Dolde Mayen & Partner 'has been standing for broad expertise in public law and constitutional law for many decades' and continues to be one of the leading practices in commercial administrative law; the group advises parliamentary groups, federal states, associations as well as companies and also represents these clients before the Federal Administrative Court, the Federal Constitutional Court and the State Constitutional Court. Municipal and constitutional law represent one of the team's mainstays; here, the group also assists in forensic capacity. The practice further focuses on regulatory law in the telecommunications and energy sectors as well as on public capital markets law and recently also regularly advised on company closures or restrictions in connection with Covid-19 regulations; here Matthias Hangst and Markus Deutsch played a central role. Renowned expert Thomas Mayen in Bonn jointly leads the team with experienced lawyer Andrea Vetter in Stuttgart; both offices were recently strengthened with additions on junior level. Frank Hölscher left the firm in September 2021.
Commercial administrative law in Germany
Dolde Mayen & Partner
Other key lawyers:
‘For me, this law firm is the best law firm I have ever worked with in public law. In comparison with other law firms, the price-performance ratio is also right, because not a lot of lawyers are billed for one order, but usually only one lawyer who handles the matter from a single source, but is always very good professionally. ‘
‘Dolde Mayen & Partner has stood for broad expertise in public law and constitutional law for many decades. Through many years of activity in the form of consultations and litigation mandates for the state, there is an excellent understanding of public administration. Individual and very complex special areas of public law can also be developed in a very deep and short-term manner.’
‘Dr. Matthias Hangst has made a name for himself in our company as a highly competent and very reliable consultant and legal representative in very complex and specific areas of special administrative and constitutional law and as a legal representative in numerous court proceedings up to the Federal Administrative Court. His advice is thoughtful, relevant and he also brings innovative solutions to complex legal problems and court proceedings. Highly recommended as a lawyer!’
Deutsche Börse AG, Frankfurter Wertpapierbörse, Eurex
Landesamt für Besoldung und Versorgung BW
Opel Automobile GmbH
- Support for the parliamentary group of Free Democrats in the German Bundestag, including assertion of information claims under the IFG in connection with the arbitration proceedings on the car toll.
- Support for a member of the German Bundestag in an organ dispute against the federal government because of incorrect and incomplete answers to parliamentary questions on the arbitration proceedings on the car toll.
- Representation of Riani GmbH in an application according to § 47 Abs. 6 VwGO against the regulations of the Corona VO BW concerning the textile retail trade with the auxiliary application to allow at least Click&Meet.
POSSER SPIETH WOLFERS & PARTNERS
Boutique offering POSSER SPIETH WOLFERS & PARTNERS, which was founded in 2018 by a former Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP team, is one of the top addresses for commercial administrative advice. The team consists of 'highly professional lawyers who are absolute experts in their field' and assist with politically and socially sensitive issues such as the Berlin referendum on the public ownership of real estate companies. Particularly notable are the firm's strengths in banking supervisory law and in its advice to the automotive industry on German and international regulations. Covid-19 crisis management represents another central part of the practice and ranges from supporting companies in setting up their own covid-19 test centers to advising the public sector on rescue packages. Benedikt Wolfers is 'unique in terms of professional competence, results-oriented work, the ability to engage in dialogue and work results', while Burkard Wollenschläger has 'excellent technical expertise'.
Other key lawyers:
‘The combination of technical expertise and legal expertise is valued. The law firm has the ability not only to judge things dogmatically from a legal point of view, but also to incorporate these considerations into the entrepreneurial work in a solution-oriented manner with an economic perspective.’
‘Dr. Benedikt Wolfers: Excellent networking, especially with authorities, associations and politics; outstanding expertise in the regulatory field; solution-oriented and economic thinking.’
‘Dr. Burkard Wollenschläger: Excellent technical expertise, solution-oriented economic thinking and acting.’
‘The team includes other associates, whose high level of professional expertise in the field is highly valued, as is the excellent reliability of the drafting of pleadings. But also the personal contact in the mandate is extremely uncomplicated and the availability is always excellent.’
‘Benedikt Wolfers: Unique in terms of professional competence, result-oriented work, dialogue skills and work results.’
‘Incredibly well connected, very creative, super super committed’
‘Excellent knowledge of law; excellent ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new issues; a consistently very high level of commitment; fast response times with practical answers and solutions; Excellent understanding of the economic context and what is “feasible” in individual cases.’
‘Dr. Poser, Dr. Wolfers: Comprehensive, many years of experience; excellent legal knowledge; always very well informed with regard to relevant case law and scientific opinion; availability at all times when “not on man”; fast response times; excellent understanding of economic context and importance; very good strategic classification of issues; always practical solutions; excellent networking ‘
‘A dedicated team of highly professional lawyers who are absolute experts in their field and know how to understand their clients’ strategic goals.’
Axel Springer S.E. / Goggo Networks
BP Europa SE
Deutsche Wohnen AG
Deutsche Wohnen S.E.
Freistaat Bayern, Staatsministerium der Finanzen und für Heimat
Freistaat Bayern, Staatsregierung, Staatsministerium der Finanzen und für Heimat, Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie
Hamburger Wasserwerke GmbH
Landesbank Hessen Thüringen / HELABA
Peek & Cloppenburg
PNE AG, Strabag SE, Mainstream
Provinzial NordWest Holding AG
Sparkasse Rhein Nahe und Sparkasse Koblenz
Strabag / Schiedsverfahren Offshore-Wind
- Representing Volkswagen AG in the negotiation and conclusion of a model contract with the Federal Minister of Health for the procurement of over 100 million protective masks, clothing and medical products in the corona crisis from China and other countries.
- Legal and strategic advice to Deutsche Wohnen AG on the Berlin referendum to expropriate Deutsche Wohnen & Co., in particular examination of the formal and material requirements under which real estate companies could be incorporated by a state law.
- Mandate of Landesbank Hessen Thüringen / HELABA in the support and structuring of the proposed merger between Helaba and Deka, which would be the largest public banking merger in Germany.
Redeker Sellner Dahs
With a strong team of experts and a broad portfolio of prestigious clients, Redeker Sellner Dahs' practice is at the forefront of politically and socially sensitive issues. The team represents federal states at administrative court level to defend corona protection legislation, as well as the federal government before the Federal Constitutional Court on the subject of the so-called triage. Other focal points of the practice are state and official liability, European law, municipal law, fundamental rights and international law. The team also has longstanding experience in the gaming sector, while data protection advice is becoming increasingly important, especially in connection with the digitisation of public administrations; Cornelius Böllhoff is a key contact here. Tobias Masing in Berlin and Florian van Schewick, who made counsel in 2021, are other key figures of the practice. Gero Ziegenhorn made partner in 2021.
Other key lawyers:
Tobias Masing; Frank Fellenberg; Matthias Kottmann; Ulrich Karpenstein; Florian van Schewick; Cornelius Böllhoff; Gero Ziegenhorn
- Representing the federal government in complex constitutional complaint proceedings as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. The complainants request a legal regulation for the so-called triage if the treatment capacities are not sufficient.
- Legal representation of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia before the Constitutional Court of North Rhine-Westphalia in several constitutional complaint proceedings regarding the Corona regulations.
- Representation of BaFin in all state liability proceedings regarding Wirecard.
Allen & Overy LLP
Allen & Overy LLP's team impresses with a prestigious and international client base, and continues to offer broad and versatile commercial administrative advice even after Olaf Otting left for Otting Zinger Rechtsanwälte in November 2020. The team around practice head Udo Herbert Olgemöller, who made partner in May 2021, focuses on investment reviews, including assistance with approval procedures, strategic advice and transaction-related assistance, but also regularly advises on issues relating to the regulation of lobbying activities, gambling law as well as regulatory matters. At contentious level, the practice also frequently acts before the Federal Constitutional Court and the Federal Administrative Court. Also important is the practice's integration within the international firm network as well as the use of various tools developed at the firm's own legal tech hub.
Other key lawyers:
Zweckverband Region Aachen / Provinz Limburg / Ministerium Deutschsprachiger Gemeinschaft / Maastricht
- Advising OneFiber on the largest broadband expansion project in Germany.
- Advising several US asset managers on issues of German investment assessments in accordance with the Foreign Trade and Payments Act and Foreign Trade Ordinance, as well as advising US clients on the new Lobby Register Act.
- Comprehensive advice to a leading global online retailer on how to deal with Covid-19 restrictions on business operations, including responsibility for the company’s own Covid-19 update tracker for Germany.
Clifford Chance focuses on complex constitutional issues but also offers 'outstanding expertise in administrative matters'; particularly noteworthy here is the future-oriented work in the field of ESG and new technologies, as well as the team's commercial and administrative advice on transformations in the energy sector. Thomas Voland has expertise in constitutional law, German and European regulatory law and compliance issues, while Düsseldorf-based practice head Mathias Elspaß focuses on advising in the telecommunications and energy sectors as well as on gaming law and general public law issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘Outstanding expertise with regard to administrative law issues, also with regard to the dynamically developing area of telco and tech regulation and administrative law.’
‘Thomas Voland: In addition to professional expertise – great vision and excellent strategic understanding.’
The team at Gleiss Lutz around Andreas Neun in Berlin is active in a variety of ways and is 'close to the client and his needs': the practice is regularly involved in various highly visible contentious constitutional and commercial administrative proceedings, such as in the context of a constitutional complaint related to the wind-energy-at-sea-law or when acting on the defendant's side in landmark proceedings pertaining to a municipal air pollution control plan. The team also deals with socially important topics such as the nuclear phase-out as well as with future-oriented topics such as cybersecurity, ESG or public price law. Furthermore, the team acted in numerous cases regarding Covid-19 measures. The cross-practice cooperation in areas such as energy, transport, telecommunications as well as on supervisory law issues, is of central importance to the team.
Other key lawyers:
Jacob von Andreae; Christian Hamann; Marc Rutloff;Burghard Hildebrandt
‘Close to the client and his needs; pragmatic, fast and precise; legally absolutely sound; an eye for the essentials.’
‘Solution-oriented approach; open to discussion, easily accessible; good understanding of economic issues and aspects of the mandate, very circumspect; can also break down very complex issues and explain them well.’
Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung
Deutscher Hotel- und Gaststättenverband (DEHOGA Bundesverband)
- Representation of EDEKA ZENTRALE Stiftung & Co. KG in urgent (higher) administrative court proceedings regarding the new sales restrictions in the statutory regulations of the federal states on infection protection, which affect food retailers during the Christmas business, in 13 federal states.
- Advising the Federal Finance Agency GmbH on the structuring of the economic stabilization fund (Federal Covid-19 aid), including the legal organization and structural processing of the Federal Covid-19 aid (bailout package for the economy worth billions).
- Representation in court in a water concession contract dispute regarding the scope of concession fee collection.
Hengeler Mueller frequently applies its 'extraordinarily high level of expertise' in constitutional and administrative law proceedings before European courts, the Federal Constitutional Court and authorities, whereby the team has recently also been increasingly active in connection with Covid-19 restrictions and bans and further frequently advised at the interface to foreign trade law. The practice also specialises in assisting companies and associations with gaming law issues and further advised and represented members of the German Bundestag as well as housing and real estate companies in matters relating to the Berlin rental cap. Dirk Uwer in Düsseldorf as well as Wolfgang Spoerr and Jan Bonhage in Berlin are the main contacts.
Other key lawyers:
Dirk Uwer; Wolfgang Spoerr; Jan Bonhage; Vera Jungkind; Fabian Quast
‘Extraordinarily high level of expertise in the field of public law coupled with a very good understanding of the client’s needs, maximum motivation and accuracy in detail. The overall package is probably so unique on the market.’
‘Prof. dr Spoerr: Highest level of expertise with an outstanding understanding of the client’s needs.’
‘Dr. Quast is the perfect complement to Prof. Dr. Spoerr, very good organization of the team. Always approachable, pragmatic and client-oriented.’
Hogan Lovells International LLP
Hogan Lovells International LLP's 'powerful' team has extensive expertise ranging from constitutional law to municipal commercial law and state liability. The practice places a strategic focus on gambling law, in the context of which the group supports legislative processes, assists with high-volume privatisations and advises industry players. The advice rendered to national and international companies on the effects of the Covid-19 crisis has recently become another mainstay for the practice, while the team is also adept at assisting public companies, especially with regards to privatisations and remunicipalisation. Düsseldorf-based practice head Thomas Dünchheim 'stands out due to his extensive technical expertise and his truly unique horizon of experience'. Associate Carsten Bringmann joined Noerr in January 2022 as a salary partner.
‘Efficient and well-staffed team with very specific technical know-how (state liability law).’
‘Prof. Dünchheim: Confident, very well networked with state chancelleries, high level of technical know-how, but not aloof.’
‘Excellent team, which has very qualified contact persons for every special question from very different areas of law, without losing sight of the entire transaction. Despite the very complex transaction with very different legal issues from all conceivable areas of law, Hogan Lovells always focused on the success of the overall transaction!’
‘Prof. dr Dünchheim: Outstanding knowledge of the structures of those involved and the way of thinking of the different actors, outstanding problem-solving skills and focus on the core problems of the transaction.’
‘Good contacts in politics and business. Great expertise in gambling law.’
‘To Prof. Dr. Dünchheim, I value his broad knowledge of municipal law, among other things, and his always great commitment.’
‘Time is always taken for the legal matter. The contact person at Hogan Lovells International LLP will answer the open legal question in a targeted manner and with very good professional knowledge.’
Bank of America
Stadtwerke Hürth, Technische Betriebe und Einrichtungen AöR
Zweckverband Gruppenwasserwerk Dieburg Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts
Ministerium für Inneres, ländliche Räume, Integration und Gleichstellung des Landes Schleswig-Holstein
NOVO INTERACTIVE GmbH (früher Admiral Sportwetten GmbH)
Thüringer Staatslotterie AöR (früher Lotterie-Treuhandgesellschaft mbH Thüringen)
Westdeutsche Spielbanken GmbH & Co. KG
LÖWEN ENTERTAINMENT GmbH (und Tochtergesellschaften (ADMIRAL ENTERTAINMENT GmbH, Casino Royal GmbH) und Admiral Play GmbH)
German Tote Service- und Beteiligungs GmbH/Wettstar GmbH
Löwen Play GmbH
Hessisches Ministerium des Innern und für Sport
Postcode Lotterie DT gGmbH
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz Kreisverband Düsseldorf e.V.
FR. Lürssen Werft GmbH & Co. KG
Verband des eZigarettenhandels e.V. (VdeH)
Hamburger Verkehrsanlagen GmbH
Autobahn Tank & Rast GmbH
Duisburger Versorgungs- und Verkehrsgesellschaft mbH
Stadtentwicklungsgesellschaft Langenfeld mbH
The Boston Consulting Group
Stadtwerke Velbert GmbH
e-regio GmbH & Co. KG
STAWAG Stadtwerke Aachen Aktiengesellschaft
Wildauer Immobiliengesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Ministerium für Umwelt, Landwirtschaft, Natur- und Verbraucherschutz des Landes Nord-Rhein-Westfalen
Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund GmbH (RMV)
Enwor – Energie & Wasser VOR ORT GmbH
- Advising the Bank of America in connection with the amendment of the gaming regulations in Germany, in particular with regard to the GlüStV 2021 and the complete liberalization of the sports betting market and online gaming (virtual slot machines, online casino and online poker).
- Legal advice to the Ministry of the Interior, Rural Areas, Integration and Equality of the State of Schleswig-Holstein on the implementation of the regulation of online casino games in accordance with Section 22c GlüStV 2021 in Schleswig-Holstein, in particular the preparation of a comprehensive legal opinion on constitutional, European and public procurement law.
- Legal advice to LÖWEN ENTERTAINMENT GmbH and its subsidiaries (ADMIRAL ENTERTAINMENT GmbH, Casino Royal GmbH and Admiral Play GmbH) in connection with the regulatory requirements for the operation of arcades resulting from the GlüStV 2021 and the 16 state implementation laws.
The client portfolio of Noerr's commercial administration practice includes ministries and authorities at federal and state level as well as numerous German and international companies. The team advises the public sector on strategic issues, provides regulatory support for large transactions, but is also frequently active on issues relating to gaming, telecommunications and financial market supervisory law. Commercial administrative law aspects of investment control represent another important topic for the team, as do new developments in the energy and mobility sectors. Holger Schmitz focuses on politically relevant projects and politically sensitive issues, and the Munich-based Christian Mayer is considered a 'competent and always available contact'. In January 2022, the Düsseldorf office was strengthened by the arrival of salary partner Carsten Bringmann, previously at Hogan Lovells International LLP.
Other key lawyers:
Christof Federwisch; Christian Mayer; Peter Bachmann; Holger Schmitz; Carsten Bringmann
‘Competent and personable.’
‘Dr. Christian Mayer as a competent and always available contact person.’
Hans-Georg Kamann in Frankfurt and Martin Seyfarth in Berlin jointly head WilmerHale's commercial administration law team, which has particular strengths in European constitutional and administrative law, especially in relation to proceedings before the ECJ and the EuG; the team is also involved in proceedings before the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. Another focus lies on interdisciplinary constitutional, special administrative and competition matters; here, the group advises international, especially US, internet companies with a special focus on data protection issues with Vanessa Wettner being a key contact with experience in contentious proceedings. The practice also offers strategic political legal advice, for example on legislative procedures.
Other key lawyers:
Bundesverband Öffentlicher Banken Deutschlands, VÖB, e.V.
Deutsche Bahn AG / Stuttgart 21
INC SpA und Consorzio Stabile Sis SCpA
Jugendherberge Berlin Ostkreuz gGmbH
Opal Gastransport GmbH & Co. KG
Single Resolution Board (SRB)
Syngenta Agro GmbH
- Advising Facebook in proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office and subsequently in the appeal proceedings before the Higher Regional Court in Düsseldorf against the Federal Cartel Office’s prohibition decision of February 7, 2019 due to allegedly abusive data processing conditions.
- Comprehensive advice to Onyx Power in the area of public policy on the legislative process of the coal phase-out law as well as regulatory issues with regard to tenders for power plant closures and energy law issues in the event of a possible fuel conversion of the power plants.
- Representation of the Single Resolution Board (SRB) / Landesbank Baden-Württemberg in various legal proceedings before the European courts on questions of the amount of contributions to the Single Resolution Fund.
Greenberg Traurig Germany
Greenberg Traurig Germany continues to assist with commercial administration and constitutional issues at the interface to environmental, construction and real estate law in a variety of ways. Recent advice rendered to real estate companies, individual owners and housing cooperatives on a constitutional complaint against the Berlin rent cap law is especially noteworthy. Martin Hamer, who has interdisciplinary expertise in relation to environmental and planning law and advises on regulatory issues, jointly heads the practice from Berlin with Dieter Neumann, who specialises in advising on public-private partnerships (PPP), privatisations and project developments.
Other key lawyers:
BFW Landesverband Berlin-Brandenburg
Bundesministerium für Verkehr und digitale Infrastruktur
- Advising twelve medium-sized real estate companies and individual owners on the constitutional complaint against the Berlin rent cap.
- Advising four Berlin housing cooperatives on the joint constitutional complaint on the Berlin rent cap.
In addition to its focus on municipal advice, GSK Stockmann‘s team increasingly supports clients at state and federal level. However, national and international corporations and NGOs also appreciate the team’s expertise in approval and certification matters as well as in related disputes. The practice prepares constitutional reports, has expertise in remunicipalisation and is characterised by its proximity to the political sector. The team is headed by Wolfgang Würfel in Munich and Jan Hennig in Berlin, both of whom advise companies and the public sector on commercial administration issues.
‘The GSK Stockmann team is very well organized and coordinated. Appointments are well prepared and information is solid.’
Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg
FSC Global Development GmbH
HOWOGE Wohnungsbaugesellschaft mbH
IKEA Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
Land Berlin, Der Regierende Bürgermeister von Berlin (Senatskanzlei)
Land Berlin, Senatsverwaltung für Finanzen
Land Schleswig Holstein
Landeshauptstadt München, Stadtjugendamt
Otto von Guericke Universität zu Magdeburg
Philipp Morris GmbH
- On behalf of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, represented by the Authority for the Environment, Climate, Energy and Agriculture, preparation of a constitutional expert opinion on the effects of the new Federal Building Energy Act (GEG) on the Hamburg Climate Protection Act.
- Advising the housing association HOWOGE on variants of the cooperation model regarding the framework agreement reached with the state of Berlin for the renovation of 13 schools and the construction of 15 schools as part of the Berlin school building offensive. Advice in particular on school premises that, unlike in the original model, are not owned by the state.
- Comprehensive legal advice to the city of Soltau on the planned remunicipalisation of the previously privately owned municipal sewage system, in particular on municipal economic law, tax law, company law and labor law.
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH is considered a ‘reliable advisor‘ to both companies and the public sector and has expertise in civil service issues, municipal constitutional matters, university and public broadcasting law. Future-relevant topics at the interface to environmental and planning law, such as the energy transition, are also of central importance to the team. Practice head Thomas Gohrke is based in Leipzig and Hanover and an ‘absolute specialist who can also develop unusual solutions‘. With the establishment of Unyer, a global organisation of leading international professional services companies, in 2021, the firm strengthened its international reach. Tobias Leidinger joined the team in February 2021.
Other key lawyers:
‘Strategic competence and diversified professional competence in the consulting fields relevant for a federal association in environmental and energy law.’
‘In-depth industry knowledge, always approachable, reliable advisor.’
‘Dr. Thomas Gohrke has in-depth knowledge of the industry, is always approachable, reliable adviser, absolute specialist who can also develop unusual solutions.’
‘The law firm is broad enough to always be able to offer a specialist and is still friendly in personal dealings. The colleagues there are always punctual, friendly and incredibly reliable, even during the holiday season. The mutual representation there works smoothly – especially in comparison with other law firms, I noticed this very much.’
Verwaltungs-Berufsgenossenschaft (VBG) gesetzliche Unfallversicherung
Uniper Kraftwerke GmbH
Verallia Deutschland AG
Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
N-Bank – Investitions- und Förderbank Niedersachsen
- Advice to the board of directors of N-Bank in connection with the granting of liquidity loans in connection with the corona crisis.
- Legal advice on the development of a future organizational model and a cooperation agreement for the merger of Herzmedizin Charité and Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin.
- Legal advice to LEAG (Lausitz Energie Kraftwerke AG and Lausitz Energie Bergbau AG) on the complex substantive legal and procedural issues in connection with the phase-out of lignite-fired power generation in Germany, in particular the negotiation, drafting and conclusion of the public-law contract between the lignite companies and the Federal Republic of Germany.
McDermott Will & Emery Rechtsanwälte Steuerberater LLP
McDermott Will & Emery Rechtsanwälte Steuerberater LLP's public law practice advises both companies and the public sector on constitutional and administrative law, municipal tax law, gambling law, commercial law, traffic law and budgetary law. The team recently represented clients from the retail, catering and event industries with a large number of administrative court proceedings relating to the Corona Protection Ordinance. Practice head Alexa Ningelgen 'is an excellent lawyer in the field of commercial administrative law' and is significantly supported by counsel Antje Weiss.
Other key lawyers:
‘Professionally very strong, very well-established team with fast reaction times. Good eye for relevant risks, more pragmatic than most other public law consultants.’
‘Alexa Ningelgen: Very present and readily available, excellent view of relevant risks and the right way to avoid them, more assertive than most competitors, pleasantly analytical and structured approach. Antje Weiss: Technically very strong, proceeds thoughtfully and meticulously, avoids surprises in the process.’
‘Mrs. Ningelgen and Ms. Niemeier are particularly outstanding, their expertise and commitment are well-founded and inspiring.’
‘Alexa Ningelgen – very knowledgeable and pragmatic.’
‘Dr. Alexa Ningelgen is an excellent lawyer in the field of commercial administrative law and works in a goal-oriented manner for her clients.’
‘Alexa Ningelgen has a wide range of expertise and a good eye for the essential issues. Great response time. Antje Weiss works very precisely from a legal point of view and is a very good contact person. Associate Lene Niemeier is also convincing.’
‘The team knows the particular requirements of the client and does not work with model solutions, but rather bases recommendations for action on the underlying parameters. In this way, the consulting services, both in relation to the overall projects and for specific individual questions, are not only of high quality, but are also characterized by their success in practical use.’
‘Information comes quickly and in a unique quality.’
Autobahn Tank & Rast GmbH
GALERIA Karstadt Kaufhof GmbH
KaDeWe Group GmbH
Karstadt Sports GmbH
Löwen Entertainment GmbH
- Advising the city of Düsseldorf in connection with the market entry of UBER and Clevershuttle in Düsseldorf, including representation in various administrative procedures and advice on very specific issues in connection with merger control issues on the occasion of Stadtwerke Düsseldorf AG’s participation in Clevershuttle.
- Advising and representing GALERIA Karstadt Kaufhof GmbH in a large number of court proceedings against almost all Covid-19-related closure orders for its department stores (150 branches in all 16 federal states).
- Ongoing advice and representation of Löwen Entertainment GmbH and its subsidiaries on all questions of gambling law, especially in connection with the installation of devices and online products.
Oppenländer Rechtsanwälte's practice is led by the 'professionally excellent, very well-connected' Christofer Lenz and Torsten Gerhard, who has 'a great understanding of the political context'. The team not only advises private and public companies, but also governments at federal, state and municipal level, with its strong relationship with the state of Baden-Württemberg being particularly noteworthy; for example, the team is defending the state's Covid-19 measures in hundreds of proceedings before administrative courts. The practice also frequently advises politicians and the public sector on constitutional matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘Prof. Lenz was our main contact person. Super friendly, good value for money and top advice. The most important thing when discussing strategy is to get clear statements about the strength and weakness of the arguments. Gladly again.’
‘The Oppenländer law firm is characterized in particular by the fact that they are very familiar with the processes in administration – especially in the highest state authorities – and the political situation. They are well networked and have already dealt with countless issues in this area, so that they have incomparable experience in commercial administrative law. The legal knowledge and skills are comprehensive.’
‘The lawyers at the Oppenländer law firm have outstanding legal expertise and have the right solution ready for even the most difficult of situations. They work transparently and can be reached at any time, even under the greatest stress. The typesetting is flawless and the content is of the highest quality. This applies in particular to Dr. Torsten Gerhard (partner) to. ‘
‘RA Dr. Gerhard impresses with high legal competence and always very pleasant communication. He has a great understanding of the political context in which we work.’
‘Good structure of the law firm, balanced ratio of partners to associates, good distribution of tasks, clear competencies and responsibilities when processing the mandate.’
‘Prof. dr Christofer Lenz: Experienced, prudent, polite but determined, technically outstanding, very well networked.’
AWO Bezirksverband Hannover e.V.
Bremer Straßenbahn AG
Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung
Bundesverbund der Ökokontrollstellen
Bundesverband Deutscher Tabakwaren-Großhändler und Automatenaufsteller e.V.
Bundesverband Deutscher Tabakwaren-Großhändler und Automatenaufsteller e.V. sowie diverse Mitgliedsunternehmen
CDU Landtagsfraktion Rheinland-Pfalz
Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg
Freistaat Sachsen, Finanzministerium
Forst Baden-Württemberg Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts (ForstBW)
ILS Mannheim gGmbH
Karlsruher Verkehrsverbund (KVV)
Land Baden-Württemberg – Staatsministerium
Landeszentrale für politische Bildung
Landtag von Baden-Württemberg und Präsidentin des Landtags
Lotto-Gesellschaft (Staatliche Toto-Lotto GmbH Baden-Württemberg)
Ministerium für Kultus, Jugend und Sport Baden-Württemberg
Ministerium für Soziales, Gesundheit und Integration Baden-Württemberg
Ministerium für Umwelt Baden-Württemberg
Stadt Garching bei München
Stadtwerke Gießen GmbH
üstra Hannoversche Verkehrsbetriebe AG
Verkehrsverbund Stuttgart (VVS)
- Representing the state of Baden-Württemberg before the administrative courts and the administrative court in defending the Covid-19 measures (more than 600 cases); Representation also in compensation proceedings before the regional courts.
- Representation of the Free State of Saxony before the Saxon Constitutional Court against two abstract requests for review of the budget law.
- Representation of the state parliament of Baden-Württemberg in a whole series of organ disputes before the Constitutional Court of Baden-Württemberg.
Raue's team impresses with 'absolute reliability' and is active in media regulatory matters. The group advises and represents clients in numerous administrative court proceedings. Another focus of the practice is advice and representation of industry and commerce chambers in chamber law matters, with Christoph-David Munding being the key contact, as well as assisting companies and those affected by fundamental rights with matters pertaining to Covid-19 regulations. Wolfram Hertel heads the practice from Berlin and stands out for the 'excellent quality' of his advice.
Other key lawyers:
Christoph-David Munding; Wolfgang Kuhla; Hans Heller; Arne Dittloff
‘Particular competencies in the relevant areas of law in public commercial administrative law, equally strong staffing. High quality of advice, good reputation in the industry .’
‘On-time delivery, industry knowledge, tactical understanding.’
‘Incredibly fast familiarization, even in administrative law “peripheral issues”, absolute reliability, trusting cooperation, always hit the right “tone”, hardly any adjustments to briefs necessary when Raue is commissioned. ‘
‘Dr. Dittloff: Reliable; quickly incorporated into topics that are not commonplace; excellent & transparent communication. dr Hertel: Realistic success assessments, on schedule & excellent quality .’
‘The RAUE law firm and its representatives embody an extraordinary combination of tradition and progress in their appearance – whether in court, in out-of-court negotiations or in advising clients. The sensitivity in appearance is paired with a special clarity of language and extremely structured legal considerations. The special technical expertise of the lawyers in their areas of focus ensures a well-founded decision-making basis for the decision on subsequent steps. The entire team conveys the feeling of handling the case with the utmost care, the necessary foresight and special commitment. The client support and cost transparency are pleasant and exemplary.’
‘Wolfgang Kuhla: Exemplary, absolutely serious appearance in court, you can feel the court’s respect for the lawyer’s personality. Wolfgang Kuhla is able to summarize even complicated issues with particular clarity, both verbally and in writing. A special instinct and strategic skill in negotiations are flanked by enormous specialist knowledge and a wealth of experience and convey the feeling of being perfectly represented.
‘Christoph-David Munding has a very special expertise in public law and real estate law, so that he can impart his knowledge precisely. In the entire extremely pleasant consultation and representation, you can feel the special experience that he has gained for the law firm in numerous extensive clients. He keeps his own connection to the client, reacts immediately to inquiries and has a clear and well-founded concept in the performance of mandates. Typesetting and clarity of language are exemplary .’