CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz D.O.O. in cooperation with local lawyers is known for its broad real estate practice, advising on large transactions, major projects, and project financing matters. It is particularly known for its offering to international investors. Nedžida Salihović-Whalen and Indir Osmić co-lead the team from Sarajevo. Osmić in particular is regarded for his work relating to energy projects as they intersect with real estate and construction. Ana Terzić is also recommended for her work advising German-speaking clients.
Real estate and construction in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nedžida Salihović-Whalen; Indir Osmić
Other key lawyers:
European Bank for Restructuring and Development
Finish Fund for Industrial Cooperation Ltd (FINNFUND) and KPA UNICON GROUP
AUSTRIAN SOCIAL FUND
WAGNER AG WALDSTATT
Soda Sisecam Lukavac
Heta Asset Resolution AG
- Advised the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the acquisition of shares in Eastern Mining d.o.o. Bosnian subsidiary of Adriatic Metals PLC.
- Advising a prominent group of companies in connection with the building of a renewable power plant
The well-regarded team at Maric & Co Law Firm is known for its ability to provide a full-service real estate practice, covering transactions, disputes and projects. Public and private sector clients alike feature on its client list. The group is also a popular choice for local clients on smaller-scale transactions and disputes. Practice head Slaven Dizdar has extensive experience in multijurisdictional real estate and construction matters.
Public Company Elektroprivreda BiH JSC
Adriatic Metals PLC
- Advising Shandong International and its Bosnian subsidiary SDHS-CSI BH Banja Luka on the Banja Luka-Prijedor-Novi Grad highway construction project.
- Advising Elektroprivreda BiH JSC in the construction of Block 7 of the Tuzla Thermoelectric Power Plant.
- Advising EBRD on six construction loans to local banks in Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Law Office Miljkovic & Partners is praised for its ‘knowledge and experience in all aspects of real estate and construction matters’. It advises on the gamut of real estate matters, including financing, asset acquisitions, and contractual matters covering construction and leasing cases. Sead Miljković leads the practice, advising on large and complex acquisitions. Amar Bajramović is known for his energy projects work, and Maja Šimunac is also noted.
‘The team is knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of real estate and construction matters.’
‘This team delivers high-class service.’
‘We are mostly collaborating with Sead Miljković and Amar Bajramović. They are both excellent in providing innovative legal advice, very solution-oriented and dedicated. Highly recommended.’
dm drogerie markt
Montecristo Retail Group
- Advising dm drogerie markt on leases of business premises for its branch offices all over Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Advising ASA Group on a FIDIC-based contract with Strabag for the first private general hospital in Sarajevo.
- Acting for Generale Costruzioni Ferroviarie S.p.A. in an ICC arbitration concerning a railway rehabilitation project in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Law firm SAJIC
Clients of Law firm SAJIC, which include international and domestic real estate investors and developers, rely on the firm for its strong transactional and construction advice. It is particularly known for its infrastructure work, covering the full range of major public services, as well as strength in construction contract drafting. Mirela Mazulovic is experienced in obtaining permits from significant public authorities for a number of major developments. Stojanka Sajic heads the team. Tijana Kondic has construction disputes experience.
Stojanka Sajic; Aleksandar Sajic
Other key lawyers:
Mirela Mazulovic; Tijana Kondic
- Provided advice to HRVATSKE TELEKOMUNIKACIJE on the construction of more than 500 mobile telephone base stations.
- Representing TEHNOMETAL in litigation with Vlasenica Municipality regarding the construction of infrastructure facilities.
Wolf Theiss – in cooperation with local lawyers provides a broad range of real estate and construction services to its key clients. It is best known for its work for energy sector clients, ranging from advice to private individuals on their investments to advising large multinationals on Bosnian projects. Naida Čustović leads the team.
APS Recovery Management s.r.o.
Eli Lilly B-H d.o.o.
CINEPLEXX International GmbH / CINEPLEXX BH d.o.o.
Lexmark BH d.o.o.
Addiko banka d.d. Sarajevo
Addiko banka a.d. Banja Luka
Raiffeisen Landesbank, Austria
Raiffeisen Bank International
Keune Adrija BiH
Unicredit bank Mostar d.d.
Nishimura & Asahi
Unis Fagas d.o.o.
Dinners club. BiH
Sparkasse Bank BH d.d.
Erste Club Card
- Advising the local subsidiary of SUZLON Energy A/S Denmark in Bosnia and Herzegovina on Sarajevo’s first renewable wind project.
The real estate practice at Dimitrijevic & Partners, led by Davorin Marinković, advises its clients on major infrastructure and construction works, which includes a focus on regulatory matters and disputes. The team also assists with transactions and leasing, with experience advising major multinationals. Marinković's workload includes construction and procurement matters. Djordje Dimitrijevic is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
OHL Z.S. Brno, Czech Republic
Alumil Aluminium Industry SA
- Advising Integral Inzenjering on various matters including disputes arising from construction contracts.
- Advising Geoinzenjering d.o.o. Banja Luka in a dispute with the national land registry agency in respect to the service contract for national land survey.
Karanovic & Partners in cooperation with local lawyers advises on large-scale real estate transactions. It has particular strength in PPP, infrastructure and energy matters, and has experience of construction disputes and arbitration. Nihad Sijerčić leads the team. Amina Đugum is also known for her advice to real estate investors.
Other key lawyers:
‘They are fast, reliable and a “to the point” type of law firm.‘
‘All of the individuals from K&N, which we collaborate with, are super helpful, polite and professional.‘
Brilliant 3221 GmbH
Dar Al Arkan Property Development
- Assisting EBRD with the amendments to the BH energy efficiency legislation.
- Assisting Dar Al Arkan Real Estate Development in the development of a new tourist/residential area near Sarajevo.
- Assisting Hering with various issues related to its construction projects.