Internationally exceedingly well-connected boutique offering BREYER RECHTSANWÄLTE can refer to an impressively international and multifarious matter portfolio, which encompasses construction advice to predominantly private developers and public authorities on large-scale civil and structural engineering projects alongside adjudication proceedings as well as international arbitration proceedings. The team is frequently instructed with federal construction projects such as embassies and also assists with an impressively high number of cooperative construction projects as well as cross-border projects under FIDIC guidelines. For instance, Wolfgang Breyer, who is adept in alternative processing methods, Michael Burdinski and Mario Verdugo Morales advise on contractual as well as project-related aspects of the German Bundestag's extension based on an integrated project management agreement. Burdinski is considered an expert in private construction law and frequently assists with renumeration proceedings related to large construction projects. Angelika Frohwein focuses on private construction and architectural law.
Construction (including construction litigation) in Germany
Köster GmbH / Baresel Tunnelbau GmbH
Leonhard Weiss Gmbh & Co. KG
Vector Informatik GmbH
Ed. Züblin AG
LBBW Immobilien Development
Max Bögl Bauunternehmung GmbH & Co. KG
WMF Group GmbH
Flughafen Stuttgart Gesellschaft mbH
Fischer Weilheim GmbH
ECE Projektmanagement G.m.b.H. & Co. KG
- Bayer AG: New production plant based on IPA multi-party agreement, drafting of contracts / project support.
- REWE: New construction of 2 logistics centers on the basis of an IPA multi-party agreement; Contract drafting / project support.
CMS' strongly international, eleven-partner construction practice acts with an explicit focus on plant engineering, dispute resolution and project development. While notable national and international corporations from the chemical, oil and gas as well as renewable energy industries frequently instruct practice head Martin Krause's team with contractual and construction law issues related to plant engineering projects, recently it was particularly the Hamburg and Berlin offices that saw an increased need for advice on offshore windparks. This also refers to assistance with disputes, while the renowned team's dispute resolution expertise also includes infrastructure and structural engineering disputes as well as arbitration, adjudication and mediation proceedings. The group also has experience with regards to integrated project management as well as multi-party agreements. In Frankfurt, counsel Katja Küpper is the key contact for private construction law and frequently acts at the interface to public procurement law, while Andreas Roquette is a known figure in the construction sector due to his in and out-of-court experience: notably, he has been appointed as mediator and arbitrator in an increasing number of national as well as international disputes.
Kapellmann und Partner
Kapellmann und Partner's renowned construction practice acts for a client base that is composed of contractors and real estate investors, the public authorities as well as institutional investors and one-off developers, which the team assists with an impressively broad competence spectrum: alongside its advice on the development, planning, construction and financing of civic and structural engineering projects, the practice also assists with contractual matters, procurement law and maintenance issues in the plant engineering space and is further well versed in advising contracting authorities and contractors on project management, real estate and architectural law matters in relation to real estate and infrastructure projects. In addition to its project-related advice, the team around practice heads Werner Langen and Claus von Rintelen also frequently acts in in and out-of-court disputes and has longstanding experience in handling major damages. Heiko Fuchs is especially well versed in construction projects in the healthcare sector, while Christian Bönker focuses on comprehensive infrastructure projects. Furthermore, the practice is very active in the energy and transport infrastructure industries and recently appointed six new associated partners.
Leinemann & Partner
Especially in the infrastructure sector Leinemann & Partner is considered an absolute heavyweight, which is reflected in the firm's presence in numerous high-profile large-scale projects particularly in the motorway and railway construction sphere as well as with regards to waterways. The eleven-partner team assists a client base composed of construction companies, construction consortiums, architects and public contracting authorities as well as industrial corporations comprehensively with both project-related matters pertaining to contractural, environmental and regulatory issues as well as with construction disputes, adjudication and meditation proceedings. The team's litigious expertise further includes proceedings related to the re-assessment of contract award procedures and damages claims of private-public partnership projects. Most recently, the practice also increasingly advised on public law issues such as construction permits as well as on construction matters related to power plants and offshore wind parks. Jochen Lüders, who focuses on construction advice on international large-scale projects in the structural engineering space, railway infrastructure projects as well as plant engineering and Jarl-Hendrik Kues, who specialises in private construction law in the structural engineering, engineering, railway, tunnel and road construction sphere, were appointed managing partners in June 2020, while construction and architectural lawyer Marc Steffen made partner. The renowned Ralf Leinemann heads the practice and Marc Hilgers is particularly well versed in project-related assistance with construction and plant engineering projects as well as with architectural and procurement matters.
A1 mobil GmbH & Co KG
Adolf Lupp GmbH + Co. KG (NL Berlin)
Anton Schick GmbH + Co. KG
ARGE A10/A24 Havellandautobahn
ARGE A94 Isentalautobahn
ARGE BAB A100 BA16 Los 6/7 (Arbeitsgemeinschaft aus Fa. Heitkamp, Fa. BeMo)
ARGE Salvador-Allende Brücke, Berlin
ARGE U5 Europaviertel
AviaFund Solution Services GmbH
Bietergemeinschaft Nordsee – Dredging International
Carlsberg Supply Company Deutschland GmbH
Harzer Schmalspurbahn GmbH
Johann Bunte Bauunternehmung GmbH & Co KG
Klosterkammer Hannover/LIEMAK Immobilien GmbH
Kommunale Unfallversicherung Bayern
Mehr-BB Entertainment GmbH
PORR GmbH & Co. KGaA
Top Spezialbau GmbH
UNIPER Kraftwerke GmbH
Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AG
- A1 mobil GmbH & Co KG: Accompaniment of the non-admission complaint to the BGH against the federal government due to disruption of the business basis and contract adjustment after the slump in truck traffic due to the global financial crisis at the end of 2008.
- Porr - New construction of the Rhine bridge on the A1 motorway near Leverkusen: Comprehensive advice on the largest new bridge in Germany and the largest road construction project in North Rhine-Westphalia at the same time.
- Volkswagen - new battery cell factory in Salzgitter: Advice on planning and construction contracts as well as advice during construction.
Redeker Sellner Dahs
Spread across four German offices, Redeker Sellner Dahs' construction practice is particularly often instructed with construction matters related to plant engineering projects and infrastructure projects in the road, railway and airport construction sphere, while the team is renowned for both its frequent cross-border activity in disputes as well as for its construction expertise in large-scale projects. Most recently, litigious matters increasingly stemmed from the health care sector, while on international level, the team saw an increase in instructions with regards to wind farms as well as international arbitration. Dieter Merkens, who often acts on behalf of the German government, heads the practice group which also includes Burkhard Messerschmidt, who is highly regarded for his private construction expertise, Thomas Thierau as well as Philipp Hummel, who increasingly focuses on plant engineering matters.
Arnecke Sibeth Dabelstein's broad technical horizon spans the entire life cycle of a property, while on construction level, it becomes especially apparent in plant engineering and industrial construction projects as well as in its advice to contracting authorities across several asset categories. The expertise spectrum includes project-related adjudication, construction disputes, advice on projects entailing multi-party agreements as well as construction projects that use the planning method BIM; Antje Boldt has extensive experience in the latter two areas. In Frankfurt, Thomas Krall recently increasingly advised on the renovation of existing properties and jointly heads the practice with Thomas Richter, who is well versed in cooperative construction models. Newly appointed partner Simon Kopp is adept in private construction law.
Other key lawyers:
Antal Bau GmbH
Accumulata Immobilien Development GmbH
Aurelis Real Estate GmbH
Barmherzige Brüder gemeinnützige Krankenhaus gGmbH
BayernGrund Grundstücksbeschaffungs- und -erschließungs GmbH
BohnZirlewagen GmbH & Co. KG Real Estate Process and Management Consulting
bpd Immobilienentwicklung GmbH
BTI Bogenhausener Tor Investment S.àr.l.
BohnZirlewagen Development Consulting GmbH
DFB-Stiftung Deutsches Fußballmuseum gGmbH
Drees & Sommer GmbH/Drees & Sommer AG
Falcon Signa 04 GmbH (SIGNA-Gruppe)
Flughafen München GmbH
F.X. Rauch GmbH & Co. KG
Helmut-G.-Walther-Klinikum Lichtenfels GmbH
Klinik Wartenberg Professor Dr. Selmair GmbH & Co. KG
Kommunalunternehmen Klinikum Altmühlfranken AdöR
MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
Meixner + Partner Projektentwicklung Projektsteuerung GmbH
- Barmherzige Brüder non-profit hospital gGmbH: Ongoing legal advice during construction work on the Munich, Straubing, Schwandorf and Regensburg construction projects.
- DFB Foundation German Football Museum gGmbH: Advice on building law for the construction of the German Football Museum in Dortmund.
- SBT Immobilien Group (SaarLB real estate investment, in particular GEKOBA Gesellschaft für Gewerbe- und Kommunalbauten mbH): Comprehensive legal advice from the SBT Immobilien Group throughout Germany.
GvW Graf von Westphalen
GvW Graf von Westphalen covers a particularly broad spectrum in private construction law, which is reflected in numerous instructions for project-related advice, claim management as well as construction disputes by property owners, institutional project developers, construction and engineering companies as well as public and other contracting authorities. Thomas Senff, who is particularly active in out-of-court disputes, leads the team which most recently advised on several national and cross-border plant engineering projects, including a deconstruction project, and also has experience in adjudication proceedings and international arbitration. Christian Esch is well versed in innovative matters such as BIM and lean management, while managing partner Robert Theissen frequently advises on large-scale construction projects and plant engineering.
Dt. Telekom AG/T-Systems International GmbH – RZ Magdeburg Retrofit
Stadt Mülheim a.d.R.
Union Investment Real Estate GmbH
- City of Mülheim adR: Advice on building law for major construction projects.
- Union Investment Real Estate GmbH: Comprehensive construction and project advice on the entire portfolio in Germany including the shopping center Wandsbek Quarree (Hamburg), shopping center Alexa (Berlin), Refurbishment Hotel Hilton (Munich), Refurbishment Rhein-Galerie (Ludwigshafen); Car park renovation La Spezia (Italy), Motel One and Hotel Melia (Düsseldorf), Dernsche Höfe ”in Wiesbaden, Riem Arcaden Munich and the Breisgau Center Freiburg.
GSK Stockmann's construction practice acts from within the firm's internal sector group real estate project development which alongside private construction law aptitude, also offers clients legal expertise in public construction and planning law, environmental issues, architectural and engineering matters as well as advice on financing and dispute resolution. The team is also occasionally instructed by the public authorities, but predominantly acts for project and property developers in inner-city project developments, particularly in relation to housing construction; the client base therefore includes municipal housing associations as well as several listed international companies. Additionally, the team's expertise also encompasses construction disputes, large-scale construction projects as well as infrastructure projects. Stefan Dorn is well versed in construction and architectural law and practice head Jan Kehrberg is experienced in construction advice pertaining to complex real estate developments. Planning lawyer Frank-Florian Seifert made equity partner in 2020.
Other key lawyers:
Actris Henninger Turm GmbH & Co KG
Diringer & Scheidel Bauunternehmung
Immobel Germany S.á.rl.
Instone Real Estate Development GmbH
KARL München GmbH & Co. KG
PATRIZIA Gruppe, PATRIZIA Deutschland GmbH
Siemens Real Estate
STADT UND LAND Gruppe
Tegel Projekt GmbH
Zech Group, Art-Invest, Art-Invest Real Estate Management GmbH & Co. KG, Niederlassung München
- Siemens Real Estate: Ongoing legal planning support for the Siemensstadt 2.0 project.
- Instone Real Estate Development GmbH: Advice on building law aspects of project developments in northern Germany.
- actrium: Comprehensive legal advice to the client during construction of the new Henninger Tower in Frankfurt am Main.
LUTZ | ABEL RECHTSANWALTS PARTG MBB
LUTZ | ABEL RECHTSANWALTS PARTG MBB's 15-partner construction practice is well versed both in private as well as public construction law and particularly utilises this expertise while assisting with diverse infrastructure projects as well as large-scale structural engineering projects. The team is increasingly often instructed by the public authorities, especially with regards to hospital construction and municipal communities, but also advises medium-sized developers as well as project developers. An increase in out-of-court disputes in the construction industry as well as large-scale court proceedings also contribute to the firm's continuously high case load. Wolfgang Abel is renowned for his expertise in infrastructure projects, particularly in relation to tunnel and motorway construction, while construction and architectural lawyer Ulrich Eix is particularly adept in matters pertaining to the digitalisation of planning and the construction industry. Katharina Bold-Jekic and Julian Stahl made partner.
Other key lawyers:
Alb Fils Kliniken GmbH
Allianz Handwerker Services GmbH
Arbeitsgemeinschaft TF Riederwaldtunnel
Arbeitsgemeinschaft Tunnel Hauptbahnhof 2. S-Bahn Stammstrecke (Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AG, Max Bögl Stiftung & Co. KG, Ed. Züblin AG, Bauer Spezialtiefbau AG)
Arbeitsgemeinschaft VE 10 Oberirdisch West 2. S-Bahn Stammstrecke (Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AG, Max Bögl Stiftung & Co. KG, Ed. Züblin AG, Bauer Spezialtiefbau AG)
ARGE A 3 Steigerwaldautobahn
ARGE Tunnel Cannstatt (bestehend aus Hochtief, Wayss&Freitag und BEMO Tunneling)
ARGE Tunnel RASTATT (HOCHTIEF Solutions AG, Ed. Züblin AG)
ARGE VON M/KNIPPERS HELBIG/TRANSSOLAR
BAM Deutschland AG
Bundesgartenschau Mannheim 2023 gGmbH
Dr. Gustav Schädla GmbH & Co. KG
Ed. Züblin AG
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
Hochtief Infrastucture GmbH
Hoffmann GmbH Thyrnau
Hohenloher Krankenhaus gGmbH
Holzbau Vorholz Hawran GmbH
Hubert Schmid Bauunternehmen GmbH
innovo Bau GmbH
JOHANN BUNTE Bauunternehmung GmbH & Co. KG
Köster GmbH (vormals Baresel GmbH)
Land Baden-Württemberg, vertreten durch Landesbetrieb Vermögen und Bau
Leonhard Weiss GmbH & Co. KG
Lindner Group (Lindner SE), Arnstorf
Max Bögl Stiftung & Co. KG
medius KLINIKEN gGmbH
Raffinerie Heide GmbH
STRABAG AG/ STRABAG GmbH
Süddeutsche Krankenversicherung a.G.
Urbas Maschinenfabrik GmbH
Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AG
- Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AG, Max Bögl Foundation & Co. KG, Ed. Züblin AG, Bauer Spezialtiefbau AG in a joint venture: Advice on building a second S-Bahn tunnel through the underground of Munich city center.
- WISAG Group: One of the two panel firms of the entire WISAG group for Germany-wide advice on building law and procedural representation of the WISAG group companies.
- Süddeutsche Krankenversicherung aG: Planning and construction-accompanying advice to Süddeutsche Krankenversicherung aG as the builder for the new company headquarters.
Noerr's broad construction expertise is predominantly sought after by national and international contracting authorities that consult the team particularly often with regards to new city quarter developments, extensive specialist property projects such as production sites, research centres, logistics sites and campus buildings as well as plant engineering projects. Volker Bock, who is well versed in plant engineering and industrial construction, frequently advises on construction aspects of industrial and commercial estates, Stefan Weise is experienced in assisting national and international companies with project developments and plant engineering and Peter Bachmann complements the practice with strong expertise in environmental and planning law. The competence spectrum further includes out-of-court dispute resolution, architectural matters and occasionally also infrastructure projects.
Other key lawyers:
Catella Project Management
Concept Real Holding
Deutsche Post AG
IntReal Internationale Real Estate
Kirchmeier Projekt GmbH
McDonald’s Deutschland LLC
Sachsenmilch Leppersdorf GmbH (Theo Müller group)
- Catella Project Management: Advice on the realization of the “Grand Central” quarter in Düsseldorf and the agreement of a related partnership with CG Gruppe AG.
- State capital Munich: Advice on the four-track expansion of the airport connection for S-Bahn line 8.
- Asset Manager: Advice on an urban development contract for the realization of approx. 750 residential units in Munich.
CBH Rechtsanwälte assists project developers, planning and architectural offices as well as city authorities, hospitals and industrial corporations with the entire spectrum of construction law matters and also acts in in and out-of-court disputes for contractors and contracting authorities alike. Construction law advice on infrastructure projects, office buildings as well as on the extension and construction of hospitals and research facilities are clear focuses for the group, while the practice occasionally also assists with plant engineering projects. Markus Vogelheim, Nils Mrazek and Arnd Holzapfel jointly head the team; Carolin Dahmen made partner.
Arndt plus GmbH & Co.KG
Evangelisches Klinikum Niederrhein GmbH
Generali Versicherung AG
IHK zu Köln
JOHANN BUNTE Bauunternehmung GmbH & Co. KG
Kölner Verkehrsbetriebe AG
Landesbetrieb Straßenbau NRW
Maria Hilf NRW GmbH
Oertel & Prümm GmbH & Co. KG
WOLFF & MÜLLER Hoch- und Industriebau GmbH & Co. KG
WvM Immobilien + Projektentwicklung GmbH
- Johann Bunte construction company: Comprehensive legal advice on numerous building construction and infrastructure measures.
- Wolff & Müller Hoch- und Industriebau GmbH & Co. KG: Comprehensive legal advice on numerous building construction projects in Cologne, Hanover and Berlin.
- University Medicine of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz: Comprehensive advice to the clinic during construction on the construction of a dental, oral and maxillofacial clinic as well as on new construction projects for the center for immune intervention and clinical-theoretical institutes.
FPS assists private investors, project developers as well as real estate funds throughout the entire life cycle of a construction project, while asset categories include offices, hotels, shopping and date centres alongside infrastructure projects as well as residential and industrial developments. The team around Stephan Jüngst, who particularly focuses on data centres and skyscrapers, is predominantly sought after for its contractual and project-related advice alongside in and out-of-court disputes where the team most recently acted for the public authorities on several occasions; this in addition to architectural law is Frank Beitz' focus.
Other key lawyers:
Friedrich Graf von Westphalen & Partner
Friedrich Graf von Westphalen & Partner is especially well equipped to advise on plant engineering and private construction law and is frequently consulted by plant engineering project developers - particularly in the sphere of power plant construction - to assist with in and out-of-court disputes and project developments. In this segment, Jörn Zons stands out, whose high-profile instructions frequently entail cross-border components. The team's contractual and project-related expertise is predominantly utilised by national and international investors and contracting authorities from the chemical, technological and mechanical engineering sectors seeking advice on the construction of infrastructure, logistics warehouses and data centres, although general contractors also instruct the practice occasionally. Volker Stehlin offers comprehensive advice on construction projects and is also well versed in architectural law, while Markus Beaumart focuses on project developments. The construction and architectural lawyer Hannes Reiher, previously at BREYER RECHTSANWÄLTE, has strengthened the Frankfurt team since May 2020.
Hecker, Werner, Himmelreich
With over 50 years of experience in private and public construction law as well as construction disputes, Hecker, Werner, Himmelreich attracts multifaceted instructions, ranging from advising the public authorities on municipal large-scale construction projects and plant engineering to a particularly high number of construction, architectural and engineering disputes. Therefore the group predominantly represents architects, engineers and and fire safety engineers as claimants, defendants as well as intervening parties in proceedings pertaining to deficiency claims, although the team also occasionally represents contracting authorities in damage claim and renumeration proceedings. The client base further includes general contractors and industrial corporations which the practice frequently assists with contractual construction issues. Helmut Weingarten heads the ten-partner group.
Bühnen der Stadt Köln
CDM Smith Consult
DEG – Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH
Deutsche Rentenversicherung Knappschaft Bahn-See
HDI Versicherung AG
Stadtwerke Bad Kissingen
Storage 24 GmbH
- Client: Claim for damages due to additional costs due to termination.
- Brandschutzgutachter: Representation in two lawsuits regarding a fire damage incident before the Rottweil Regional Court.
- Contracting authority: Construction-accompanying and legal advice on a € 400 million municipal large-scale construction project in the opera and drama sector.
Embedded in the infrastructure, energy, resources and projects practice, Hogan Lovells International LLP fields one of the leading teams in the plant engineering space: under the leadership of Carla Luh, the team advises on numerous international plant engineering projects in the energy, utilities, waste disposal, infrastructure and transport sectors, as well as project disputes in Germany and abroad. The geographic reach of its cross-border matters under German lead ranges from construction advice on new offshore wind parks in Asia to sewage and incineration plants in Kuwait to plant engineering projects and international mediation proceedings in Taiwan, Sweden, Greece and Poland. Christian Knütel focuses on infrastructure as well as on- and offshore projects, while Tobias Faber is particularly active in project-related advice on power plant construction projects.
Loschelder's multifaceted expertise manifests in the litigious representation of contracting authorities as well as construction companies, architects and planning offices on one hand, and in project-related advice on domestic as well as cross-border large-scale construction projects on the other: Robert Kessler represents architects and engineers in litigious proceedings and also advises on plant engineering matters; Walter Klein and Jürgen Lauer are well versed in representing parties in disputes regarding major accidents; and Mirko Ehrich as well as Oliver Kerpen focus on project-related assistance with large-scale construction projects such as residential quarters, shopping and logistics centres as well as commercial buildings. With regards to the latter, the group also frequently advises on renovation and revitalisation projects. Furthermore, the team is adept in architectural law.
Other key lawyers:
ARGE Nord-Süd Stadtbahn Köln
Flughafen Köln/Bonn GmbH
GEO CONSULT Bach und Rietz Beratende Ingenieure PartG mbB
IC – International Campus
KVT Kanzler Verfahrenstechnik
Hochtief Konzern (Hochtief AG, Hochtief Projektentwicklung GmbH, Hochtief Building GmbH, Hochtief Solutions AG)
Zurich Versicherung Zurich Kaution (Frankfurt)
AMB Anlagen- und Maschinenbau GmbH
ARGE Campus Derendorf
Bayer. Versicherungskammer, München
CAC |Chemieanlagenbau Chemnitz GmbH
Dahlem Ingenieurbüro, Essen
dip | Deutsche Industrie- und Parkhausbau GmbH, Bad Honnef
DIL Deutsche Immobilienleasing GmbH
Fehling + Jungmann GmbH
Fries Beteiligungs GmbH
Guter Hirte GmbH & Co. KG
GSG Grund- und Stadtentwicklung GmbH
apeiron GmbH und Cotidiano Gmbh
- ARGE North-South Stadtbahn Cologne: Legal advice during construction, litigation and evidence proceedings for the collapse of the archive as well as litigation and advice on other construction phases.
- Cologne / Bonn Airport GmbH: Construction-accompanying advice on various new construction and renovation projects including litigation and arbitration: Fire protection renovation of Terminal 1, renovation of parking garages, new construction of a freight hall and DHL administration (volume € 50 million).
- IC – International Campus: Project-accompanying advice on the development of apartments for students / young professionals in Europe through the preparation of GÜ / GU contracts as well as project management contracts with a focus on micro apartments.
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH's construction expertise is concentrated within the firm's real estate and infrastructure industry group, which assists both contractors as well as private contracting authorities and the public authorities with all stages of a project development. Achim Meier, who is adept in structural engineering, infrastructure and plant engineering projects leads a team that is increasingly gaining a foothold in assisting with power plant construction projects, while construction advice to the health care sector as well as intra-city project developments particularly in the asset categories residential and retail continue to be the practice's central pillars. Synergies arise especially often with the firm's procurement law experts which frequently leads to new instructions in the plant engineering sphere.
'' High level of specialist knowledge in building and planning law, coupled with personal support and availability. '
'In the area of real estate and construction law, the law firm is not only characterized by the required professional competence, but also by close coordination between the mandate holders, which ensures the uniformity of the strategy pursued and sufficient resources at all times, especially in proceedings over long periods of time. '
SKIBA Ingenieurs GmbH
Deutscher Bundeswehr Verband e.V.
Cloud No. 7 GmbH
Quartier Heidestraße GmbH
GVE Grundstücksverwaltung Stadt Essen GmbH
Rundfunk Berlin Brandenburg
- GVE Real Estate Management Essen GmbH: Advice on the new construction of the citizens' council house of the city of Essen, including the development of an allocation strategy.
- Quartier Heidestrasse GmbH: Advising the investor on the preparation and negotiation of planning and building contracts as well as legal advice accompanying the project on a new construction project in EuropaCity with approx. 4,300 m² office space and 130 2-5 room apartments as well as 17 retail and service units for a project volume of approx. € 800 million .
- Federal Agency for Real Estate Tasks / German Bundestag: Advice on procurement and contract law in the course of the construction of a new building for the German Bundestag at the Unter den Linden site in Berlin.
Orth Kluth Rechtsanwälte
With regards to advice to the construction industry, Orth Kluth Rechtsanwälte focuses on assisting commercial and manufacturing companies with construction aspects of project developments as well as with in and out-of-court disputes pertaining to architectural and engineering liability; especially the litigious matters contribute to the practice's continuously high case load. Here, the team around Gary Klaft possesses particularly high expertise in specialist civic engineering matters which is frequently put to use in claim enforcements related to large-scale construction projects. Philipp Galaske, who made partner in July 2020, focuses on private construction law, construction disputes, plant engineering as well as project development.
Other key lawyers:
6B47 Corporate Solutions GmbH
6B47 Real Estate Investors Germany GmbH
Angeler Architektur & Projektmanagement GmbH
ARGE Bochum MARK 51’7 Los 2.1.2
bcs care Projektentwicklung GmbH
BETONIA GmbH & Co. KG
Björnsen Beratende Ingenieure GmbH
Burchard Architekten GmbH
Deutsche Glasfaser Holding GmbH
Dr. Kurt Wolff GmbH & Co. KG
ERGO Versicherung AG
Fletcher Priest Architects
GEA Process Engineering A/S
GEA TDS GmbH
Golf Forum GmbH
Joyson Safety Systems Aschaffenburg GmbH
Keller Grundbau GmbH
Kelvion Machine Cooling Systems GmbH
Konsumgenossenschaft Weimar eG
MCM Electronic Projects GmbH
Meyer, Stefan als IV Schäfer-Bauten
Park Office GmbH & Fonds KG
Paul Wurth Deutschland GmbH
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dirk Bohne Ingenieure GmbH
QBE Europe SA/NV
RWE Power AG
Siemens Healthcare Gm
- German Glass Fiber Holding GmbH: Advising clients on contract drafting and construction supervision in connection with numerous major construction projects.
- SMS group GmbH: Advice on the project development of the new head office in Mönchengladbach, continuation of the project development after obtaining the building permit.
- Thyssen Krupp Elevator AG: Advising the elevator division on tenders for numerous prominent construction projects.
The expertise of construction and real estate boutique offering SMNG Rechtsanwälte ranges from advice to architects and engineers and the project-related assistance of private and public contracting authorities and contractors to project developments as well as construction disputes. The team around Michael Griem and Christian Niemöller is continuously sought after for large construction projects across Germany and also possesses experience in procurement law and due diligence matters. Stefan Dausner, who specialises in construction and architectural law, joined from Kunz Rechtsanwälte in September 2020.
STASSEN LLP Rechtsanwälte und Notare
In the construction sphere, the five-partner team at boutique offering STASSEN LLP Rechtsanwälte und Notare particularly stands out for its wide-ranging contractual and litigious experience in representing architectural and engineering offices, whereby the firm's service offering further includes advising the public authorities as well as medium-sized and international corporations on construction issues of infrastructure projects and large-scale construction projects. While the group also frequently represents contracting authorities in damage claims related to project developments, it is name partner Dieter Stassen in particular who predominantly acts for notable architects in in and out-of-court disputes. Florian Diestelmann focuses on plant engineering as well as on planning and construction agreements and Anne Schönbrunn regularly assists public as well as private contracting authorities and contractors with contractural and construction matters.
Grüntuch Ernst Planungs GmbH
Dr. Krekeler Generalplaner GmbH
Ortner & Ortner Baukunst Gesellschaft von Architekten mbH
ROBERTNEUN Architekten GmbH
- Berlin Palace Foundation in the Humboldt Forum: Legal advice to the client during the construction work on the reconstruction of the new Berlin City Palace.
- Nieto Sobejano Architects: Contractual advice and legal advice on the BV archive of Avantgarden Munich.
- Ortner & Ortner architecture: Contract advice master plan contract BV Siemensstadt 2.0.
Taylor Wessing is an established address for advising on industrial plant engineering, a space that the five-partner practice comprehensively covers with wide-ranging expertise in - often international - project agreements, construction and operation matters as well as with regards to project and claim management. Janina Pochhammer and André Guskow regularly assist contracting authorities with the construction of chemical and pharmaceutical processing and manufacturing plants as well as power plants, while advice on infrastructure projects in the renewable energies sphere is an additional facet of the team's service offering; here, instructions arise particularly often in relation to solar power plants as well as offshore wind. Michael Baumhauer heads the project, energy & infrastructure practice and mainly focuses on advising and representing contracting authorities in matters pertaining to industrial, particularly maritim, plant engineering.
'' Broad knowledge of construction contract law, which is demonstrated with a large number of practical examples and covers all eventualities, but nevertheless respecting the client's opinion. '
' Christine Weyand is an absolute expert in the field of construction law who, with her many years of experience in both litigation and advice on contract negotiations, provides valuable support for our activities in the construction sector. On large construction projects, she works closely with Dr. Janina Pochhammer, specialist in plant construction. The cooperation with the colleagues is always effective, constructive and professional. '
Clenergy Global Projects GmbH
Corden Pharma GmbH
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind
- MHI Vestas Offshore Wind: Advice on drafting and negotiating project contracts for numerous offshore wind farms such as the Deutsche Bucht offshore wind farm.
- Clenergy Global Projects GmbH: Advice in plant construction with regard to project contracts (EPC contracts) for the acquisition and implementation of two photovoltaic open space projects in eastern Germany with a total volume> 120 MW.
BRL BOEGE ROHDE LUEBBEHUESEN mainly acts for investors and project developers, while its matter portfolio ranges from new construction projects to the renovation of existing buildings and plant engineering projects; extensive instructions arise particularly often with regards to major site developments for mixed-use purposes. The Hamburg- and Berlin-based construction law practice has traditional expertise in contractual and project-related aspects as well as in architectural and engineering law, but also acts at the interface to procurement law as well as on litigious level. In the construction sphere, Michael-Alexander Rojnic has a particular focus on hotels and land developments.
Agrarfrost GmbH & Co KG
Assetando Real Estate GmbH
Aurelis Asset GmbH sowie div. Objektgesellschaften, Querbühne
BARK GmbH (vormals Commodus)
BECKEN Development GmbH
Bezirksamt Neukölln von Berlin
CloverMo GmbH & Co. KG
Dignus Immobilien GmbH
Galileo Garching, Neue Mitte am Hochschulcampus Garching
GIPAM German Investment Portfolio Asset Management GmbH
Grundstücksgesellschaft HEIMAT GmbH & Co. KG
HiWiDo GmbH (Bades Huk I)
Katharina Kasper ViaSalus GmbH
Maler- und Lackiererinnung Berlin
Mounting Systems GmbH
S.I.E. Soini Immobilienentwicklung GmbH
UNIBAIL RODAMCO SE und div. Objektgesellschaften
VILEG GmbH & K.O.R.M. GmbH
- Enercity AG: Advice on the new building project development of the future company headquarters on own land in Hanover.
- Dignus Immobilien GmbH: Advice on the purchase of the development area Philosophienviertel Forchheim near Nuremberg for approx. 330 apartments as well as various sports field replacement areas in Forchheim (sports field Jahn and ATSV including new construction), as well as advice on comprehensive project development including project-related development plan procedures as well as building and architectural contracts. Also advice on construction contracts for the construction of the ATSV new building, on project structuring and advice on the sale of construction sites.
- Katharina Kasper ViaSalus GmbH: Advice to the insolvent debtor in the context of self-administration; In the practice group of construction and real estate law, especially advice and representation towards those involved in construction in the renovation and construction of 5 hospitals and senior citizens' homes in North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhl.-Palatinate and Hesse.
Clifford Chance's construction practice is firmly anchored in the infrastructure and plant engineering project space, while the team predominantly assists project and property developers from the manufacturing, healthcare and automotive industries with contractual, project-related and litigious matters. Düsseldorf-based Michael Kremer has longstanding experience in advising on project agreements of national and international infrastructure and plant engineering projects.
GÖRG Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten mbB's construction expertise is particularly often utilised by construction companies, project developers and investors seeking advice on the development and construction of conventional and renewable power plants. In addition to its strong foothold in the plant engineering space, the team around practice head Jan Lindner-Figura also assists with contractual as well as project-related aspects of specialist property construction such as community, logistics and office buildings. Jan Schellenberger focuses on project developments in the real estate, energy and infrastructure sectors among other matters and Hans-Jürgen Rieckhofi is particularly experienced in advising the public authorities on large-scale construction projects as well as representing both contractors and contracting authorities in in and out-of-court disputes.
Gasnetz Hamburg GmbH
Gaskraftwerk Leipheim GmbH & Co. KG
Addvalue Capital GmbH
Städtische Werke Energie + Wärme GmbH
Stadtwerke Bonn Energie- und Wasserversorgung Bonn/Rhein-Sieg GmbH
Kreer Development GmbH
Stadtwerke Gronau GmbH
- Gasnetz Hamburg GmbH: Advice on contract drafting, contract negotiations and the subsequent construction of a new heating power plant in Hamburg / Dradenau.
- Trianel Group: Advice in connection with the development, construction, operation and acquisition of onshore wind farms and PV systems with municipal participation with a pure project development budget of € 13 million, with which a project pipeline of around 800 MW of wind farm and PV capacity is being realized and municipal utilities to enable further access to renewable energy projects.
- Gas power plant Leipheim GmbH & Co. KG: Advice on the project planning of a gas power plant in Leipheim including the conception and negotiation of the EPC contract and the O&M contract.
Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek's construction practice assists both private and public contracting authorities as well as private construction companies with contractual, project-related and litigious issues. Infrastructure projects, particularly large-scale port construction projects, as well as the renovation, conversion and construction of corporation headquarters and sites constitute central pillars of the practice just as much as the representation in construction disputes including deficiency claim proceedings do. Stephan Freund and Thomas Nickel jointly head the team.
Other key lawyers:
' The law firm is able to familiarize itself with difficult topics at very short notice, to structure them and to work out solutions, sometimes even on the day of the inquiry, if necessary. The legal information is highly qualified and up to now has all been legally reliable – or to put it another way: "We" have not yet lost any proceedings. Due to the current overload of the courts, the proceedings – in our opinion – take far too long. Amounts in the millions rot on bank accounts because the process takes ages. All of this is no problem thanks to the firm. The partners who advise us are able to consistently and purposefully accompany the processes with both complex and extremely extensive files, without losing track of things. Every trial date is optimally prepared so that the litigator is better informed than the court and can submit well-founded / reliable solutions. At the center of our building law advice is our partner Dr. Armin Freiherr von Grießenbeck . '
Heussen's construction expertise is mainly sought after by contracting authorities including the public authorities, while the practice's competence spectrum encompasses planning agreements, project developments in the asset categories office, residential, logistics and retail as well as forensic representation related to post-construction issues. The team is also increasingly gaining a foothold in comprehensively advising on new city quarter developments as well as assisting public institutions with construction projects in the healthcare and care sectors, where the group's expertise in procurement law is particularly often of use. Furthermore, the team around practice head Norbert Huber also frequently advises on plant engineering matters as well as on architectural law.
Ehret + Klein GmbH (RE-Entwickler)
Matrix Immobilien GmbH (RE Entwickler, Hamburg)
REAL I.S. AG (Bayern Landesbank real estate asset mgt./Fondsanbieter und 100%ige Tochter, München, Deutschland)
Industria Wohnen GmbH
Nymphenburg Immobillien AG/ August von Finck (Immobilieninvestor mit Sitz in München/Deutschland, Zürich/Schweiz)
Geiger Unternehmensgruppe (insg. 39 Gesellschaften)
Michael Weinig AG
Blue Estate GmbH (RE Unternehmen, Stuttgart, Germany)
Idea Med Group (Betreiber mehrerer Kliniken und Versorgungszentren)
KIRKBI (Family Office (LEGO), Denmark)
Centerscape Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
Gasteig München GmbH
- ehret+klein Real Estate Competence GmbH: Litigation on supplements in a large construction project as well as advice on various projects during construction, such as the “Papierbach” district in Landsberg am Lech.
- Gasteig Munich GmbH: Advice on specialist planner and architect contracts in connection with general renovation as well as advice on building law on emergency planning.
- Foundation, endowment: Project support for a new high-rise building in a city center location with ensemble of monument protection.
Kraus, Sienz & Partner
Specialised, Munich-based firm Kraus, Sienz & Partner is instructed by contractors as well as contracting authorities, especially the public authorities, to assist with all stages of project developments, while the practice also advises on proceedings pertaining to supplementary claims, the enforcement of deficiency claims as well as on disputes concerning developer agreements. Notably, the team is also highly adept in assisting with procurement law aspects, which complements the firm's private construction and real estate advice offering and is frequently of use in large-scale infrastructure projects. The team around Christian Sienz has further expertise in construction matters in the plant engineering space.
Lenz und Johlen
Traditionally, Lenz und Johlen assists numerous notable retail corporations in the food and furniture sectors with construction and real estate matters, but was further able to increase its advice to project developers and architects on structural engineering and residential tower projects as well as city quarter developments; this generates a particular notable amount of synergies with the boutique offering's planning law experts. Inga Schwertner is well versed in advising project sponsors and local communities on project developments near hazardous incident plants; Thomas Elsner increasingly assists companies from the health care industry with construction and real estate matters and jointly heads the practice with Philipp Libert.
Other key lawyers:
1. FC Köln GmbH & Co. KGaA
Becken Development GmbH
Bolder Arzneimittel GmbH & Co. KG
Caritas Stiftung Deutschland
Good Mills Deutschland/Kampffmeyer Mühlen GmbH
Kölner Sportstätten GmbH
Med 360 ° Dr. Lessmann
Moderne Stadt GmbH
- Gerchgroup AG: Accompaniment of the project developer in the entire urban development of the Deutz Quartier including the civil law project management.
- 1. FC Köln GmbH & Co. KGaA: Legal support for the new performance center with three artificial turf pitches in the Cologne green belt.
- Bolder Arzneimittel GmbH & Co KG: Advice on civil law in connection with the expansion of the plant in Cologne (expansion of production and warehouse) – in particular advice in connection with the procurement of real estate and the conclusion of a general contractor contract.
ROTTHEGE | WASSERMANN
Construction and architectural advice to project developers is a clear focus of ROTTHEGE | WASSERMANN's construction law practice, which also includes the legal enforcement of deficiency claims. Furthermore, Martin Ludgen's team assists engineering and architectural offices with large-scale construction projects in the healthcare, research and logistics sectors as well as with residential developments and also advises on construction aspects of plant engineering projects as well as construction companies on general contractor agreements.
Proximus Real Estate AG
Quartier Wilhelmshöhe GmbH
SCHÜTT Ingenieurbau GmbH & Co. KG
SSS Starkstrom und Signal-
- GERCHGROUP AG: Ongoing advice on building and architectural law on various project developments.
- NEAR Real Estate AG: Ongoing advice on building and architectural law to the project developer on the construction of several large administrative buildings in Cologne.
- Quartier Wilhelmshöhe GmbH: Comprehensive advice on building and architectural law on a residential construction project in a prime location in Duisburg, including representation in deficiency proceedings.
Zirngibl predominantly displays its construction law strength in project developments in the healthcare and hotel industries as well as increasingly in the logistics sector, while the group's expertise spectrum encompasses all contractual, project-related as well as litigious aspects. The client base includes contracting authorities, project developers as well as architects and engineers. The practice is headed by Andreas Dingler and also advises on sectoral planning and land law.
AGS Legal predominantly advises national project developers on all stages of construction projects, including plant engineering projects. Additionally, Thomas Günther is an experienced lawyer in the in as well as out-of-court representation of national and international clients, particularly in proceedings pertaining to construction, conversion and renovation projects.
Bornheim und Partner assists private and public developers as well as general contractors with construction projects both on advisory as well as litigious level and is also considered an experienced contact for architectural and engineering law. The predominantly Heidelberg-based construction law team has further capacities to advise on plant engineering projects. Additionally, Helmerich Bornheim assists with the negotiation of private-public partnerships.
Hoffmann Liebs assists a client base composed of public authorities, project developers, industrial and real estate companies as well as private developers with the whole array of relevant construction issues related to construction and infrastructure projects. Most recently, practice head Dirk Oldigs' team acted particularly often for national and international civic and structural engineering companies in deficiency claim as well as renumeration proceedings, while instructions by contracting authorities on project management agreements, the project-related assistance of housing associations related to modernisation and construction projects as well as the advice to public authorities on school and nursery buildings construction also contributed to the practice's high case load.
BeMo Tunneling GmbH
Bochum Perspektive 2022 GmbH
B+B Parkhaus GmbH & Co.KG
- ARGE Heitkamp IKB / BeMo Tunneling: Advice on setting up a production hall for sheet steel.
- BeMo Tunneling GmbH: Advice on two new bridges in the course of the A1.
- Heitkamp IKB: Representation of the consortium in the context of a dispute about the causes and responsibility for concrete defects in a new lock.