- Latin America
- United Kingdom - Solicitors
- United Kingdom - The Bar
- United States
- What is the GC Powerlist?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Africa Teams
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Central America
- Ireland Teams
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Middle East Teams
- Nordics Teams
- Russia Teams
- Switzerland Teams
- Client Intelligence Report
- Leadership insight
- Human rights insight
- MINT: the legal challenges of working and investing in emerging economies
- Response to Brexit
- An investigation of the GCC and Middle East legal market
- Litigation and regulatory challenges in financial services
- AI and the law tools of tomorrow:
A special report
- Scottish GCs
- North West clients
- Arbitration backing Africa's investment boom
- Baker McKenzie
- Paul Hastings
- Carlyle Kingswood Global
- GC DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION REPORTS
- Shaping diversity
- By the numbers: Diversity in the US
- How Genius is aiming to overcome the stereotype of male geekiness in technology startups
- Tony West is using his experience to improve diversity and inclusion within PepsiCo
- Prash Naik (Channel 4) talks about the 360° Diversity Charter
- Patrick Rowe describes Accenture's support of diversity
- Shaping the future of the Bar Roundtable
- Chief Marketing Officer Roundtable
- Dispute resolution in Africa roundtable
- GC Diversity and Inclusion Report
- Investing in Indonesia: the role of the in-house lawyer in growing markets
- The Legal Business 100 Debate
- GC Powerlist UK summer reception
- The Brexit debate
- AI and the law
- GC Powerlist: Middle East roundtable
- Alternative disputes: the role of arbitration in Turkey
- The risk debate
- Two visions of nearshoring
- Dissenting perspectives
- Developments in Panama
- The international arbitration summit
- The Global 100 debate - Chasing Alpha
Chambers of George Bompas QCLINCOLN'S INN, LONDON, WC2A 3XT, ENGLAND
- Work 020 7242 5524
- Fax 020 7831 7907
- 385 LONDON CHANCERY LANE WC2
- Work 020 7242 5524
4 Stone Buildings (Chambers of George Bompas QC)
Litigation and advice in the fields of company, commercial, financial services and insolvency law.
Qualified 1988, Middle Temple.
Chancery Bar Association.
London University (LLB); Oxford University (BCL).
Search News and Articles
Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to
(1)What are the different forms of investment one can use?
The rising level of investment scams poses a major threat to the financial security of many individuals. The speed with which the fraudsters operate and the methods they employ leaves little time for the target to question the proposition or recognise that it is a scam until it is too late.
One last hurdle – the signature of Czech President Miloš Zeman –before the so called Anti-Smoking Bill enters into force on 31 May 2017.
Competitor pay per click campaigns where a company bids for the name of a rival in the hope that a customer or client who searches for a particular company will not notice when a similar company, rather than the company they selected, appears in the search suggestions. This practice has always been regarded as a little underhand.
Gambling, from a legal and policy perspective, has been consistently defined by reference to the constitutive elements of involving a monetary consideration, an element of chance, and a prize having some inherent value. Although definitions can vary significantly from one jurisdiction to another, the general consensus has been that a game or scheme that requires players to stake something of value for a prize that is awarded due to the outcome of an uncertain event should be treated as “gambling.”
Transports publics fribourgeois Trafic (TPF TRAFIC) SA closed the financing of its maintenance and exploitation centre in the canton of Fribourg. The financing was partly made through a CHF 40 mio. private placement, a CHF 32 mio. secured bank loan and a CHF 55 mio. unsecured bank loan.
SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan (SyCipLaw) contributed the Philippine chapter of Icelandic law firm BBA’s handbook called the Geothermal Transparency Guide . The publication is intended to provide an overview of the legal and regulatory framework governing exploration, exploitation and production of electricity from geothermal resources. The Philippine chapter was contributed by SyCipLaw partners Hector M. de Leon, Jr. and Angel M. Salita, Jr.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQ) on investing in the Philippines, such as choosing the right corporate vehicle, the allowed areas of investment, tax incentives, and other key information: Read more...
Since 1 January 2017 the legal interest rate decreased from 2.25% to 2%. In fiscal matters and in matters involving the National Office for Social Security (NOSS) the rate remains 7% for now.
Mouhamed Kebe, Managing Partner of law firm GENI & KEBE, has been named as one of 2016’s top 50 business lawyers in Francophone Africa by Jeune Afrique .