Dispute resolution: local litigation and arbitration in Israel
Erdinast, Ben Nathan, Toledano & Co. differentiates itself by the pedigree of its individuals: four of its litigation partners have clerked at the Supreme Court, eight attorneys studied at top law schools in the US, and four attorneys practiced law in the US. Partly as a result of this high-level experience, the team has an impressive track record of involvement in the market's most valuable, most sensitive, and most widely publicised disputes. Considered by many to be 'the best civil litigator in Israel' practice head Giora Erdinast is currently representing one of two controlling shareholders in the largest-ever corporate control dispute in Israel. Ran Sprinzak ('a brilliant litigator') is leading a very high-profile dispute in the cyber-security sector, and Tomer Weissman represented a BOT concessionaire in arbitration against the State of Israel in a dispute that posed an existential risk to the client's business. Also recommended is Dan Sella, who has particular expertise in cross-border disputes involving the US.
Giora Erdinast; Ran Sprinzak; Tomer Weissman
‘They are very professional, learn new issues profoundly and quickly, understand them fully and are capable of giving important insights and strong representation of our standing on matters.‘
‘One of the best law firms in Israel in local litigation and arbitration. Highest quality of legal service. Extremely professional and skilful team of lawyers producing excellent results.‘
‘Giora Erdinast has a magic touch which helps him turn even the toughest cases into absolute winners. Many consider him to be the best civil litigator in Israel and I concur. The breadth of Giora’s practice is outstanding and he is a true master in the art of litigation.‘
‘Ran Sprinzak is an exceptional lawyer and litigator. Extremely bright, knowledgeable and skilful.‘
‘I have been working with EBN as litigation lawyers for several years. They seem to have the best combination of brilliant and precise legal team.‘
‘The litigators from EBN appear before me on a regular basis in a variety of cases (class actions, shareholders’ disputes, contract disputes, etc.) which always involve the largest amounts for the biggest players in the Israeli business arena. Many times they succeed in making arguments which completely change the perception of the case in favour of their client and they have an amazing ability to dive into the smallest details.‘
‘Mr. Sprinzak is very thorough, demonstrates strategic view and has quick perception and understanding capabilities. Ran and his team are always available for us and respond quickly to every development.‘
‘Ran Sprinzak is a brilliant litigator. He leads some of the largest and most sophisticated cases heard before me. He has a very profound understanding of both the law and of the cases he handles, which reflects in his winning arguments.‘
‘Dan Sella and Tomer Weissman work on the biggest cases and they are extremely smart and talented.’
‘Tomer Weissman has made a name for himself in the Israeli legal arena as being creative, aggressive and relentless. Tomer is extremely convincing because of his integrity, attention to details and flawless legal reasoning.‘
‘EBN is considered by many to be the best litigation firm in Israel, and rightfully so. The litigation team at EBN has an unparalleled understanding of both the legal issues and the commercial issues.’
‘Giora Erdinast is probably the best civil litigator in Israel. He is great in court fights as well as in boardroom negotiations. Always quick on his feet and his charisma together with savvy can turn a very difficult case into a triumph.‘
‘The entire litigation team at EBN is phenomenal, and they are excellent in all types of litigation.‘
‘Tomer Weissman is an excellent and skilled litigator and tireless worker.‘
‘EBN are exceptionally good lawyers. They are thorough, systematic and at the same time employ “out of the box” strategies and moves.’
Moti Ben Moshe
Bank Mizrahi Tefahot
Bezeq- The Israeli Communication Company
Shikun and Binui– Solel Boneh
Taavura Holdings and the Livnat Family
Tiv Taam Holdings 1
Nesher – Israel Cement Enterprises
Directors of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
Mey-Eden Bar – First Class Service
Mediterranean Car Agency
Maman Cargo Terminals & Handling
Israel Electric Corporation
Israel Chemicals Ltd. (ICL) and its subsidiaries
Mr. Ron Itzhaki
Gree Electric Appliances Inc. of Zhuhai (China)
Derech Eretz Highways Management Corporation
Directors and officers in the Better Place Group, including the CEO of Better Place Israel
- Representing Moti Ben Moshe in arbitration involving control of Israel Discount Bank, a company with approximately 30,000 employees and assets valued at billions of US dollars. This is the largest dispute over corporate control ever fought in Israel.
- Represented Bezeq in an action that was filed by Cellcom Communication in which it claimed that Bezeq should increase its payments relating to interconnect charges to Cellcom.
- Representing Tiv Taam in an ongoing high profile and public dispute over its right to open on the Sabbath.
Fischer Behar Chen Well Orion & Co is considered by some to be 'among the top three commercial litigation teams in Israel'. The team's litigators have an impressive range of expertise in their own right, but the practice group also benefits from the firm's top-tier reputation in areas including banking, financial restructuring, labour and employment, and antitrust. Joint practice heads Reuven Behar and Gil Orion have deep experience in court litigation and ADR, and both are among the best known litigators in the market. Tamar Turjeman-Kedem has particular expertise in administrative and antitrust disputes, while Amit Pines is a key contact for insolvency-related litigation. Oded Revivo and Shai Zadik are active younger partners, and Chen Cohen has been identified as an up-and-coming associate in the team.
Reuven Behar; Gil Orion
‘Communication with FBC is excellent and that makes work smooth and efficient. The team understands quickly and always provides clear answers. More importantly, we feel confidence that counsels advise in the best interest of the client.‘
‘Dr Gil Orion is honest, smart, creative, open minded, helpful and a superb leader.‘
‘Dr Gil Orion is a very experienced fighter, fighting aside you with not only spirit, but also patience, clear mind and strategy planning.‘
‘Chen Cohen is a very productive and efficient associate whose work product are impressive.‘
‘FBC combines a high level of legal professionalism with good common sense and pragmatism; they are communicative and flexible in their approach, well connected and also very nice people as individuals.‘
‘Gil has an excellent brain, he is very creative and combines huge experience with an open mind for new ideas. He is very communicative, responds very fast and is available whenever needed. A very nice person indeed, manners of an English gentleman, but knows how to be tough when needed. He’s a very good team player as well.‘
‘Among the top three commercial litigation teams in Israel. Specialising in complex litigation cases, regarding both local and international law.‘
Ministry of Finance, Office of the Accountant General
The Knesset, the Israeli Parliament
Ford Motor Company
Delta Air Lines
EY – Israel
Israeli Professional Football Leagues & Israeli Football Association
Eilat Ashkelon Pipeline Co.
Shikun & Binui Arison Group
Assa Abloy AB
Alon the Israeli Gas Company
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC)
Rafael Advanced Defense Systems
Huawei Tech. Investments Co.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Mr. Meni Weitzman (Hapoel Tel-Aviv Football Club)
The General Cooperative Workers Company in Eretz Israel
The Menashe Regional Council
- Representation of the State of Israel (Office of the Accountant General) in a dispute adjudicated in arbitration proceedings against Dead Sea Works, a company owned by Israel Chemicals, for failing to pay royalties to the State during years 2000-2010, and for royalties it will be obligated to pay until year 2030, with a total estimated value of NIS2.5bn (approx. $694m).
- Representation of owners of Tamar Natural Gas reservoir (Tamar Partners) in an administrative petition and a motion for injunction brought against the Israel Electric Corporation (IEC), in the Tel Aviv-Jaffa District Court. The IEC tender committee decided to award the owners of Leviathan Natural Gas reservoir, rather than Tamar Partners, in a tender it issued to supply natural gas to the IEC in a cost estimated to $535.5m.
- Represent Mr. Gideon Siterman, a former director general of the Ministry of Transportation and as chairman of the board of directors of the Ashdod Port Company, in a financial dispute in the amount of $200m against Mr. Shaul Mofaz, who was chief of staff of the Israel Defence Forces and the former defence minister. The conflict touched upon joint security activities which the parties planned to conduct in one of the Caribbean countries.
Meitar law offices fields one of Israel's largest litigation teams, and that depth of resource enables the firm to handle large, highly complex cases across a huge variety of industry sectors. The firm has a high percentage of partners with experience practicing in international law firms, making it an attractive choice for international corporates seeking counsel in cross-border disputes involving Israel. Headed by Israel Leshem, the litigation team has a strong reputation in all areas of commercial litigation including corporate and securities disputes, IP litigation, antitrust and banking-sector litigation. Other key figures include Nadav Weisman, who has experience across a range of commercial litigation and white-collar crime, and Eyal Rosovsky , a prominent figure in the Israeli litigation market, both as an advocate and as a lecturer. Or Baron Gil and Adam Shapira have also been recognised by clients.
‘Fast, experienced, and extremely professional. The team is creative and forthcoming with constant solutions.‘
‘Extremely responsive, very practical in their approach to resolving issues. Cut to the chase on matters and very efficient.‘
‘We highly recommend Reli Leshem and Or Baron Gil.‘
‘Adam Shapira has been a terrific resource for our company.‘
S. Horowitz & Co has a long-standing reputation as one of the leading firms in Israel's litigation market. The firm has enviable strengths in nearly every area of litigation, and is consistently instructed by the largest and most high-profile domestic companies as well as multinational corporates such as Google, which the firm represents in a litany of libel disputes and commercial claims. Another key area of strength is tender-related litigation, where the team is representing a Chinese company in multiple NIS1bn+ tenders. Joint practice heads Alex Hertman and Yehoshua Horesh are widely considered to be two of the country's best litigators; Ehud Arzi has expertise in banking and financial services litigation; Avi Ordo is best known for his work in IP litigation, but also handles tort claims; and Eliya Zunz Koller focuses on administrative law and environmental claims. Clients have also singled out partners Eran Bezalel and Ronen Brumer.
Alex Hertman; Yehoshua Horesh
‘Yehoshua Horesh, Ronen Bromer, and Eran Bezalel are very professional and brilliant litigators.‘
‘At any time they can put together a big team of ten or more lawyers, maybe five of which will be in the top 40 litigators in Israel.‘
Israel Electric Corporation
Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering
Paz Oil Company
KAN – Israeli Public Broadcasting Corp.
CRRC, Changchun Railway Vehicles
The Phoenix Insurance Company
Oron Group Investments & Holdings
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
Minrav Group/Minrav Engineering and Construction
Property and Building Corp.
The First International Bank of Israel
Readymix Industries (Israel)
The Weizmann Institute of Science and Yeda Research & Development
Maccabi Healthcare Services
Cim Lustigman Enterprises & Construction
Hadassah the Women’s Zionist Organization of America
Discount Investment Corporation
Derech Eretz Highways (1997)
- Representing Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering in a NIS680m lawsuit filed by the client against Israel’s Parliament (Knesset) for payment of overdue bills relating to its construction of a new wing in the Knesset.
- Representing Teva and Abic in a claim and a motion for preliminary injunctions filed against Teva with the Tel Aviv District Court by Neurim Pharmaceuticals Limited for alleged breach of Teva’s non-compete obligations under a licensing and distribution agreement between the parties in an attempt to prohibit Teva from marketing a generic product in the EU.
- Representing Paz Oil Company in arbitration before the retired President of the Supreme Court, Meir Shamgar, with regard to claims filed against Paz by Mivney Gazit (2000) and Mivney Gazit – Properties requiring Paz to expand a joint project for the establishment of a commercial and office tower in Tel Aviv and to pay compensation of tens of millions of NIS for alleged damages.
The litigation practice at Agmon & Co. Rosenberg Hacohen & Co. is highly respected by peers in the market, and is particularly standout in massive class actions, derivative claims, competition disputes and administrative claims. In particular, the practice group is active in a number of key industry sectors including banking and financial services, telecoms, construction and infrastructure, and energy, where its firm-wide service offering is considered among the market's strongest. Zvi Agmon is considered by his peers to be one of the country's most fierce litigators; Uri Sorek has expertise in derivative suits, class actions, and antitrust; Tal Mayshar focuses on commercial and administrative litigation, antitrust, and derivative actions; and Yoav Hirsh is a key contact for litigation and ADR in the payments and financial services, energy, and telecoms industries. Dana Hen stands out among the team's younger partners.
Zvi Agmon; Yoav Hirsh; Uri Sorek; Tal Mayshar
Former directors and officers of Israel’s Discount Investment Corporation
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC)
SWC Museum Corp.
Noble Energy Mediterranean
Israel Hotels International
Herzel Habbas Entrepreneurship
Baruch Habbas Entrepreneurship
Joseph Habbas Entrepreneurship
B. Yair Group
- Represented the former directors and officers of Discount Investment Corporation in a motion to approve a derivative action concerning a distribution of dividends.
- Represent CCECC in a claim it brings against Solel Boneh and Ashtrom Engineering and Construction alleging violation of a building contract regarding the construction of the Carmel Tunnels in Haifa.
- Represent Malam in arbitration proceedings against the State of Israel regarding a massive information and computing system that Malam was selected to build for Israel’s tax authorities to manage all Israeli customs and international trade taxation.
With market leading cases in class actions, derivative claims, and highly complex commercial litigation, Berkman & Co has earned a spot among the market's top litigation boutiques. Led by Ron Berkman, the practice group is careful to accept only the most complex and consequential cases, often involving significant cross-border components. In particular, the firm has had recent standout showings in banking and securities litigation, high-value commercial contract disputes, and a slew of large shareholder disputes and insolvency claims. Also recommended are Nachum Kubovsky, who specialises in administrative law and tender law, and Elad Chen, who is noted for his work in corporate control disputes, shareholder litigation, and insolvency-related disputes.
‘Berkman law firm is one of the leading litigation practices in Israel by any means.‘
‘Ron Berkman is an assertive and pro-active litigator. He is very familiar with the facts of the case and his experience and skills make him an excellent litigator.‘
‘Ron Berkman is a brilliant lawyer and knows his way in the legal system and the business area. He can staff a case with small and highly professional team that get in to the smallest details in a case.‘
‘The team is made up of highly skilled, knowledgeable lawyers.‘
‘Nachum Kubovsky and Elad Chen are the best students of Ron and I would have no hesitation to hire them for any litigation.‘
Dead Sea Works
Mr. Lev Leviev
Mr. Ilan Ben Dov
ZAO Raiffeisen Bank
The Nakash Family and AMPA Group
Directors of the Bazan Group
Deloitte Touche (Israel)
B.S.R Group controlling shareholders
- Represented Dead Sea Works, in a large-scale, high-profile $300m dispute against the State of Israel with regard to the issue of royalty payments for natural resources.
- Represented Israel Chemicals (ICL) in a large-scale dispute against IBM. ICL hired IBM to provide services to implement its SAP system for all of its subsidiaries worldwide (over 150 subsidiaries in over 30 different countries). The project, worth approximately $300m, was discontinued, leading to the parties’ dispute.
- Representing Mr. Lev Leviev, formerly the controlling shareholder in Africa Israel, as well as companies and parties connected to him, in a number of instances, including in the legal proceedings relating to the creditors’ arrangement in Africa Israel, which is one of the largest creditors’ arrangements ever made in Israel, exceeding a total value of NIS2bn.
As one of the largest firm's in the market, Goldfarb Seligman & Co. has the ability to resource large multi-party litigation, but also has the dedicated expertise on an individual level to handle complex and especially sensitive disputes. Indeed, the firm has four separate practice groups wholly dedicated to dispute resolution, and also has notable disputes capabilities in areas such as taxation, internet and privacy law, and real estate. Zvi Bar-Nathan leads the firm's commercial and international litigation department, and is also recognised for his expertise in international arbitration. Hagit Blaiberg leads the corporate, administrative, and class action litigation team; Aaron Michaeli heads the commercial, class action, and insolvency litigation department; and Moshe Mazor leads the administrative and white-collar litigation group. Firm chairman Eli Zohar is active in libel disputes and frequently serves as an arbitrator in domestic arbitration proceedings.
Eli Zohar; Zvi Bar-Nathan
‘Goldfarb Seligman are exceptionally good lawyers. They are thorough, systematic and at the same time employ bold and surprising strategies and attacks. They master many areas of the law (securities law, anti trust, tenders, etc) and are extremely efficient in litigation of complex cases.‘
‘Aaron Michaeli is a top litigator, extremely good at identifying the material points in every case, excellent appearance, bold, with very deep strategic thinking, extremely good at persuasion and in effective communication of his position. He is very dedicated to his clients and the cases and extremely good at understanding complex economic and accounting matters.‘
‘Zvi Bar-Nathan is a great lawyer with a wonderful mind. He and his team are excellent. I would not hesitate and turn to Zvi for his services, be it as counsel or as an arbitrator. He is not only an Israeli lawyer, he also widely experienced in the international field.‘
Credit Suisse (UK)
Credit Suisse Fund Administration
Credit Suisse Investment Services (Cayman)
Credit Suisse US Securities
The Israel Electric Corporation (IEC)
PJSC Aeroflot – Russian Airlines
Netivei Ayalon Co. (Ayalon Highways)
Canada Israel Group
Alonyal (McDonald’s Israel)
Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering
Alon Israel Oil Company
Eilat Ashkelon Pipeline Company (EAPC)
Dr. Gonen Segev
Hamashbir 365 Holdings
Six former directors of Orckit Communications
Societe Diamantaire Ch. Finkelstein & Co
Dalia Power Energies
NMC/ Hed Arzi Music
Profimex and Profimex (Israel)
The Center of Scientology Israel
- Represented Ayalon Highways in several matters including a claim filed against it by one of the largest infrastructure contractors in Israel, Elyakim Ben-Ari. The claim was filed in relation to a grade separation project in the city of Rehovot, estimated to be worth approximately NIS82m.
- Representing Shapir Civil and Marine Engineering in several matters including a claim against Israel Railways for NIS40m regarding excess pay in the construction of the train station in the city of Modiin. The parties reached a settlement agreement in March 2019, which was approved by the court.
- Representing Aeroflot in dozens of civil litigation proceedings.
Gornitzky & Co. handles high-value commercial litigation in a number of industry sectors, though administrative litigation is a particular area of expertise. In addition, the practice group is a top choice for derivative claims, and with a focus on highly regulated sectors such as banking and financial services, the team regularly manages high-value and high-profile derivative claims for clients including Israel's largest bank, a leading communications company, and a large holding company in the energy and chemicals sectors. Practice head Ofer Tzur is involved in several high-value tender disputes, while firm chairman Pinhas Rubin is responsible for much of the team's derivative litigation. Other key figures in the team include Ofer Fleischer, Harel Shaham and managing partner Kfir Yadgar.
Pinhas Rubin; Ofer Tzur
‘Smart people that are available 24/7 to get the job done and have been able to find creative solutions to complex problems.‘
‘We started working with them after we saw their work when they were working against us – and liked their capabilities so much that we decided to hire them on our next engagement. And we have been using them since.‘
‘Kfir Yadgar and Ofer Fleischer specifically have worked very closely with us and have been very valuable to our engagements. Smart, professional, creative and have our interests in mind.‘
‘I think their total dedication and the fact that we can trust them to look after our interests make their capabilities very unique and essential to us.‘
‘I worked with Ofer Tzur in some cases, whereas in other cases I represented the opposite side. In all cases he represented his client to the best extent possible, very knowledgeable in all legal sides, without missing out the possibility to find an amicable solution.’
‘Itzchak Lazar impressed me with his ability and acquaintance with the details of the case, deep and thorough understanding and ability to provide useful support to the leading advocate in the case.‘
‘Gornitzky’s team headed by Ofer Tzur has very strong litigation capabilities deriving from their long and extensive experience in all kinds of litigation procedures. Their team always appears with well prepared high quality arguments.‘
‘Their team is amazing, very talented, focused, and very efficient in solving problems. They are enthusiastic and available for you 24/7 always caring for your needs.‘
‘Ofer Tzur is probably the best litigator in Israel. He is a fearsome litigator, and if you want to win your case you better have him at your side. Judges pay him the utmost respect. His track record in winning challenging cases won him a comparison with the magician David Copperfield.‘
‘I recommend Advocated Kfir Yadgar and Harel Shaham. They are highly intelligent and experienced.‘
‘They have it all: Gornitzky & Co litigation team are winners. They will never fail you. They are brilliant professionals who comes up with incredible ideas and they never cease to amaze.‘
‘Working with their litigation team puts a lot of confidence that you are in good hands and that every angle and every legal aspect is addressed. While the strategy is articulated by the partners, the extended team provides great expertise. The team consults with us at every decision point and is always open to feedback and discussions.‘
‘Ofer Tzur and Ofer Fleischer with whom we worked on a major case, both display very high level of professionalism, experience and the strategy they laid down proved to be a winning strategy.‘
Shikun and Binui
The Phoenix Holdings
Menorah Mivtachim Holdings
Mekorot Water Co.
D.B.S. SATELLITE SERVICES (1998) (“yes”)
CRTG- China Railway Tunnel Group
Shikun & Binui – Solel Bone (Building and Infrastructure)
- Represented Israel Corporation in the dismissal of an appeal at the Supreme Court in relation to the motion to approve a derivative action.
- Represented a joint venture between China Railway Tunnel Group and China Railway Electrification Engineering Group before NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System and in an administrative petition filled by a competitor in the Red Line Systems Tender, conducted by NTA, which is one of the largest infrastructure tenders conducted in Israel.
- Represented former officers of the Better Place Group in a motion for the dismissal of a claim filed by the liquidator of the companies against 22 defendants in the amount of NIS200m.
Herzog Fox & Neeman is one of Israel's best known firms internationally and has thus handled litigation and ADR for large multinational corporates including PayPal, Monsanto, Luxottica Optics, BNP Paribas, Heinz and LG Electronics. Department head Yaacov Sharvit has an impressive roster of domestic and international clients; he represents Facebook in Israeli defamation, privacy and freedom of speech claims, and is also handling multiple NIS1bn+ disputes for Israel Electric Company. Joseph Ashkenazi has experience of high-value securities and mass tort litigation, and was also recently retained to advise Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is his highly publicised corruption case. David Zailer is another key figure in the team.
‘Herzog Fox & Neeman is the leading law firm in Israel and my contacts there are my go-to contacts whenever Israeli law advice is needed. They can assist an every area of law.‘
‘HFN’s team members are top-notch professionals. Super responsive and always concise and practical. They do not fall short of any other law firm in Israel and provide quality work similar to any international firm.‘
‘Joseph Ashkenazi is wonderful to work with in any respect. He is knowledgeable, insightful and creative as well as kind and respectful.‘
‘Having used numerous “big law” international firms, I’ve found that HFN provides the same outstanding, quality legal advice and support while also right sizing the service for our needs. HFN listens and tailors their services to our actual needs. No scorched earth approach but strategic and impactful support and counsel.‘
‘I rely heavily on Joseph (Yossi) Ashkenazi for our litigation and corporate matters. He is always available and provides cost conscious, clear and effective advice. The others on his team have provided support and counsel in an equally effective manner.‘
Israel Electric Company
Toro Media (the Omni Group)
Stonehage Fleming (Eagle)
AKA Development and Building
Apollo Global Management
ZHS IP Worldwide
Clal Industries and Beverages
Peltours – Insurance Agencies
Bat Or Industries
Via Maris Desalination
Kibbutz Ein Ged
- Representing Spirits International and ZHS IP Worldwide in a motion to enforce a foreign judgment of the Supreme Court of the Netherlands, which was filed by The Russian Government Authority FKP Sojuzplodoimport.
- Representing Israel Electric Company in a claim against the East Jerusalem Electric Company (JEDCO) seeking NIS530m for unpaid electricity fees; a counter-claim filed by JEDCO against the IEC, in an amount of NIS500m.
- Representing Peltours – Insurance Agencies in a high-profile case regarding allegations by the Israel Aerospace Industries, concerning the explosion of the Amos 6 satellite.
Tadmor Levy & Co. handles a wide variety of civil and commercial litigation, though the practice group is perhaps best known for its expertise in banking and payments disputes, competition litigation, real estate disputes, and infrastructure and construction claims. In particular, in 2019 the firm began representing NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System in disputes arising from all segments of the light rail project in Tel Aviv. Practice head Yechiel Kasher and Nir Kehat are each involved in high-value tender disputes, while in the payments space, Kasher is acting for Max it Finance in a dispute with Israel's largest supermarket retailer concerning the operation of a partnership valued at over NIS750m. On the more junior end, associate Nir Weintraub is thought to have 'a bright future ahead'.
‘In my opinion, the firm is one of the finest in Israel, with vast legal experience in many industries and in all courts in Israel. The service provided to us by the firm is constantly characterised by top-quality legal thinking and availability. The partners working on our cases are closely involved and guide the junior lawyers working on the case.‘
‘When working on a case, we work together with the firm’s team, who keep us up-to-date and share with us their thoughts and comments. With Tadmor Levy & Co.’s litigation practice group, we know that we are in good hands.‘
‘Yechiel has an outstanding, analytical legal mind and is closely involved in our cases, and he’s definitely not someone you would want to see representing the other side!‘
‘The uniqueness of the firm is firstly its leader, Yechiel Kasher, who is a great litigator. Wise, experienced, well rounded, thorough and knowledgeable. Adv. Kasher will do a great job while preparing a case and as a very charismatic speaker he will also do a great job while speaking in court in front of a judge. Also, his team is made of bright young lawyers that together give a perfect solution to litigation and disputes. I am working with many law firms so I can say with no doubt this practice is of the highest quality.‘
‘All of the junior lawyers in the firm with whom I have worked are professional and capable legal practitioners. In particular Adv. Nir Weintraub is a talented, hardworking and dedicated lawyer. I believe that Mr. Weintraub has a great future ahead.‘
‘The ability to form a brilliant strategy is unique. The execution of the legal work was flawless. As an ex-litigator I chose them and was delighted to find out how well they preformed. The ingenuity and the excellent presentation in writing and orally filled me with confidence. The result was excellent.‘
‘I worked with this team on several cases. I was extremely impressed by their detailed knowledge of the case. The collaboration with me was excellent. They had an open mind and willingness to incorporate really advanced economic analysis. It was an excellent experience for me. I did not find any other firm that were so careful in their analysis and so open for new ideas.‘
‘The leader of the group, Yechiel Kasher, is a very impressive individual.‘
NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System
Max it Finance
Assuta Medical Center
The Hagag Group
Israel Ports Development & Assets Company
“Hever” Consumer Club
The Association for the Wellbeing of the Israeli Soldiers (The LIBI fund)
Cross Israel Highway
- Representation of Max it Finance in a commercial dispute with Shufersal concerning the continued operation of a limited partnership valued at NIS780m.
- Acting for Assuta Medical Center in three petitions submitted to the Supreme Court of Israel regarding the constitutionality of recent amendments to Israeli law concerning the payment of doctors providing care at private medical facilities.
- Acting for Mr. Rabinovitsch, the former income tax commissioner and former head of the Israel Football Association’s budget committee, as well as his partner Mr. Doron Sagiv, in arbitration proceedings against Mr. Efi Shurka. The dispute relates to income-producing real estate properties and other types of assets acquired jointly by the parties, valued at hundreds of millions of NIS.
Yigal Arnon & Co stands out in a wide range of corporate and commercial litigation, administrative claims, consumer litigation and banking and securities litigation. Moreover, as a full service firm with top-tier capabilities in a number of practice areas, the team regularly leverages the complementary expertise of practice groups such as tax, tenders and transportation, financial services, and hi-tech. Additionally, the firm as a whole has developed a strong reputation for international work, drawing instructions from major multinationals including Google, which the litigation team represents in e-advertising and freedom of expression disputes. The practice group is headed by the 'outstanding' Barak Tal and includes Ruth Loven, Daniel Abarbanel and Dror Varsano.
Barak Tal; Daniel Abarbanel; Ruth Loven; Dror Varsano
‘Barak Tal is outstanding. He brings both tactical know-how and presence.‘
Siemens Industry Software Solutions
Egged Workers’ Pension Fund
JCW (Jewish Community Watch)
Brightman Almagor Zohar & Co. (Deloitte Israel)
Israel Discount Bank
Bank Leumi Le Israel
FIBI – First International Bank of Israel
CAL – Israel Credit Cards
El Al Israel Airlines
Ministry of Transportation
Ministry of Finance
Migdal Insurance Company
Phoenix Insurance Company
- Represented VinX, an Israeli start-up developing a blockchain application for wine derivatives in a claim brought against it by Blockchain Development, an Israeli company. The plaintiff alleged that it developed a blockchain protocol and that VinX entered into a contract with it to launch and operate its application exclusively on the blockchain protocol.
- Representing Egged Workers’ Pension Fund in a NIS2bn (~$554.5m) claim and counter-claim against public transportation operator Egged for breach of contract and Egged’s undertakings towards the Fund in the Fund’s articles of association, by failing to pay the Fund the full actuarial costs of Egged’s workers early retirements, and by failing to ensure the agreed-upon return on the fund’s investments.
- Representing Siemens in various cases, including a complex liquidation process of a sub-contractor whose only project was with Siemens where both parties argue over multimillion-NIS in damages caused by the other party.
Amit, Pollak, Matalon & Co. Advocates and Notary has developed a strong reputation in high-profile commercial litigation where it acts for domestic and international corporates. In particular, the disputes team is especially skilled in large-scale environmental litigation, class actions, and administrative proceedings. Additionally, the practice group acts for individuals in shareholder disputes, and other private clients with financial interests in Israel and abroad. Senior partner and firm co-founder Aharon Pollak heads the disputes team; Arie Neiger is among Israel's leading figures for environmental litigation; Aya Reich-Mina specialises in administrative litigation; and Asaf Biger is rated for his work in complex corporate and general commercial litigation, especially in cases with cross-border components. Also recommended is Sharon Lubezky-Hess, who features most prominently in the field of class actions and derivative actions, but also has experience in finance disputes.
‘We highly appreciate the service that we receive from APM. APM carries out complex legal work for our company which almost always concludes in positive outcomes, even when the odds are against us.‘
‘The team’s interpersonal skills are valuable when communicating with the other side, which brings successful closures. Our longstanding relationship with APM is the result of the excellent quality of the services provided by APM.‘
Sade Precise Agriculture
Presidium of Israel Business Organizations
The Manufacturers Association of Israel
Mr. Alan Salzmano
Eilat Ashkelon Pipeline Co.
Valley National Bank
Oil Refineries (part of Bazan Group)
- Representing a private individual in complex and wide-scoped legal proceedings pertaining to the inheritance of an estate valued at $1bn. Acting as lead counsel, together with local counsels, in proceedings held parallel in Israel, the US and Ecuador. Additional legal proceedings in the case are planned to be instigated in the UK, Switzerland and Germany.
- Representing Mr. Baron in a $56m shareholders’ dispute between him and Mr. Yoram Levinson, the other remaining shareholder, in a company that imports about 10% of the cement consumed in Israel.
- Represented Aura in its appeal against a betterment tax assessment imposed thereon in the amount of NIS60m. The betterment tax assessment was imposed in connection with a construction project for 700 residential units in the city of Ramat Hasharon.
A full-service firm with strengths in a range of litigation and arbitration, AYR – Amar Reiter Jeanne Shochatovitch & Co has been particularly standout in real estate, infrastructure and tender disputes. The department is headed by Ram Jeanne, one of the firm's founders. In addition to the team's work in administrative and civil proceedings in the real estate and infrastructure space, the litigation group leverages the firm's reputation in telecoms, retail, software and public sector work to win enviable instructions in those sectors from clients such as Hot (Israel's largest multi-channel TV provider), Shufersal (the country's largest consumer goods retailer), the Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation, as well as several domestic and international IT and cyber companies. Other key figures include Yaniv Dekel and Oded Gross.
‘All the lawyers who gave me service were excellent. Patient, sensitive and above all, strive for excellence.‘
‘Professionalism and expertise in the applicable legal fields and short response time.‘
‘I would especially like to note two attorneys I have worked closely with: Yaniv Dekel – patient, determined and wise. Knows how to mediate wonderfully between customer and reality; and Ram Jeanne – responsible, wise, considerate and talented. You really don’t want to see him on the other side of the table.‘
‘A great team of professionals, love working with them. Ram Jeanne is the best.‘
Shapir Engineering & Industries
Hutchison Water International Holdings
Partner Communications Company
Merkavim Transportation Technologies
Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation (KAN)
HOT Telecommunication System
Pelephone Communications Company
Star Pumped Storage
Aura Israel Development and Investments
Power Construction Corporation of China
Pizzarotti & C.
China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation
- Represented Shapir Civil & Marine Engineering and Pizzarotti in legal proceedings against the Israel Railway Company regarding delays and additional contracting work in the construction of the fast railway line from Central Israel to Jerusalem. Damages had been estimated at approx. NIS2bn.
- Representing Hutchison Water International Holdings in a lawsuit against IDE Technologies regarding the sale of IDE’s shares in the operating company of Soreq desalination plant, the largest desalination plant in Israel.
- Represented Hot Telecommunication System in a legal proceeding which involved both civil and administrative proceedings and reached the Israeli Supreme Court, regarding the client’s right to broadcast sports channels on cable, satellite, and IPTV platforms.
'Dedicated, dependable and professional', the team at Lipa Meir & Co has over the past few years seen strong development in its junior ranks, and has recently enjoyed an impressive run of instructions from high-profile multinationals and market-leading domestic clients. Indeed, 2018-2019 saw the litigation team handling high-value disputes for clients such as KPMG USA, Bank Hapoalim (Israel's largest bank), and Clalit Health Services (Israel's largest HMO). Headed by Alon Pomeranc, the practice group is particularly strong in commercial and administrative claims in the real estate, energy and infrastructure sectors. The team also acts for a number of banks and financial services institutions in insolvency matters, commercial contract litigation, and financing disputes. Other names to note include name partner Lipa Meir and, on the more junior end, Erez Dar Lulu.
‘Dedicated, dependable and professional. I appreciate Lipa Meir & Co Law Firm for their professionalism, not to mention their talented staff.‘
Israeli Ministry of Finance
Clalit Health Services
Mor Research Applications
Sunny Cellular Communication
Israel Discount Bank
Mekorot Israel National Water Company
Israel Postal Company
Janterra Real Estate Advisors
Minority shareholders of Moonlight
NTA Metropolitan Mass Transit System
- Representing the Ministry of Finance and the State Desalination Administration in a proceeding with a subsidiary company of the national water company, Mekorot. The State has contracted the Company to establish a desalination facility in Ashdod. The facility was established two years later than stipulated in the agreement, and the State sought to use the compensation mechanism agreed between the parties in the event of delay (NIS150m).
- Represented Clalit in a case, in which the Supreme Court, with three judges, decided that a health fund member could not file a derivative claim on behalf of Clalit.
- Representing KPMG USA in a fundamental procedural question concerning the leave to effect extraterritorial service filed by the liquidators.
'Highly responsive and very professional', the team at M. Firon & Co Advocates and Notaries is capable of dealing with almost any area of commercial litigation, but has particular expertise in disputes concerning real estate transactions, partnership disputes and shareholder litigation, general business disputes, and construction and infrastructure litigation. In addition, the team has a proven track record in the enforcement of foreign judgements, as well as in multinational investment and financing disputes. Head of the firm Zvi Firon is recognised throughout the market for his experience in litigation and ADR. David Hamu heads the litigation group and Michael Oiknine is 'a fierce litigator'. Also recommended are Oren Tenenboim and Jacob Enoch, who is rated for his advice on contentious and non-contentious matters.
Zvi Firon; David Hamu
‘Complete devotion to the case involved by the entire team. The team leader is always fully involved. This is unique compared with other firms I work with. That is the reason I prefer to work especially with it for the last fifteen years.‘
‘It is my pleasure to provide this recommendation regarding the litigation team at Firon. I have been working with them for some years now and it is a real pleasure. They are always highly responsive and their professional service is nothing less than top notch!‘
‘In any litigation which requires us to be represented in a court or for dispute resolution or in any other tribunal, our first choice would undoubtedly be Adv. Michael Oiknine. He is a fierce litigator who possess exceptional skills in the art of cross examining the witnesses and experts of the other side. He is uncompromisingly professional, thorough and has the capacity to provide a comprehensive response to our needs.‘
‘Adv. Jacob Enoch is very professional, highly responsive and understands both the theory and the practice.‘
Kfar Saba Municipality
South Hasharon Municipality
Migdal Insurance Company
The Third Avenue Corporation
The State Comptroller Office Committee for Giving Permits to Ministers
Ashtrom Engineering and Construction
Shikun & Binui
Tel Aviv University and Ramot at Tel Aviv University
Diplomat Distributors (1968)
Israel Railways Company
IDI Insurance Company
Bezeq the Israel Telecommunication Corp. Ltd.
- Represented Ashdar in several arbitration and other litigation proceedings as part of a complicated dispute regarding the execution of a large eviction – construction project in Tel Aviv worth over NIS1bn.
- Representing Migdal Insurance Company in the defence of a NIS800m suit alleging our client breached its obligations pursuant to a set of contracts with the plaintiff, governing the acquisition of control and operation of the Zahav mall near Tel Aviv.
- Representing The State Comptroller Office Committee for Giving Permits to Ministers in the proceedings before the Supreme Court against a petition by Prime Minister Netanyahu challenging the decision not to allow Netanyahu to have certain affiliated businessmen fund the legal fees of his defence team handling the criminal charges he is facing.
Shibolet & Co.'s litigation group has markedly developed its market profile since its merger in 2018. The department is led by Joseph Benkel, who is highly respected by peers, and rated by clients both for his court advocacy and his incisive legal advice. The litigation group is an active player in class actions, insolvency-related litigation, and commercial claims in a huge range of industry sectors including hi-tech, retail, agriculture and utilities, and construction and infrastructure. Other names to note are Hillel Ish-Shalom, who specialises in insurance and has experience of a variety of commercial disputes; Shmuel Galinka, whose areas of expertise include competition, white-collar crime, and bankruptcy and receivership; and Ofer Shapira, who has particular expertise in cross-border corporate and financing disputes. Inbal Raz has also been singled out by clients.
Joseph Benkel; Hillel Ish-Shalom; Shmuel Galinka; Ofer Shapira
‘Yossi Benkel is an extremely out of the box thinker with a great ability to simplify complex issues. Inbal Raz follows in Yossi’s steps.‘
‘Very professional attorneys, highly responsive, providing practical services.‘
‘Joseph Benkel is an extremely sharp litigator with very good instincts and an ability to understand the intention and next moves of the other party.‘
‘Great professionals, confident about their work, available to think together and provide advice.’
Israel Ports Development & Assets Company
Tnuva Cooperative Center for Agricultural Product Marketing in Israel
Partner Communication Company
Hutchison Water Israel E.P.C.
Hutchison Water International Holdings
Mr. Peretz Winkler
Rosh HaAyin Municipality
Gindi Holdings Group
Amidar The Israeli National Public Housing Company
Bezeq The Israeli Telecommunication Corp.
Migdal Insurance and Financial Holdings
The Phoenix Insurance Company
RAD Data Communications
Women’s International Zionist Organization (Wizo)
James Richardson Proprietary
- Representing Cellcom and Partner Communications in a motion for a declaratory order filed against Bezeq, alleging that Bezeq has breached the contract concluded between the parties, its license and the Ministry of Communications instructions under “the wholesale market reform”.
- Representation of Israel Ports Developments & Assets Company in arbitration proceedings before (ret.) Supreme Court judge Yoram Danziger, in a dispute with the former operator of Ashdod port’s granary – Ashdod Granary, concerning alleged proprietary rights and contractual rights of the former operator in part of the granary’s software.
- Representation of Seldat and Daniel Dadoun in arbitration against Hillel Yaacobson and Yessodot Zur wherein a claim and a counter claim were filed. The dispute is related to the partnership between the parties in various projects, specifically construction and real estate projects (involving about 3,500 residential units) which were meant to be mutually executed by the parties.
Eytan Liraz & Co Law Offices
Eytan Liraz & Co Law Offices is a dynamic litigation boutique specialising in complex litigation often with significant cross-border components. The firm has a particularly strong track record in government and politics-related litigation, but has high-level experience in a range of complex disputes including shareholder litigation, cross-border debt recovery, IP and trade secrets-related disputes, and real estate disputes. The practice group is headed by name partner Eytan Liraz, who has extensive experience in international litigation and has held several appointments with the ICC.
Other key lawyers:
Shlomo Hemli; Lior Ben Dror; Shay Fischer
Knesset Members Shelly Yachimovich and Eitan Cabel
B.G. Negev Technologies and Applications
F. Hoffmann-La Roche
La Banque Française Mutualiste (BFM) (subsidiary Societe Generale)
Ilan Artzy and Orit Barzilay
Orchid Sports Cars Israel
Mr. Amos Elia
A.D.A. Tamir Construction
- Represented Knesset Members Shelly Yachimovich and Eitan Cabel in a series of legal proceedings in the Supreme Court, Tel Aviv District Court and internal legal body of the Histadrut, concerning the 2017 Histadrut elections.
- Representing B.G. Negev Technologies and Applications, (Ben Gurion University’s technology transfer company) in a claim filed against American company Bioness Inc. and its subsidiary company in Israel in relation to the receipt of royalties from sales of products commercialized based on intellectual property of the university.
- Representing two plaintiffs (former employees of the defendant company) in the preliminary stages of proceedings against Hadas Arazim and its foreign shareholders concerning breach of duty for payment.
Specialising in complex corporate litigation, FWMK (Furth, Wilensky, Mizrachi, Knaani) has a strong reputation for shareholder and partnership disputes, banking and securities litigation, corporate liability, and commercial contract disputes. Jointly headed by Ofer Furth and Boaz Wilensky, the practice group is also noted for it's experience in disputes involving Chinese parties, and in particular, acting for Chinese companies in disputes with Israeli companies. In addition to its corporate disputes work, the team also handles IP ownership disputes and disputes involving consumer law.
Ofer Furth; Boaz Wilensky
‘In my opinion which is based on years of experience in the Israeli litigation scene FWMK have one of the best litigation teams on the market. They are thorough, precise, knowledgeable, and are very highly regarded by the judiciary.‘
‘Eran Meir is definitely becoming a go-to litigator for complex proceedings in Israel. He is bright and knows how to formulate legal and factual arguments in a manner which gives his clients a huge advantage over the opponent. He is also a superb tactician.‘
‘Top quality professionals. Highly Capable. The whole team is 10/10.‘
‘Orr Noy is an excellent lawyer, an expert in litigation. He combines his personal skills with his professionalism and provides great service to his clients.‘
‘The culture of the team is a culture of winners.‘
‘The individuals I work with are a combination of professionals and loyal lawyers that will respond to me 24/7.‘
‘Ofer Furth is an outstanding lawyer, extremely smart and knowledgeable.‘
Rav-Bariach (08) Industries
Oron Holdings and Investments Group
Liad Whatstein & Co. Law Office
Ilan Dayan Holdings
Ace Capital Retail (2016)
N.A.R.A. Medical Center
Howden Insurance Company (2002)
Rafi Shapira & Son
Koperaly and Shalom Investments
Negevsoft Software 2014
BH Sade Venture
D.B.M. Investment House
- Representing Liad Whatstein and Liad Whatstein & Co. Law Office in a complex business and personal dispute between him and his former partner, Adv. Dr. Shlomo Cohen, founder of Shlomo Cohen & Co. Law Firm, one of Israel’s leading IP firm.
- Representing Brand Industries in a claim against Danya Cebus and the Israel Airports Authority in the amount of $7.6m alleging that it had not been paid the full contractual sum for the work it had done.
- Representing the defendants Koperaly and Shalom Investments, Zaki Shalom and Motti Koperaly, who own the Hatzi Hinam marketing chain, in a shareholders’ dispute with a salad company named Keyad HaMelech Adi.
Ilan Sofer & Co.
Ilan Sofer & Co. was established in 2018 by the 'sharp and shrewd' Ilan Sofer, who had up to that point acted as department head of the white-collar litigation practice at one of Israel's largest and most prestigious law firms. In line with the expertise of its name partner, the firm is perhaps best known for its involvement in regulatory investigations and white-collar litigation, but the team is also active in a number of complex commercial claims, including shareholder litigation and insurance-related disputes. The practice group also has experience of derivative actions, planning and real estate disputes, and various administrative claims.
‘What makes Ilan Sofer & Co. unique is its high professional and legal skills, which reflects in striving for the best solution for it’s clients, while using broad perspective and creative thinking.‘
‘Adv. Ilan Sofer is sharp and shrewd, yet level-headed and has an excellent personal skills.‘
‘Ilan Sofer is a great litigator, and handles regulatory investigations with great results. He is very pleasant to work with and always available. Highly recommended for white-collar investigations as well.‘
Israel Aerospace Industries
TSK Electronica y Electricudad
Dor Alon Energy In Israel (1988)
Jacky Ben Zaken
Zvi Sarfati & Sons Investments & Construction 1992
Property & Building Corporation
American International Group
Mishan Assisted Living Network
The Association of Residents of the Assuta Compound
- Represented Israel Aerospace Industries in a dispute with several insurance companies concerning the explosion of the Amos-6 satellite, during the ground fuelling of the SpaceX rocket.
- Represented Lapidoth Capital in a claim before the Economic Department of the District Court of Tel Aviv, concerning the appointment of external directors in a public company.
- Representing TSK Electronica y Electricudad in a unique dispute between the concessionaire and the construction contractor of a large solar power plant in Israel. The dispute concerns the parties’ responsibilities in dealing with State authorities, and with the Israel Electric Corporation.
Naschitz, Brandes, Amir & Co. specialises in insurance litigation, mass tort, product liability claims and professional malpractice, and is thus particularly active in class actions, and civil claims in the construction and infrastructure, professional services, and maritime and aviation sectors. Yoav Razin acts in a variety of corporate, securities and antitrust dispute, and also has experience in ICC arbitration. Gil Atar and Tamar Kareth are key contacts for high-value, multi-jurisdictional insurance litigation, professional liability claims and mass tort. Yaron Rossman is another contact in the practice group.
Yoav Razin; Gil Atar; Tamar Kareth
Ayalon Insurance Company
GTS Power Solutions
Menora Mivtachim Insurance
Leumit Health Care Services
Israel Electric Corporation
- Advising FIMI Israel on all aspects of a substantial claim linked to a transaction with Ormat Technologies. As part of a claim filed against the FIMI Fund, Bronitzky Investments, officers of Ormat Technologies and the partners in the fund, alleging that the defendants did not pay brokerage fees and/or prevented the plaintiff from mediating between the defendants and the Japanese corporation Orix, which acquired their shares in Ormat Technologies 2017.
- Representing Ayalon Insurance and its insured in a claim alleging that an attorney was professionally negligent in relation to advice provided as part of a discussion at a meeting of the board of directors.
- Acting for GTS Power Solutions and Woodgroup in disputes relating to the construction of the Dorad Power Plant.
S. Friedman & Co. Advocates & Notaries has longstanding relationships with some of Israel's largest public and private sector companies, which it represents in construction and infrastructure-related claims, tort and insurance litigation, class actions, and distribution, agency and franchise disputes. Among the firm's core industry strengths are food products and shipping, and indeed, the litigation team has handled a number of important disputes for Israel's largest food producer (Tnuva) and largest shipping company (ZIM). Headed by Itamar Anaby, the team also places heavy emphasis on its approach to and record in arbitration and mediation. Other key figures include Gavriel Disegni and Lily Doron.
Netivei Israel – The National Transportation Infrastructure Company
Shafir – Ashtrom
ARAS Marine Construction
Eldan Car Rental (1965)
University of Haifa/Carmel-Haifa University Economic Corporation
Zim Integrated Shipping Services
Hamashbir 365 Holdings Group
The Jewish Agency
Luzon Development and Energy Group
U. Dori Group
Yefe Nof Transport Infrastructures & Construction
Dead Sea Works
The Forum of Entrepreneurs in the Mental Health Field
Shareholders of Kotev – Healthy Therapeutic Community
The Jewish People Policy Institute
- Represented Tnuva, one of the two leading producers of cattle fresh meat, as a defendant in a petition filed to the High Court of Justice by animal protection organisations against the Government of Israel and several importers of cattle (for slaughter). The petitioners sought to prohibit/restrict the import of cattle to Israel.
- Representing Shafir Ashtrom and ARAS Marine Construction and a Turkish barge owner (who were engaged in the building of a new port in Israel), in a claim against the owners of a ship that collided into and damaged a barge and a breakwater that was a part of the new port project.
- Represented the University of Haifa and its subsidiary Carmel-Haifa University Economic Corporation Ltd. in a lawsuit filed by the Trustee appointed to Madoff Securities by the Bankruptcy Court in New York. The Trustee alleges that the defendants should repay donations granted to them by the Horowitz Fund, which were paid by money that, according to the Trustee, was drawn fraudulently from Madoff Securities.
Tulchinsky Stern Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co. has expertise in ADR and court litigation, where it acts for major Israeli clients in a variety of commercial contract disputes, tender litigation, tax and insurance-related claims, white-collar crime, and derivative and class actions. Amir Levitski and Isaac Marciano have experience across a wide range of commercial and civil litigation; firm co-founder Doron Stern has extensive experience in corporate, commercial, and tax-related litigation; Assaf Benmelech leads the disputes team in the Jerusalem office; and Uri Corb recently joined as head of the firm's criminal and white-collar department. Jerusalem Venture Partners and The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Foundation are among the firm's key clients.
Amir Levitski; Isaac Marciano; Assaf Benmelech; Uri Corb
‘The attorneys at Tulchinsky Stern Marciano Cohen Levitski & Co with whom I have worked are distinguished not only by their superior legal skills, but also by their highest level of personal integrity and complete dedication to client service. I have been very pleased to recommend them without hesitation to my professional colleagues.‘
‘Amit Hirsch is one of the finest attorneys I have had the pleasure of working with over the past years. His legal knowledge coupled with his dedication to his clients makes Amit an excellent lawyer.‘
The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Foundation
The Caesarea Edmond Benjamin de Rothschild Development Corporation
Jerusalem Venture Partners
Former officers at Dorot Garlic & Herbs
Environmental Services Company
Shekel Insurance Agency (2008)
Adva Optical Networks
Arke New Gate
- Represent IMI Israel in a number of complex dispute resolution claims with diverse issues. Including in a proceeding filed against one of the largest Israeli food companies (Zoglobek), with regard to payments on a large computing project.
- Represented IBM Israel in relation to the disputed result of a tender for the operation and maintenance of the computer systems of the Ministry of Construction and Housing.
- Represented the Caesarea Foundation and the Caesarea Development Corporation in an administrative petition filed against the local planning and construction committee Hof Hacarmel regarding land that is to be included in a plan for the entire community.
Barnea Jaffa Lande & Co. fields a team of 'aggressive, determined and creative litigators', who have experience in a range of corporate, tax and cross-border commercial disputes. In particular, the practice group has expertise in shareholder disputes including shareholder activism campaigns, and litigation involving participants in the professional services industries. Headed by Zohar Lande, the team is also rated for its experience in litigation involving parallel proceedings in foreign jurisdictions, as well as in disputes involving questions of jurisdiction. Other key contacts include Noa Havdala, who specialises in capital markets litigation, and Shai Avnieli, who has expertise in construction and infrastructure-related litigation; Avnieli joined the team from S. Horowitz & Co in 2019.
‘Aggressive, determined creative litigators. Excellent service.‘
‘Zohar Lande is relentless.‘
Thermo Fisher Scientific
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants
TI Group Automotive Systems SRO
Saifan Precision Instruments
- Representation of Knight Therapeutics, a Canadian public company, and its CEO in a shareholder activism dispute with Medison Biotech.
- Representing Eyal Shamir in a lawsuit against British Israel Investments. The client was the broker in the merger between British Israel Investments and Melisron. Melisron is declining to pay the brokerage fee, as it claims that there was no merger at all.
- Representing the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Israel and the Institute of Internal Auditors in Israel in a petition to the Supreme Court against the Government Companies Authority (GCA). The petition revolves around the GCA director’s decision that internal auditors in government companies must be employed directly by those government companies.
Epstein Rosenblum Maoz (ERM) specialises in representing European companies and individuals in corporate and commercial disputes across a variety of industry sectors. Indeed, this niche specialism is underpinned by the international practicing experience of its partners, and an enviable variety of European language skills within the team. The practice group is headed by Gideon Weinbaum. In addition to his work for European companies, Weinbaum also has experience acting for Israeli corporates in labour disputes, product liability matters, real estate-related litigation and tender disputes. The team also handles the enforcement of international judgements in Israel.
‘Very fast and satisfying results, high competence in the field of litigation.‘
‘Gideon Weinbaum and Ron Abelski are always accessible and come up with doable solutions within short time.‘
‘Gideon Weinbaum gets the job done.‘
Fresenius Medical Care Israel
S.C. Daflog SRL
Financial Industrial Assets
Brown Hotels Group
The Emilia Group
The Tahal Group
- Representing MGM Grand, Aria and Bellagio, owners and operators of hotels in Las Vegas, in an application for enforcement of judgments rendered in Nevada against Israeli individuals for breach of contract.
- Represented a joint venture equally owned by Tahal and Veridis in proceedings against the State of Israel and Zero Waste relating to a tender for the engineering, procurement and construction of a waste recycling facility. The client claimed that the State illegally allowed the winner of the tender, Zero Waste, to materially change its offer after it was submitted.
- Representing S.C. Daflog SRL, a company incorporated in Romania, in a claim against an Israeli oil drilling company, in relation to a drilling project in Israel.
'A sizeable firm with a boutique feel', Granot Speiser Law Office handles a range of corporate and commercial litigation, with particular expertise in securities litigation, shareholder disputes, insolvency-related litigation, and insurance, D&O liability, and tort litigation. The team is headed by Shai Granot, who is instructed by many of Israel's leading insurance companies, investment houses and a huge variety of Israeli corporates and shareholders. Tom Neumann has particular expertise in privacy, defamation and IP-related disputes, and Ronit Zemer-Cohen has experience of a variety of commercial and insurance litigation. Shai Sharvit (an international arbitration specialist) left for Gornitzky & Co. in 2019.
‘Our company has been working with Shai Granot’s law firm for almost 15 years. The firm’s team is very strong and talented, both as individuals and together as a group. The team is very professional, always committed to perfection, excellent level of service and very short response periods. We consider the firm clearly as one of the best law firms in Israel.‘
‘The services provided by the firm are at the highest level. A very strong team, comprised of extremely skilful, professional and creative lawyers, responding very quickly to the developments involved in the cases and to our requests and questions, and aiming firmly for achieving the best results for the firm’s clients.‘
‘I’ve known Shai for over 20 years and excellency defines him. He is a high-end lawyer in general, and a high-end litigator in particular. Shai is very creative, always sees the big picture and creates the accurate strategic path accordingly, while being aware of the smallest details and creating the exact suitable tactics. He always pursues perfection, and spares no effort in achieving the best results for our company.‘
‘Adv. Shai Granot is a brilliant lawyer, definitely one of the leading individuals in Israel, both as a litigator and as an insurance expert. He is very creative, super-professional, always able to see the big picture while being aware of all of the small and relevant details.‘
‘The service provided by the firm is fantastic. Shai and his team are very knowledgeable, creative, readily available, and work with the clients’ best interest in mind in very short response time.‘
‘Shai Granot is a bright litigator and also an expert in all the aspects of insurance law and commercial law. He is thorough, creative and always sees the big picture with a clear strategic plan, without forgetting the smallest details.‘
‘The service we receive is outstanding! Shai and his team give their all to the client. They are extremely professional and creative, using their exceptional know-how for our benefit, with very short response time. As far as I’m concerned, Granot-Speiser law firm is the best.‘
‘I would single out Shai Granot and point to his creativity. I would also point out Adv. Tal Friedman. She is a very talented advocate, assisting Shai in all of our cases.‘
‘The litigation team of the firm, led by Adv. Shai Granot, is an outstanding team. Each and every lawyer from the team that we have worked with, proved to be excellent, very professional and very skilful. They are familiar with every small detail, know how to focus on the important issues from our point of view, and able to do it very efficient and quickly.‘
‘Shai is a top litigator, characterised by a total commitment to perfection and pursuing the best results for us. His exceptional litigation skills combined with a great business acumen allow him to pin-point the perfect solution to every problem and obstacle.‘
‘Smart, hard working passionate and personable people. Extremely reliable and dedicated to their customers.‘
Harel Insurance Company
Menora-Mivtachim Insurance Company
ACE American Insurance Company
Mishmeret Trust Company
Institute of Control and Quality
RT Aerostats Systems
Keilin and Shnitman Structure Engineering
Gilat Satellite Networks
Edwin (Benni) Tisch
Dual Corporate Risks
D&O of Shikun & Binui
Ayalon Insurance Company
Howden UK Group
AmTrust at Lloyd’s
Pinot Cafe and its subsidiaries
Yahad Nadlan (RealEstate)
A. Weiss Construction and Supervision
Strauss Lazer & Co. Certified Public Accountants
Ferbeck Industrial Chimneys
S.F.I Parking Solutions
Ari Uriely and his corporations
Mifromal Jerusalem Industries
Abd El Jabar Massarwa
The Rozen Family and its companies
Kiryat-Gat Municipality’s Associations
Dani Kalimi and his corporations
Zahal Disabled Veterans Organization
- Represents Mifromal Jerusalem Industries in a claim against Migdal Insurance Company for damages caused to Mifromal due to a storm that hit its manufacturing facility, causing massive physical damage, as well as the economic collapse of Mifromal.
- Representing Mr. Omri Kohl in a lawsuit filed by a liquidator against Mr. Kohl and other shareholders of a former public company that allegedly drained the company of its assets.
- Representing Keilin and Shnitman Structure Engineering in several disputes arising from the continuation of the projects and the refusal of the developers to pay for additional work that they demanded during the project.
Consistently rated for its standard of client service, Gross, Kleinhendler, Hodak, Halevy, Greenberg, Shenhav & Co. has marked strengths in shareholder disputes, derivative actions and the enforcement of foreign judgments. The practice group is headed by managing partner David Fohrer, 'a thoughtful and powerful lawyer, with useful contacts and a fantastic reputation in litigation'. Other names to note include Michael Ginsburg, who is recognised by clients for his ability to work effectively alongside in-house and international counsel, and Amir Avni, a younger partner who has experience of white-collar litigation and tax claims.
‘Our company works with Mr. Michael Ginsburg as our legal adviser on a daily basis. We receive quick and professional care inside Israel as well as abroad.‘
‘A well-known law firm in Israel which handles our most complex, high-profile litigation matters, providing the guidance we require to compete in today’s business environment.‘
‘David Fohrer who heads the litigation department of GKH is a thoughtful and powerful lawyer with useful contacts and a fantastic reputation in litigation. He is excellent, he understands the bigger picture of our matters and excels at all he does and allow us to maximize the situation from any position we are into. We are fortunate to work with him.‘
‘GKH has a reputation for commercial dispute/bankruptcy type issues in Israel. They worked with us on developing a creative strategy for pursuing a significant debt against an emigre to Israel on behalf of a non-Israeli client. GKH’s willingness to consider and adopt aggressive but sound positions was impressive.‘
‘Mr. Avni is lawyer who is a true professional, extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of the law but most importantly someone that understands your needs and provides you with solutions of the best way to get there.‘
‘Micky Ginsburg led the team we worked with and was open to ideas from a non-Israeli counsel and had a good feel for arguments that would resonate with Israeli judiciary. I will call Micky again for disputes issues involving Israeli law.‘
‘Very good team. Love working with them. Feel protected and well handled.‘
‘The most important thing is the personal relationship. I feel that as a client I am receiving a lot of attention and the services are always tailored for my needs. Also the professional level is very high.‘
VTB Bank / BM – Bank (Bank of Moscow)
Aura Israel – Entrepreneurship and Investments
Israel Petrochemical Enterprises
Lapidoth – Heletz
Eliyahu and Yuval Orgad
Energix Renewable Energies
Giza Venture Capital
Egged Israel Transport Cooperative Society
Aviv Shabtay Yosef
- Defended Exalink against a NIS100m claim based on allegations of fraud regarding the claimant’s investment in Exalink and the sale of its shares in Exalink in 2000 to CTI.
- Acting for VTB Bank in several legal proceedings for the enforcement of foreign judgments issued in Russia, which amount to hundreds of millions of dollars against debtors in Israel.
- Acting for Aura Investments in a series of claims and counter-claims against U-Trend New York Investment, related to a joint investment in real estate property in New York. This matter includes cases held before the New York Supreme Court, the New York Court of Appeals and Israeli courts.
Hamburger Evron & Co. Law Offices & Notaries is a strong performer in the Israeli real estate and banking sectors, acting for real estate entrepreneurs, construction companies and domestic banks in a huge variety of property and financing disputes. In addition, the team represents pharmaceutical and biotech companies in commercial and IP disputes with large drug manufacturers such as Teva. The practice group is jointly headed by Gabriel Moyal-Maor, an experienced litigator and arbitrator with a strong track record in insolvency-related litigation, and Menachem Abramovich, who specialises in real estate and corporate law, class actions and financing disputes.
Menachem Abramovich; Gabriel Moyal-Maor
Israel Discount Bank
RAD Neurim Pharmaceuticals EEC
Rubinstein Group & Co. Construction Company
Neot Harish Association
Kardan Real Estate
Kardan Midwest USA
Electra Real Estate & Oranim Group
Meshulam Levinstein Group
- Acting for Neurim Pharmaceuticals in its request for an injunction prohibiting Teva from marketing a competing generic drug, as well as avoiding any use of the pharmaceutical company’s secret information.
- Representing Proneuron Biotechnologies, a US-based biopharmaceutical company, in its claim against Teva that the company breached the sub-licensing agreement by conducting clinical studies which were not supported by pre-clinical data.
- Represents Bank Discount regarding the collapse of the Heftziba construction company; the bank provided the funding for the company and the finance for its projects prior to its collapse.
Kosteliz & Co., Law Office
Kosteliz & Co., Law Office is routinely involved in complex civil and commercial claims, spanning white-collar and tax claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, real estate and planning disputes, and bankruptcy-related litigation. Firm founder Yaron Kosteliz enjoys a market-leading reputation in the white-collar space, but is also recognised for his ability to handle high-value commercial litigation for large corporates including Delek Drilling and EY Israel. Another name to note is Yoav Segel, who has extensive experience of disputes involving real estate and commercial transactions, and also works alongside the firm's labour team to handle labour negotiations and other potentially contentious issues.
Ernst & Young (Israel)
CPA Shimon Grinberg
Mr. Michael Cherney
Electra Real Estate
‘Armon Hanatziv’ purchasing group (Jerusalem)
Mr. Pavel Buber & Mr. Iram Graiver
Givat Shmuel Municipality
Mr. Amos Luzon
- Representing Delek Drilling in a $90m claim alleging discrimination against unit participation holders in the partnership stemming from the cause of action for a separate derivative action filed two months prior. Also representing Delek in said derivative action, and in a related motion for class certification.
- Representing EY Israel in an action by the liquidator of Carmel Agrexco claiming EY contributed to the insolvency of Carmel Agrexco, valued at $111m.
- Representing Mr. Cherney in a lawsuit filed against him and Mr. Ze’ev Rom in March 2015, by Mr. David Appel, an Israeli business man. The claim is for allegedly owed brokers’ fees for brokering the sale of Mr. Cherney’s stake in the Bulgarian mobile company, Mobiltel, some 18 years ago.
Krispin Rubinstein Blecher Law Offices is known for its firm-wide strength in regulatory support and its activity in regulated industry sectors. Headed by Roy Blecher, the litigation group is most active in class actions and derivative claims, white-collar crime and administrative law. The team also handles professional liability claims in the legal sector.
Litigation boutique Ronen Adini & Co is headed by name partner Ronen Adini, a 'straight-forward' litigator with 'a sharp legal mind'. The firm is best known for its work in high-profile derivative claims and class actions, where it is among the market leaders in claimant-side representation; however, Adini also has experience of shareholder disputes, financial and professional services claims, and cross-border commercial contract disputes.
‘I found that Ronen has a sharp legal mind, as well as the ability to make the litigation process effective, and to the client’s best interest. He is straight forward and says the facts and legal situation as it is, where other firms I worked with weren’t so much. I think that is a very important character for a litigator, and along with Ronen’s ability to emphasise the best legal case given the facts he’s handed, it makes him one of the best I worked with.‘
Mr. Yitzhak Ben Aroya
Mr. Efraim Sneh, Silver Bullet
Ms. Ester Dominisini, the National Lottery Company
Mr. Gil Amid – Shareholder of Bezeq
Mr. Ronen Shayary
WiseBuy; Eran Fishman and Doron Glazer
Mr. Rami Ostrovsky – Shareholder of Discount Investment Corporation
Mr. Ron Nagar
Mr. Yuval Zilbershtain
Mr. Oren Plotkin
Mr. Elad Arad
Experto IFS Solutions
Goldman Hirsch Investment
- Represented a shareholder for Discount Investment Corporation (DIC), as plaintiff, in the negotiation of a settlement of a derivative claim concerning certain D&Os’ actions in connection with DIC’s acquisition of Maariv.
- Representing Mr. Itsik Ben Aroya in a claim filed against him and the company he owns by X-One Data Management alleging discrimination of a minority shareholder.
- Representing businessman Mr. Efraim Sneh and a company he owns (Silver Bullet), in a claim filed against them for unpaid brokerage fees.
Sluki, Kosover & Co.
Sluki, Kosover & Co. fields 'a very experienced, hands-on team', with specialist expertise in complex financial disputes, including securities and investment disputes, tax claims and banking disputes. The team also has experience of partnership and shareholder disputes in the real estate industry. Key contacts at the firm are Roee Sluki and Ido Kosover, both of whom have extensive experience in corporate and financing litigation, and have carved out a niche in representing Forex companies in disputes with banking institutions.
Roee Sluki; Ido Kosover
‘A small, very experienced hands on team whom you benefit from directly with out being passed on to junior staff. Dedicated 24/7 and very accessible. Due to their extensive litigation and capital markets experience they are very well connected and held in high esteem in the judicial system.‘
‘Extremely involved, dedicated and detail oriented. They never give up and obtain an open line of communications.‘
Shmuel Mendezitsky and others
Mr. Eli Shiri
The Svirsky Brothers partnership
Mr. Dubi Weiss
Mr. Kobi Faigenbaum
- Acted for AlKaun Media in a motion for an injunction under section 2A of the Banking Law to enable the company to continue its existence and prevent the imposition of restrictions on its bank account by Bank Hapoalim.
- Represented Mr. Shmuel Mendezitsky in a claim against Alpha Platinum investment house concerning certain foreign stock investments. The legal process revealed Alpha Platinum to be a Ponzi scheme, and the case raised questions about the responsibilities of gatekeepers for investments in the capital markets.
- Defending Eli Shiri, the former vice president of the Israeli Diamond Exchange, in three separate claims brought by the Israel Tax Authority based on suspicions of inaccurate tax reporting.
Weksler, Bregman & Co., Advocates is an active player is Israel's banking sector, where it represents several major domestic banks in disputes ranging from liability and embezzlement claims to multibillion-shekel class actions. In addition, the team has experience of disputes involving large-scale real estate projects, and also has particular expertise in bankruptcy and insolvency-related litigation, where Doron Dan and Yael Moshkovich are key contacts. Also of note in 2019, the firm won a national tender for the representation of the State of Israel in all of its outsourced legal matters.
Doron Dan; Yael Moshkovich
The State of Israel
AFI Group including its subsidiaries and Mr. Lev Leviev
Africa Israel Hotels – Crowne Plaza Israel
Israel Trade Bank
C.A.R.E Medical Services
Mivtach-Simon/MVS Insurance Agents
Hadera Ocean Village
- Representing Africa Israel Hotels in a large-scale claim, valued at €7m, regarding the rights in several hotels in Romania.
- Representation of U-bank in a lawsuit filed by a client regarding complex legal debts created in the 1990s and alleged damages caused subsequently. The lawsuit is valued at NIS65m.
- Representing Israel Trade Bank in dispute resolution issues due to the collapse and embezzlement, including litigation, liquidation and accreditation as well as representation of Trade Bank as special administrator, in the framework of judicial proceedings conducted against former executives of the Bank, having embezzled NIS250m from the bank.
Zilberboim Orbach Harpaz is instructed by a range of real estate entrepreneurs, corporate shareholders, and companies in the retail, tech and non-profit sectors. Jointly headed by David Zilberboim and Ronen Harpaz, the firm has been particularly active in real estate-related litigation and also has a strong background in class actions and derivative claims. The firm has also been growing quickly since its founding two years ago; in 2019, it recruited four new lawyers, including associate Yochai Shapira, who has previously practised at Raved, Magriso, Benkel & Co.
David Zilberboim; Ronen Harpaz
‘Top professional team, always available, great legal and commercial advice.‘
‘The professionalism of the team, their thoroughness, responsiveness, rapid pace of work, availability and experience are well sensed. We feel confident that we receive the best and most comprehensive legal service.‘
‘The litigation department, conducted by David Zilberboim, is an outstanding legal unit. David Zilberboim a sharp and experienced lawyer. David holds extensive knowledge and experience accompanying clients in Israel.‘
‘Rotem Oren is creative and a devoted team player. She provides a professional response far beyond the usual day-to-day work an advocate is responsible for.‘
‘We have been working with David Zilberboim and Ronen Harpaz. David is this firm’s leader. He is exceptionally sharp and has an ability to grasp and simplify very complex issues.‘
‘Working with ZOH now is actually an opportunity to work with leading litigators as they establish their new firm. They are highly capable. Have been involved in major cases, and often give a different and new perspective. Their performance in court is remarkable.‘
‘Their creativity goes beyond the traditional legal work and their tailor-made solutions for any conflict is above and beyond our satisfaction.‘
‘The legal team at ZOH is working with a hands-on approach, with no stone remaining unturned. They are assisting us with ongoing matters, being top of the line advisors for us, as well as in the various dispute resolution processes, and from our perspective have a unique way of working. We feel we are in more than capable hands.‘
‘Mr. Zilberboim and Mr. Harpaz lead a team that provides wise and profound insights to complex legal issues.‘
‘We are working with one of the founding partners of the firm, David Zilberboim. In a nutshell, David brings years of experience in the business and law world. There is nothing he has not seen or done, and he advises us not only in ongoing legal matters but he is also a strategic adviser in business matters and decision making.‘
‘As our activity grows we have found that we are increasingly consulting with the staff of the firm. We feel we have real partners in decision making.‘
‘What everyone has in common is professionalism, thoroughness, and high availability. David Zilberboim is a lawyer with keen grasp, exceptional analytical ability, and years of legal and business experience. Ronen Harpaz, another founding partner, is an extremely creative and professional advocate and a person we feel comfortable approaching to in all matters: urgent, ongoing and crucial issues. We always get the proper response.‘
Founders and owners of Shapir Engineering and Industrial
Arena Star Group
Mr. Lior Amit
Hodaya Group and Naftali Shimshon
A.M Professional Archive
No-Brand Building Materials
- Representing Zoko Enterprises in a claim against Alstom, an international railway company that won a tender worth hundreds of millions of euros for the maintenance and care of the railroad cars in Jerusalem.
- Acting for a director in a control struggle over the rights and transactions between the production company Endemol Shine Israel and the international parent company Endemol Shine. The board is claimed to have an alleged conflict of interest.
- Represented Electra Group and its subsidiaries in disputes over a luxury tower built by the company in Tel Aviv. The company claimed over $10.8m.