Health in East Midlands
Browne Jacobson LLP is a market-leader in the health and social care sector. It has a national NHS client base and is one of only four firms to act for both NHS Resolution and a medical defence organisation. It also generates work from major private healthcare providers. Practice head Simon Tait handles a wide range of contentious mandates, including inquests and regulatory matters. The firm also has an excellent track record in clinical negligence, corporate and commercial, and Court of Protection work.
Other key lawyers:
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Trust
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Integrated Care System (SYB ICS)
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
NHS Birmingham Cross City CCG; NHS Birmingham South Central CCG; NHS Solihull
- Representation of University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust at high profile inquest.
- Acting for the University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust at an inquest into a death of a lady who suffered an inpatient fall, leaving her paralysed from the neck down.
- Advised Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on its successful £650m merger with Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Establishment of Derbyshire Pathology.
Freeths LLP has core strengths in acquisitions, disposals and mergers in the private healthcare sector. In addition, its team is experienced in handling land acquisitions and subsequent developments for senior living facilities and supported living units. Other specialist areas include end of life consent matters, inquests and other regulatory enforcement matters, as well as corporate governance and procurement. Clients include public sector entities, care providers and real estate investment trusts. Thomas Golding, James Clamp and Phil Baigent jointly lead the practice.
Thomas Golding; James Clamp; Phil Baigent;
LNT Group / Ideal Care Homes
Maria Mallaband Care Group, including Countrywide Care Homes
Athena Care Homes
One Housing / Baycroft
Bank Leumi UK Plc
NHS Shared Business Services
NHS Property Services Limited
Country Court Care Homes
- Acting for LNT Care Developments Limited on the forward commit sales to institutional fund (Octopus Healthcare) of 3 new build luxury care homes with a combined turn-of-key value of £30m.
- Advising CareSolve Care Group on its first forward commit institutional 35 year lease of a prestige new care home in Wales.
- Acted for Anchor Hanover Trust on the sale of the business and assets of a care home to Kirklands Care Limited for a total of £1.6m.
- Advised BKR Care Consultancy Limited on its inspection and audit partnership with Laing Busson, aimed at operators throughout the UK.