Firms in the Spotlight Intellectual property
Krishna & Saurastri Associates LLP
The firm: Krishna & Saurastri Associates LLP is a full-service intellectual property and technology law firm focused on rendering business-friendly legal advice. The firm was formed in 1992 and merged with a law practice set up in 1956. Ever since, the firm has been navigating complex IP and techno-legal issues for its diverse client base. To …View Profile...
Gopakumar Nair Associates
The firm: Gopakumar Nair Associates (GNAs®) is a premier intellectual property consultancy and legal advisory firm providing high-quality legal and technical solutions for companies in the biotechnology, biomedical, chemical, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and other knowledge-based industries.View Profile...
Intellectual property in India
Anand and Anand
Anand and Anand is a premier boutique with a solid reputation in all facets of IP law. Headed by Pravin Anand, the team handles copyright, trade mark and patent protection, licensing, enforcement and commercialisation ventures for big-ticket domestic and global clients. On the litigation front, the firm regularly handles infringement, passing off and counterfeiting disputes, domain name enforcement, and trade mark dilution and tarnishment.
Kochhar & Co. handles the entire trade mark and patent portfolios for an extensive list of multinational corporations across all industries, as well having a number of India’s largest public sector institutions on its client list. The full range of prosecution and enforcement services are catered for, with practice head Tarvinder Singh regularly acting on infringement and passing-off litigation, patent drafting and searching operations, initiating third-party abuse proceedings and domain name applications. The firm also provides cross-border IP strategy for its clients.
One Plus Smartphones
Nissan Motor Corporation
ONGC Corporation of India
The Khadi and Village Industries Commission
United State Polo Association
World Book Encyclopaedia
Intelenet Global Services
- Lead counsel to Blackberry for its entire trademark portfolio in India, advising on 3rd party misuse, infringement issues and registering new brands.
- Advised Lutron Electronics on trademark enforcement issues concerning 3rd party misuse of the “Lutron” mark, including conducting investigations and initiating the appropriate enforcement proceedings.
- Formulating the entire patent strategy in the Asian region for National Presto.
- Representing the Khadi and Village Industries Commission on various legal proceedings concerning infringement of the “Khadi” mark.
- Preferred counsel to Emirates Airlines concerning all IP matters.
R. K. Dewan & Co. offers one of India’s most comprehensive IP teams with expertise in every facet of IP law. Professionals such as firm principle Mohan Dewan, Nirbhay Bhardwaj and Disha Dewan are go-to names for patent and trade mark infringement litigation throughout every level of judicial fora. Of particular note is the firm’s commitment to handling entire IP portfolios (including copyright and plant varieties) for domestic clients and enforcing their assets across global jurisdictions. Niti Dewan and Dinesh Nair also assist significant international clients with their IP strategy upon entering the Indian market.
Mohan Dewan; Niti Dewan; Disha Dewan; Nirbhay Bhardwaj; Dinesh Nair
‘Approachable and responsive, have a “can-do” attitude’
‘Mohan and Niti Dewan passionate about their firm and work. Disha Dewan brings a fresh, up to date outlook’
Emerson Climate Technologies
Jatin Thakkar (Gelnova Laboratories)
Freudenberg Gala Household
The Hyundai Motor Company
Shree Krishna International
- Handling the full spectrum of patent work for Mahindra Group, including searches, drafting and prosecution. The current portfolio consists of over 300 patent applications globally.
- Handling the patent and trade mark portfolio and strategy for Reliance Industries. Instructions include drafting, searching, prosecution and post-grant maintenance.
- filed a patent infringement suit for Bilcare and successfully mitigated a post-grant opposition.
- Instructed by Jatin Thakkar (owner of Gelnova Laboratories) for the patent prosecution of its ‘Nicotine-Containing Soft Gelatin Pastilles’ invention. The mandate spans 24 countries.
- Representing Freudenberg Gala Household in a suit for permanent injunction restraining infringement of the client’s registered trade marks.
Premier IP boutique Remfry & Sagar covers every facet of IP legal requirements for a client roster of international corporations, including some of the largest global players in luxury goods, FMCG, aviation, pharmaceuticals, food and beverages and automobiles. Dedicated patent, trade mark and litigation teams handle the full range of matters such as portfolio management, filing and prosecution, registration and renewal, patent drafting, IP acquisitions, enforcement proceedings and oppositions. Managing partner Ashwin Julka leads the 100-strong team of lawyers which also provides IP expertise and services throughout the subcontinent.
‘The team has the right balance of experience and expertise.‘
‘A large and efficient team.‘
‘Provides consistent and proactive communication.‘
‘Swarup Kumar and Payal Kalra’s level of knowledge pertinent to the subject matter is always top notch.‘
‘The perfect firm for anyone seeking to protect their intellectual property.‘
‘Responsive, friendly and reactive.‘
Toyota Industries Corporation
- Represented Carlsberg in design litigation against Som Distilleries and Breweries, alleging infringement of its registered design, infringement of its registered trade mark and passing off its goods and services.
- Representing Armstrong World Industries Licensing in trade mark litigation filed against ReThink India Foundation.
- Representing Procter & Gamble in trade mark and copyright litigation against Kani Soap Works.
- Defending Coverfox Insurance Broking in a trade mark litigation suit filed by Policybazaar Insurance Web Aggregator.
- Defending Acko General Insurance in trade mark litigation filed by Policybazaar Insurance Web Aggregator.
Chadha & Chadha IP
Chadha & Chadha IP’s team excels in handling patent portfolios for global names and big-ticket domestic companies. The full range of services are offered – patent and trade mark drafting, prosecution, enforcement and litigation. Domain name protection and disputes are also fields for expertise for professionals such as Chetan Chadha and Sonal Madan. Clients are sourced from a broad range of sectors, with cited expertise in the pharmaceutical, chemistry, automotive, electronics, chemistry, telecoms and entertainment fields.
Chetan Chadha; Tarun Gandhi; Gopal Trivedi; Shivarpita Naliwal; Sonal Madan
JFE Steel Corporation
Massachusetts Institute Of Technology
Allergan Pharmaceuticals International
Vivo Mobile Communications Co.
Shareit (Hk) Technology
Abertis Autopistas España
Areva Wind (Now Orano)
Industria De Diseño Textil
Futbol Club Barcelona
Tetra Laval Group / Tetra Pak
Amazon Technologies, Inc
Futbol Club Barcelona
- Handling patent prosecution mandates for JFE Steel Corporation.
- Handling the patent prosecution for National Jewish Health’s stem cell technology.
- Handling the patent prosecution for International Water & Energy Saver’s irrigation system invention.
- Representing German non-profit Uni-assist in a domain name dispute.
- Acting for Ruptech Educational India in a trade mark infringement and pass off suit before the High Court.
Trade mark and copyright litigation is a particular area of focus for IP boutique Inttl Advocare. The firm’s recent shift from the sole proprietorship of Hemant Singh to a partnership model saw the promotion of Preetika Singh and Mamta Rani Jha to partner; all named professionals regularly assist their global clients with infringement, passing off and dilution applications through the tribunals and upper courts, including cases pertaining to domain names. The firm also handles non-contentious issues such as IP licensing, transactional support and international prosecution.
Hemant Singh; Preetika Singh; Mamta Jha
Bennett Coleman & Company
National Fire Protection Association
The Absolut Company
Zee Entertainment Enterprises
Tupperware Brands Corporation
- Acted for Bennett Coleman and Company as plaintiff in a trade mark infringement ans passing off case before the High Court.
- Represented Zee Entertainment Enterprises High Court proceedings concerning trade mark infringement, dilution, tarnishment and passing off.
- Acted for Novartis in numerous patent infringement cases concerning the client’s molecules and cancer drugs.
- Acted for Absolut Company in trade mark infringement and passing off litigation concerning the logo of Malibu rum.
- Acted for National Fire Protection Association on a trade mark and copyright infringement and passing off case against a number of book printers, publishers and suppliers.
The IP team at Khaitan & Co LLP has been particularly active in the patent infringement space, with Adheesh Nargolkar representing multinational clients as both plaintiff and defendant in the upper courts and tribunals. Professionals such as Shailendra Bhandare, Nishad Nadkarni and Smriti Yadav handle the full range of IP matters such as filing and prosecuting patents and trade marks, managing entire portfolios, trade mark litigation and transferring IP rights on the back of corporate transactions. The team also provides assistance with copyright applications and has experience in the niche fields of biodiversity and plant varieties.
Mercedes Benz Research & Development India
Godrej Group Companies
Tata Group Companies
Mahindra & Mahindra
Indian Institute of Technology
House of Anita Dongre
Kimplas Piping System
NRB Industrial Bearings
- Handling the full range of IP portfolio work for Mercedes-Benz Research and Development, including drafting patent specifications, advising on filing strategies and filing and prosecuting patent applications domestically and abroad.
- Handling trade mark litigation for Amazon through the High Court.
- Represented Hindustan Unilever in patent litigation.
- Handling the trade mark portfolio for Tata Group, including contentious matters such as filing of oppositions and rectification actions against third party violations.
- Provided IP advice in relation to Nichirei Corporation’s $25m investment in Delightful Gourmet.
Essenese Obhan leads on the full range of IP matters at Obhan & Associates with significant recent instructions involving international infringement arbitration, patent and trade mark dilution litigation and other enforcement actions before the tribunals and registries across India. Routine non-contentious matters include handling global portfolios, patent acquisition and transfer exercises and prosecution services. Key sectors include the complex fields of biotechnology, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, life sciences, nanotechnology and agribusiness.
Steer Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
Aditya Birla Science and Technology
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Agfa Group of Companies
- Representing STEER Engineering in arbitration proceedings seeking protection of its intellectual property rights, know-how and confidential information. The issue arose out of the transferral of the Horlicks division of GlaxoSmithKline to Unilever.
- Defending Nuziveedu Seeds in a patent infringement case filed by Monsanto involving genetically modified cotton.
- Representing Amar Biotech in a suit seeking declaration that patent rights in genes do not extend to seeds under domestic law.
- Representing G4S in a trade mark infringement suit seeking a permanent injunction restraining the defendants from using a conflicting trade mark.
- Managing Tata Chemicals’ global patent portfolio.
Saikrishna & Associates
The IP offering at Saikrishna & Associates operates across a broad range of sectors including telecoms, media and entertainment, pharmaceuticals, software and FMCG. The team handles litigation matters such as patent and trade mark oppositions, infringement and passing off proceedings before the tribunals and registry forums. The full range of prosecution services are looked after including filing, availability searches and renewals.
Singh & Singh Law Firm LLP handles trade mark and patent litigation involving infringement, passing off, unfair competition and counterfeiting claims. Sudeep Chatterjee has handled a number of high-profile copyright cases for clients in the publishing, broadcasting and entertainment industries and cites particular expertise in enforcing FRAND-encumbered patents.
W.S. Kane & Co
W.S. Kane & Co offers a dedicated IP litigation team which has considerable strength in defence work (though also having a strong list of plaintiff clients) for cases involving trade mark and copyright infringement and passing off. Name partners Ashutosh Kane and Himanshu Kane also cite expertise in defending clients in domain name disputes before the WIPO arbitration forum. The firm also offers the full suite of non-contentious services such as prosecution, search and filing for trade marks, copyrights, patents and geographical indicators.
‘Himanshu Kane is one of the finest IP strategists on the market.‘
Godrej Consumer Products
Cox & Kings
- Represented Ajanta before the High Court in a trade mark infringement case.
- Represented Speciality Restaurants as the plaintiff in a trade mark infringement and passing off case before the High Court.
- Defended Balaji Pharma Corporation (and others) in trade mark infringement and pass off litigation.
- Defending Godrej Properties in trade mark infringement and passing off litigation in the Pune District Court.
- Representing UltraTech Cement as plaintiff in trade mark infringement and passing off litigation in the High Court.
The litigation-heavy IP practice at AZB & Partners is regularly instructed to handle disputes throughout the tribunals and upper courts involving trade mark and copyright infringement, passing off, dilution and unfair competition. Practice co-heads Akhilesh Kumar Rai and Nandan Pendsey also handle day-to-day portfolio work for a diverse range of clients, providing assistance with patent and trade mark searching, filing, prosecution and due diligence on company acquisitions.
Akhilesh Kumar Rai; Nandan Pendsey
‘The firm’s approach builds trust and confidence that the team has a good depth of knowledge and that all needs are covered.‘
‘AZB Partners’ advice is commercial and pragmatic.‘
The North Face Apparel Corp
Sachin Tendulkar / SRT Sports Management
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Philip Morris Products
Wrangler Apparel Corp
The Christian Broadcasting Network
Ascent Health And Wellness Solutions
Cerberus Capital Management
- Represented Torrent Pharmaceutical in the High Court in trade mark, infringement and dilution proceedings against Wockhardt.
- Filed a civil suit in the High Court on behalf of Sketchers alleging trade dress infringement, passing-off, dilution and unfair competition against Pure Play Sports.
- Filed and prosecuted a number of trade mark applications and initiated opposition proceedings on behalf of Philip Morris Brands Sàrl.
- Instructed by Quess Corp to handle diligence on the IP assets of Monster Malaysia as a target acquisition.
- Represented Aegon before the High Court in passing-off allegations against Aviva.
Established in 2018 by founding partners Rahul Beruar and Nidhi Jain, Beruar & Beruar provides robust IP expertise to an extensive client list including a number of high-profile international publishing houses. Trade mark, copyright, domain name and patent portfolios are handled by the team as well as contentious matters – recent instructions involved a number of infringement suits before the upper courts. The firm assists clients with securing their IP assets throughout the US, Europe, South America and other global jurisdictions.
Rahul Beruar; Nidhi Jain
‘Provides strong in-house IP capabilities with professional and timely responses.‘
‘A superb IP department; very professional and prompt in resolving issues.‘
‘Rahul Beruar and Sarita Rout are knowledgeable, approachable and professional.‘
Pearson India Education Services
Mc Graw Hill Education Holding
McGraw Hill India Education
Cengage Learning India
Macmillan Publishers India
East West FZ
Kohler India Corporation
Desert Friendly Camps
Super Fight Promotions
Sujan Luxury Hospitality
SRM Foundation of India
Ms. Rachna Sayal
New Light Institute
New Light Institute
Prof. J. K. Sharma
Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat
- Organising and conducting anti-piracy drives — including initiating infringement suits — for a group of eight international publishers including Pearson Education.
- Representing Kohler & Co. before the High Court in a design infringement case against Jaquar Group.
- Assisting Novo Nordisk with trade mark protection and enforcement issues.
- Managing Gabriel India’s global trade mark portfolio.
- Representing author Dananjay K. Theckedath in a copyright infringement suit.
Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
Recent contentious matters for Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas’ IP offering involved defending and initiating trade mark infringement and passing off cases through the courts as well as handling opposition proceedings before the Intellectual Property Office and Appellate Board. Practice head Ranjan Negi assists with transactional issues such as portfolio transfers on M&A deals, due diligence exercises and content licensing.
Take-Two Interactive Software
- Representing Nintendo in opposition proceedings before the Trade Marks Registry.
- Representing Yogi Tea in opposition proceedings before the Trade Marks Registry.
- Handling prosecution matters for Bobst Mex and representing the client in proceedings before the Patent Office.
- Representing Boiler Room in trade mark infringement and passing off litigation before the High Court.
- Representing Tirumala Milk Products in a suit involving usage of identical corporate name and product packaging.
Enforcement strategy has been a recent strong point for IndusLaw’s IP practice, with instructions for recently promoted partner Aditi Verma Thakur involving trade mark infringement and passing off litigation, issuing take-down notices, dilution-prevention strategy, copyright infringement and domain name disputes. The team also assists with filing and prosecuting IP assets and provides general advice on brand protection requirements in India and the broader APAC region. Due diligence support on corporate transactions and IP commercialisation strategy are other core aspect of the practice, with practice head Suneeth Katarki being a go-to name for these services. Clients are predominantly domestic with a strong list of startups, SMEs and big-ticket corporations.
Other key lawyers:
Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
Supermarket Grocery Supplies (BigBasket.com)
The Camlin Group
Anand Diagnostic Laboratory
Rakyan Beverages Private Limited (RawPressery)
Killaney Estates Limited
Arvind Lifestyle Brands
Fashnear Technologies (Meesho.com)
Katalyst Software Services
- Advised Supermarket Grocery Supplies (BigBasket.com) in a trade mark infringement and passing off case forwarded by Girnar Food & Beverages in the Bombay High Court.
- Assisted e-commerce portal Livspace with IP enforcement strategy against conflicting website me4interiors.com
- Handled the enforcement and defence of Rakyan Beverages’ brand name rights against Abendrot Foods.
- Advised Anand Diagnostic Laboratory on online trade mark violations by Alliance Diagnostic Laboratory, including issuing a take-down notice to Facebook.
- Asdsisted Fashnear Technologies with Indian and foreign trade mark registrations of the brand Meesho.
Khurana & Khurana, Advocates and IP Attorneys
Tarun Khurana and the team at Khurana & Khurana, Advocates and IP Attorneys are particularly regarded for their expertise in technical fields such as electronics, telecoms, cloud computing and computer-implemented inventions. The team routinely handles patent applications, drafting, and litigation for clients cutting across the domestic and international market. Trade mark litigation is also a growing offering for the firm.
Tarun Khurana; Mohinder Vig; Paras Khuraa; Abhijeet Deshmukh; Vinod Khurana Media; Anuja Nair
‘Has a commitment to quality and timeliness.‘
‘The individuals are competent and thorough in their respective fields of expertise.‘
‘Tarun Khurana demonstrates thought leadership in emerging technologies such AI.‘
Larson and Tuobro
- Assisting Daimler with patent preparation, drafting and prosecution matters.
- Acting for DBC Corporation in patent litigation before the High Court.
- Assisting United Phosphorus with patent prosecution matters.
- Assisting Navistar with patent prosecution matters.
- Assisting Sparkol with patent prosecution matters.
Startups and multinational companies regularly instruct L&L Partners Law Offices’ IP team on contentious matters involving trade mark, patent and copyright infringement and passing off. Global clients include significant names in the media and entertainment, hospitality, telecoms and technology sectors, for which the team handles entire IP portfolios, assisting with prosecution, filing and enforcement. Practice heads Gayatri Roy and Nirupam Lodha regularly assist the wider firm’s clients on transactional matters including licensing, structuring, franchising and M&A due diligence.
Gayatri Roy; Nirupam Lodha
- Assisted Nutanix with the resolution of IP issues relating to its acquisition of global cloud solutions company Minjar.
- Represented Dataflow as plaintiff in trade mark infringement and passing off litigation before the High Court.
- Defended Bisleri International in trade mark infringement and passing off litigation.
- Handling ANI Technologies’ trade mark and copyright enforcement matters, including infringement and passing off litigation.
- Defended C.J. International — owners of Le Meridien hotel — in a copyright infringement case filed by Novex relating to songs which the claimant had rights to.
Majmudar & Partners
Majmudar & Partners regularly provides trade mark registration, prosecution and strategic advice to a client list comprising technology, pharmaceutical and medical companies, as well as recently being instructed on a patent prosecution exercise. On the contentious side, the team provides representation before the Trademark Registry on issues pertaining to trade mark infringement.
N. Raja Sujith; Neerav Merchant
Carl Freudenberg KG
IMS Health Inc. (now known as IQVIA)
Woolmark Services India
Eddie Bauer Licensing Services
- Assisted global software testing solutions company QA Systems with filing and prosecuting its trade mark applications in India.
- Assisted restaurant ordering company Tillster with its patent applications in India.
- Advising and representing Woolmark Services India before the Trademark Registry in a matter involving infringement of its “Woolmark” mark.
- Advised Wi-Fi Alliance with filing and prosecuting its trade mark applications in India.
- Assisting Freudenberg Group with its trade mark applications in India.
Founding partner Ranjan Narula and the team at Gurugam-based IP firm RNA Technology and IP Attorneys recently handled a number of litigation matters for high-profile multinational clients, with matters involving trade mark infringement and passing off, often with a cross-border element. The full range of IP filing and prosecution services are also provided by the firm.
Ranjan Narula; Rachna Bakhru; Rahul Sethi; Rajiv Suri
‘The firm provides a balanced approach to complicated issues, keeping an eye on the big picture and providing excellent solutions particularly in the context of both legal enforcement and prosecution.‘
‘Provides quick responses and strategic advice.‘
‘Really good lawyers providing excellent client service in a non stuffy way.‘
‘Ranjan Narula is creative and aware, providing excellent legal analysis and outstanding solutions.‘
‘Ranjan Narula and Rachna Bakhru are top-notch attorneys.‘
‘Rahul Sethi, who looks after investigations and enforcement, is a brilliant investigator whose legal background makes him particularly insightful.‘
‘Ranjan Narula is a really good lawyer who provides practical advice and is very easy to deal with.‘
‘Rachna Bakhru is an excellent lawyer.‘
- Represted footwear brand Puma in a trade mark infringement, passing off and damages claim against Puma Locks.
- Represented Mars in a passing off suit filed against Kaira’s use and registration of the mark TRIX, based on its rights in the mark TWIX.
- Representing Ritz Hotel in a civil suit against Canada Fly Consultancy for misuse of the client’s name and logo.
Dev Robinson heads the IP practice at Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co, with a strong-arm in patent enforcement and litigation for big-ticket Indian and multinational corporates. The firm regularly pursues trade mark infringement, passing off and declaration of IP ownership matters before the upper courts and tribunals. Advisory work encompasses IP portfolio acquisitions, filing, prosecution and patent application drafting.
Seiko Epson Corporation
Sukam Power Systems
- Filed an opposition notice on behalf of Seiko Epson, overturning a trade mark application bearing similarities to the client’s logo.
- Acting in trade mark litigation for plaintiff PECB Group, restraining the defendant from using a similar logo mark.
- Acting in trade mark litigation for plaintiff Mankind Pharma before the High Court.
Singhania & Partners LLP’s IP team focuses on trade mark, copyright and geographical indication prosecution and enforcement services for domestic and international clients. Alongside clients sourced from a range of sectors including consumer goods and healthcare, the team also assists startups, entrepreneurs and innovators in technology sectors such as biotechnology, engineering and IT with their IP requirements.
International Health Management Associates
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta Innovation Park
Motion Health Group
Tiger Coatings GmbH & Co
Institut national de l’origine et de la qualité
Eschenback Optik GmbH
eEye Digital Security
Arnold & Richter Cine Technik
Monosha Biotech Private Limited
Bright Brewer’s Yeast Inc
- Providing legal services to Australian company Rubi Shoes for the protection of the “RUBI” trademark in India.
- Assisting entrepreneurs and startups associated with the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta Innovation Park with the filing and prosecution activities of their trademarks.
- Assisted eEye Digital Security in protection rights to the mark “RETINA” by filing an opposition against the Apple’s trademark application filed in India.
- Provide assistance for the protection of the trademark “MOTION HEALTH GROUP” in India.
- Acting on behalf of Arnold & Richter Cine Technik in successful oppositions to a number of trademarks filed similar to the client’s mark “ARRE”.
United Overseas Trade Mark Company
Online IP enforcement is a particular field of expertise for the team at United Overseas Trade Mark Company; typical work in this field involves search and seizure operations, drafting cease and desists notices, and representing clients in litigation actions. Shravan Kumar Bansal and Rishi Bansal also handle anti-counterfeit operations, infringement actions and other trade mark enforcement operations through the district and upper courts. The client roster comprises a healthy mix of domestic and multinational clients with an emphasis on fashion, clothing, food and beverages and electronics.
Shravan Kumar Bansal; Rishi Bansal
‘The team is proactive without being aggressive and reaches excellent results in counterfeiting seizure.’
Polo Ralph Lauren
Monster Energy Corporation
Gold Medal Electricals
Triguna Sen School of Technology (Assam University
Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable
Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail
- Represented Swatch Group in obtaining an injunction against a defendant from selling counterfeit products using the client’s trade marks in advertising material.
- Instructed by Sona Beverages in the High Court concerning the dilution and infringement of its SIMBA mark by a Bollywood producer.
- Represented Oakley in obtaining an injunction order against Snapdeal.com, citing infringement and passing-off of the OAKLEY mark.
- Represented sportswear manufacturer Under Armour in obtaining an injunction against a defendant from selling counterfeit products using the client’s trade marks in advertising material.
Domestic clients comprise the bulk of ALMT Legal’s IP client roster, who instruct the practice to handle their full IP portfolios, with an emphasis on trade marks. Regular mandates for Rakesh Prabhu involve prosecution, filing, enforcement, product classification and IP acquisition.
Rakesh Prabhu; Siddhi Ghatlia
Siddhartha Resorts And Foods
Maini Industrial Consultants
Sanghvi Beauty and Technologies
Shailesh Mehta – Tech Stalwarts
- Managing Stellapps Technologies’ IP portfolio including identifying relevant IP assets to be protected.
- Handling Delightful Gourmet’s IP portfolio and enforcing the client’s IP rights.
- Handling William Penn Private’s IP portfolio, including trade mark filing and prosecution and the classification of novel products.
The team at Fox Mandal handles IP portfolios for its long-standing clients with a particular focus on technology sectors such as life sciences, telecoms, software and mechanical engineering. Other key client industries include healthcare, FMCG, fashion and textiles. Typical instructions range from trade mark and patent search, filing, acquisition and prosecution to initiating and defending infringement and passing-off applications.
Santosh Vikram Singh; Rajesh Vellakkat
Haw Par Corporation
TTK Protective Devices
VARANA UK Limited
HMS Host International
Kieraya Furnishing Solutions
Global Consumer Products
Wickedride Adventure Services
Toyota Kirloskar Auto Parts
Robosoft Technologies Pvt Ltd.,
- Assisting Haw Par Corporation with ongoing enforcement matters.
- Handling IP registration and enforcement matters for VARANA UK.
- handling the IP advisory, registration and enforcement applications for Bliss Chocolates.
- Handling the IP registration, prosecution and enforcement applications for Rainbow Hospitals.
- Providing registration and advisory support to Kieraya Furnishing Solutions.
Gagrats assists a roster of domestic and international clients with all manner of IP prosecution services including trade mark, copyright and patent searching, registration, licensing and renewals. The firm act on contentious issues, with recent matters pertaining to software infringement, patent opposition filing and breach of copyright cases.
Rustam Gagrat; Haseena Tapia Shahpurwalla; Ipshita Sen; Arpana Dhariwal
- Defended an international travel and tourism management company in a software infringement case initiated by Tourplan Pacific.
- Representing an engineering company in patent opposition and breach of copyright proceedings.
- Defending a corporate client in an infringement suit filed by Microsoft before the High Court.
- Advising an airline client on trade mark renewal procedure.
- Advised an engineering conglomerate in relation to the licensing of various intellectual property rights.
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan assists domestic and global clients with IP issues including filing, prosecution, registration and litigation for patents, trade marks and copyright.
The IP professionals at Samvad Partners handle trade mark and copyright portfolios for a range of clients in manufacturing, healthcare, fintech, alcoholic beverages and clothing. Additionally, the team handles patent filing with recent applications in the AI field. Chennai-based practice head Rohan K George handles the range of contentious matters including copyright infringement defence and trade mark opposition filings through the various tribunals and upper courts.
Rohan K George
Brandis Manufacturing and Marketing
Dr. Agarwal’s Healthcare
Wealth India Financial Services
- Managing the trade mark portfolio for Brandis Manufacturing and Marketing.
- Representing Khodays India in trade mark opposition proceedings before the Indian Trademark Registry.
- Providing trade mark filing assistance to educational software company I-Human Patients.
- Assisting NicheAI with preparing and filing a patent application for a “deep learning” platform.
- Providing copyright and trademark advisory services to software company Knolscape Solutions.
Scriboard’s IP team has a strong hand in the field of domain name disputes; Rodney D Ryder and senior associate Ravi Goyal are frequently instructed by domestic and household-name global corporates to initiate actions under the INDRP and eUDRP to successfully enforce their online assets and evict cyber squatters. Regular non-contentious matters include assisting with patent applications and handling clients’ trade mark portfolios.
Rodney D Ryder; Ravi Goyal
‘Scriboard offers honest advice, proactive suggestions and well-thought out strategy pertinent to IP matters.‘
‘Rodney D Ryder and his team provides exceptional advice while managing domain name disputes.‘
‘Rodney D Ryder and his team are extremely approachable at all times and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.‘
‘Rodney D Ryder is an authority on the subject of digital IP rights.‘
Amazon Seller Services
Godrej Consumer Products
Tata Power Delhi Distribution
Rhiti Sports Management
- Filed a series of patent applications for Tata Power Delhi Distribution.
- Represented messaging service Hike before the WIPO in a domain name dispute.
- Successfully represented Havells India and QRG Enterprises in a high-value domain name dispute.
- Handling the entire trade mark portfolio for Rhiti Group.
- Handling the global IP portfolio for E-Meditek Insurance including patent applications in India and the US.
Singh & Associates Founder – Manoj K Singh Advocates and Solicitors' IP practice group manages patent and trade mark portfolios for multinational clients in sectors such as telecoms, pharmaceuticals, FMCG, clothing and media. The full range of services are offered, including prosecution, transfer agreements, due diligence, litigation and licensing.
Manoj K Singh; Daizy Chawla; Shrimant Singh
WAGNER webvocat® Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft
Thibault van Renne
Dennemeyer and Associates
ABG Intellectual Property Law
Foley & Lardner LLP
Dennemeyer and CO
Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council
-Sunland Law Firm
-Beijing East IP
-Jiaquan IP Law Firm
-Johnson Intellectual Property Agency
-King & Bond
-King Bridge Best Law Firm
-Shanghai Savvy IP Law Firm
CONTINENTAL REIFEN DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
Manroland Web Systems
GUANGZHOU NUTRIERA BIOTECHNOLOGY
DAVITA HEALTHCARE PARTNERS
Scihead Patent Agent
Orang Tua Group
Guangzhou Sunda International
- Assisted in drafting and filing a notice of opposition against three conflicting trade marks for WAGNER webvocat® Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft.
- Assisting Thibault van Renne with a copyright infringement case.
- Managing Dennemeyer & Associates’ patent portfolio.
- Handling the IP portfolio for Manroland Web Systems.
- Assisted the Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council with drafting complete specification and filing a patent application at the Patent Office.
Sujata Chaudhri IP Attorneys
Sujata Chaudhri of Sujata Chaudhri IP Attorneys has extensive experience in all facets of IP law, from trade mark, copyright and design prosecution to enforcement, opposition and infringement litigation. Recently the firm received instructions by international media, insurance and pharmaceuticals companies on a broad range of IP portfolio management and contentious matters.