Al Markaz Law Firm is known for its wide-ranging expertise in both domestic and international banking and finance, acting for Islamic and conventional commercial banks and investment companies, funds, and other financial institutions around the world. Key figures in the team include Ayman Nada, who has more than 20 years of experience, and is the head of the corporate advisory practice. Senior associate Ahmad Al Sherif specialises in conventional and Islamic banking; his transactional experience includes areas such as project finance, general lending, real estate finance and syndicated lending. Senior associate Nadyn Saleh has experience of domestic and cross-border project finance transactions, and is also knowledgeable about other forms of structured finance.
Banking and finance in Kuwait
Al Markaz Law Firm
Addeshaw Goddard LLP
Adeem Investment & Wealth Mangagement
Al Bilad Real Estate Investment Co.
Royal Bank of Scotland
- Successfully represented Efad Real Estate Company in a dispute with Islamic Bank of Asia and PSA Bank.
- Advised JGSK Joint Venture on the liquidation of three performance bonds by Doha Bank.
- Acted for The Investment Dar in an action brought against Fawiz Al Mane’e over Al Mane’e receiving double the agreed-upon payment of outstanding debt by The Investment Dar.
ASAR - Al Ruwayeh & Partners
ASAR - Al Ruwayeh & Partners' reputation in banking and finance is 'without parallel', according to one client. The firm advises both lenders and borrowers on the full range of conventional and Islamic financial transactions and structures, including bilateral loans, club deals and syndicated loans. Sam Habbas' expertise includes Islamic finance and aircraft finance. Ezekiel Tuma, John Cunha, Rob Little and Ibrahim Sattout are also recommended.
‘ASAR has the go-to banking and finance practice in Kuwait. The firm’s reputation is without parallel, and well deserved.’
National Industries Group
- Acted as local legal counsel to Kuwait Finance House on financing the purchase of certain aircraft sub-leased to Kuwait Airways.
- Acted as local legal counsel to a subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, in its plans to construct and operate a photovoltaic power plant in Al-Shagaya.
- Acted as legal counsel to Fitchner GmbH, on a feasibility assessment of the potential privatisation of the North Shuaiba Power Plant.
DLA Piper Kuwait in Association With (NEN) Al-Wagayan, Al Awadhi and Al-Saif has a strong profile among large national and multinational clients, for whom it advises on matters such as Islamic finance and debt restructuring, including shari’ah-compliant aspects. Its work spans industries such as banking, aerospace, construction, energy and real estate. The joint heads of the department are Peter Somekh and Nader Al Awadhi. Kashif Syed was recently promoted to legal director.
Amwal Investment Company
Vectrus Systems Corporation
Al Oula Law Firm (Adel Abdulhadi & Partners)'s team demonstrates 'deep knowledge' and 'impressive judgment' in commercial and investment banking transactions, corporate finance, Islamic finance and project finance transactions. Fayez Al Dosari focuses on counselling foreign and domestic businesses on protecting investments and securing bank and investment facilities.