponsor licence suspensions. Kenny also handles global immigration programmes for multinationals seeking to transfer employees to multiple jurisdictions.
The Epilepsy Society
South Tyneside College
Community Integrated Care