Pensions in East Anglia
The employment law practice at Mills & Reeve LLP in Norwich works closely with the firm's Birmingham office to provide comprehensive advice on both corporate and public sector pension schemes. It has particular expertise on the Local Government Pension Scheme and the NHS Pension Scheme. Consultant Laura Sayer sits on the East Anglia Committee of the Pensions Management Institute and on the public sector sub-committee of the Association of Pension Lawyers.
Head of pensions Christopher Nuttall at Hewitsons works mainly from Northampton but regularly attends the Cambridge office to advise the firm's key clients. The firm acts for employers and trustees of private sector occupational pension schemes throughout the UK and across a wide range of business sectors. It has significant experience in public sector pensions, particularly involving the local government, healthcare and education sectors.
“Chris Nuttall delivers comprehensive advice in a timely manner and strives to deliver a meaningful and helpful service.”
Perrys Group Limited
Trustees of the Superior Pension Fund (Greenery UK Limited)
Trustees of the Velux Co. Ltd Retirement Benefits Scheme
Trustees of the Jacques Vert Limited Pension Scheme
United Learning Trust
Trustees of the Sortex Final Salary Scheme (Buhler Sortex Limited)
Visit Cambridge & Beyond
Trustees of the AT Oliver & Sons Ltd Pension and Life Assurance Scheme
- Advised Perrys Motor Sales Limited on all pension aspects of the sale to the Snows Motor Group of Fiat, Mazda and Peugeot dealership in Portsmouth.
- Negotiating parent company support to underpin the sponsoring employer’s obligations.
- Advising Trustees of the Velux Co. Ltd Retirement Benefits Scheme on the obligations under the new data protection regime provided by the general data protection regulation (GDPR).
- Advice to Visit Cambridge & Beyond on the use of and drafting cost and risk sharing mechanisms in relation to pensions.
- Advising Trustees of the Jacques Vert Pension Scheme on and negotiating the securing of benefits in excess of Pension Protection Fund (PPF) levels following the sponsoring employer suffering an insolvency event.
Greenwoods GRM has a specialist pensions consultant in Pauline Anning, who works from both the Peterborough and London offices. She advises on the design, establishment and restructuring of pension arrangements, as well as merging and winding up schemes, negotiating with the Inland Revenue and handling pension-related disputes. Employment practice head John MacAulay and managing partner Robert Dillarstone also handle pensions matters as part of their broader practices.
John Macaulay; Robert Dillarstone; Pauline Anning
- Pauline Anning, Consultant, advised a hotel which had established, some time ago, a funded unapproved pension arrangement.
- Advising a national children’s charity on their pension scheme issues.
- Pauline Anning, Consultant, advised the trustees of the final salary scheme for a large private school in relation to GDPR.
- Pauline Anning advised a large manufacturer on how to comply with pension legislation.