CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz D.O.O. in cooperation with local lawyers is known for its track record acting for foreign investors on developments of large-scale energy and infrastructure projects. The practice’s project financing expertise is one of its key strengths and it works closely with the banking and finance department. It is equally experienced advising on projects in industries including life sciences and ICT. Nedžida Salihović-Whalen and Indir Osmić co-lead the practice, advising on high-profile transactional and financing matters respectively. Associate Ana Terzić provides additional support.
Projects and energy in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Other key lawyers:
European Bank for Restructuring and Development
Soda Sisecam Lukavac
Finish Fund for Industrial Cooperation Ltd (FINNFUND) and KPA UNICON GROUP
AUSTRIAN SOCIAL FUND
WAGNER AG WALDSTATT
Heta Asset Resolution AG
- Advised the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the acquisition of shares in Eastern Mining d.o.o.
- Advising the EBRD on all aspects of the financing of the EBRD-Regional Energy Efficiency Programme (REEP).
- Representing WAGNER AG WALDSTATT in a shareholder dispute in a Bosnian-Herzegovinian company the client co-owns with a locally-based shareholder.
Dimitrijevic & Partners is known in the market for its energy and infrastructure advice, acting for development banks, public sector developers and major infrastructure operators. It is particularly known for its specialist advice on road projects, handling large-scale public works both in Bosnia and throughout South Eastern Europe. The group also handles a number of construction disputes in the projects space. Davorin Marinković leads the team, advising on construction, procurement and the financing of major projects. Founder Stevan Dimitrijević and associate Nikola Markocevic are also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
Stevan Dimitrijević; Nikola Markocevic
‘The team was very responsive, efficient and reliable. They know local laws in many areas, with focus on construction and infrastructure laws.‘
‘They are very responsive and efficient, and professional.‘
Linklaters Beijing – China Development Bank Corporation, China
OHL Z.S. Brno, Czech Republic
Brcko Roads, Brcko District
Highways of the Republic of Srpska, Banjaluka
German International Cooperation Agency GmbH (GIZ)
Elektroprivreda Republike Srpske
United Nations Development Program – Office in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Advising Elektroprivreda Republike Srpske in respect to joint ventures and concessions for the development of new power plants.
- Serving as National Legal Consultant to United Nations Development Programme for provision of support to the introduction of the ESCO financial mechanisms in BiH.
Law Office Miljkovic & Partners is well versed advising on major energy project mandates. The team provides contentious and advisory support on conventional and renewable energy projects, as well as on behalf of energy trading companies. Major infrastructure arbitrations feature in its caseload. Sead Miljković leads the team, with strengths including transactional work. Amar Bajramović is also recommended, in particular for his public sector procurement and regulatory work.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very positive experience with the firm.’
‘They have knowledge and experience of complex legal matters and provide proactive and business oriented support.’
‘The service they provide is client oriented and professional. Their team is flexible and committed and their experience wide.‘
‘Amar Bajramović and Sead Miljković have demonstrated deep understanding and experience in these matters.‘
- Advising wpd Adria d.o.o. in the course of due diligence of a local company, developer of the wind park in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Advising a client on the acquisition of a local company that develops two wind parks.
- Representing JP Ceste before the court in several high-value disputes arising out of FIDIC-based contracts.
Wolf Theiss – in cooperation with local lawyers provides services to clients with projects in the renewable energy sector. It is best known for its transactional work, with experience advising on solar, wind, battery and power grid-related projects. It also has a strong project financing practice, led by practice head Naida Čustović.
APS Recovery Management s.r.o.
Eli Lilly B-H d.o.o.
CINEPLEXX International GmbH / CINEPLEXX BH d.o.o.
Lexmark BH d.o.o.
Addiko banka d.d. Sarajevo
Addiko banka a.d. Banja Luka
Raiffeisen Landesbank, Austria
Raiffeisen Bank International
Keune Adrija BiH
Unicredit bank Mostar d.d.
Nishimura & Asahi
Unis Fagas d.o.o.
Dinners club. BiH
Sparkasse Bank BH d.d.
Erste Club Card
- Advising the local subsidiary of SUZLON Energy A/S Denmark in Bosnia and Herzegovina on the development of a 25MW wind power plant.
Known for its broad range of sector expertise, Karanovic & Partners in cooperation with local lawyers covers all major project types in the Bosnian market. The team is particularly well versed in energy matters, with experience in construction, trading and procurement for conventional power, as well as a growing practice advising on renewable energy projects. Amina Đugum is known for her work facilitating foreign investment. Nihad Sijerčić leads the team, offering transactional expertise. Nihad Odobašić is also well regarded.
Other key lawyers:
Amina Đugum; Nihad Odobašić
Brilliant 3221 GmbH
Dar Al Arkan Property Development LLC
- Assisting EBRD with the amendments to the BH energy efficiency legislation.
- Assisting Zeochem AG with the further expansion and development of its business activities in the Bosnian market.
- Assisting Brilliant 3221 GmbH in connection with various mining regulatory matters.
Maric & Co Law Firm‘s projects team is experienced in advising on developments in the broader infrastructure and energy sector. It represents a number of public and private clients, with a growing practice advising on renewable and energy transition-related projects. Project finance and foreign investment advice is another key area of work for the firm. Slaven Dizdar leads the team. He has particular strength advising on PPP and state infrastructure projects, as well as multi-jurisdictional matters.
Other key lawyers:
Public Company Elektroprivreda BiH JSC
Suzlon Wind Energy A/S Denmark
InterEnergo Group Slovenia / Kelag Group Austria
Kolektor Group Slovenia
Adriatic Metals PLC
- Advising Shandong International and its Bosnian subsidiary SDHS-CSI BH Banja Luka on the Banja Luka-Prijedor-Novi Grad highway construction project.
- Advising the Public Company Elektroprivreda BiH JSC on the construction of Block 7 of the Tuzla Thermoelectric Power Plant.
- Advising EBRD on six loans to local banks in Bosnia & Herzegovina.
Moravcevic Vojnovic and Partners in cooperation with Schoenherr's team has been heavily involved in hydroelectric power projects, advising a number of public sector bodies on drafting, financing and transactional matters. Sarajevo-based Minela Šehović is particularly noteworthy for her advice to international investors. Belgrade-based practice head Matija Vojnovic is 'an outstanding regional leader for projects in the renewable sector'.
Other key lawyers:
‘Their experience extends across the full breadth of both traditional and renewable energy projects.’
‘They have an extensive network of offices and are able to deliver excellent local knowledge.’
‘The team consists of professionals with whom I have been successfully working for several years.’
‘The team is always available, also on short notice, and always delivers excellent work.’
‘Experienced people with a lot of background knowledge and a hands-on approach.’
‘For complex and multi-jurisdictional matters, we mostly turn to Schoenherr. The team is excellent, reliable, always up to date with the trends in the market, and this is why I love working with them. The projects we have been working on are usually cross-border and their expertise never disappoints.’
‘They have strong knowledge and an innovative approach in handling any project. They are brilliant lawyers, always providing insightful advice, both commercial and practical. All members of the team we work with have the in-depth industry knowledge and easily deal with complex and cross border projects.’
‘Matija Vojnović is an outstanding regional leader for projects in the renewable sector. He is a forward thinker, who understands our business and whose advice is always precise and straightforward. He will find a way to solve any issue no matter how complex it is.’
Hidroelektrana Dabar d.o.o. Trebinje
Azvirt Limited Liability Company
- Advising Dabar HPP and ERS on the €220m contract for the construction and financing of the 160 MW power plant on river Trebisnjica.
- Advising Elektroprivreda Srbije on the construction of three hydro plants on the river Drina.
- Advised Partnera Oyj on the acquisition of a Finnish limited liability company KPA Unicon Group Oy.
Law firm SAJIC
Law firm SAJIC is known for its broad array of projects experience and is particularly renowned for its advice on telecoms and energy (particularly renewable) sector developments. It has a broad understanding of development regulations and procurement law in the Bosnian market, as well as expertise in project financing. Aleksandar Sajic and Tijana Kondic jointly head the team, with respective experience advising on large developments and complex regulatory matters.
Aleksandar Sajic; Tijana Kondic
DEL MESTRI, Banja Luka
- Advised DEL MESTRI on the construction of the first private elementary school in Bosnia & Herzegovina.
- Provided a due diligence report to INTERENERGO regarding the potential purchase of a wind power company.
- Representing Elektroprenos BIH in the process following the lawsuit by Elektroprivreda HZHB Mostar for payment of investments in Elektroprenos BH.