Chambers of Alan Gourgey QC and Lexa Hilliard QCLINCOLN'S INN, LONDON, WC2A 3TG, ENGLAND
- Work 020 7831 6381
- Fax 020 7831 2575
- 1022 LONDON CHANCERY LANE WC2
- London Bar > Banking and finance (including consumer credit)
- London Bar > Commercial litigation
- London Bar > Company and partnership
- London Bar > Defamation and privacy
- London Bar > Fraud: civil
- London Bar > Insolvency
- London Bar > Intellectual property
- London Bar > IT and telecoms
- London Bar > Media and entertainment
- London Bar > Pensions
- London Bar > Private client: trusts and probate
- London Bar > Professional negligence
- London Bar > Property litigation
- London Bar > Set overviews: England and Wales
Within Banking and finance (including consumer credit) Banking and finance (including consumer credit) - Leading juniors
Within Commercial litigation, 11 Stone Buildings (Edward Cohen) is a third tier set,
11 Stone Buildings is ‘making a name for itself in areas outside its core strength in insolvency litigation'. Recent case highlights include VTB Capital v Nutritek International. Clients appreciate chambers’ ‘refreshingly modern approach', and say ‘there is some really good young talent coming through'.
Within Company and partnership, 11 Stone Buildings (Edward Cohen) is a third tier set,
11 Stone Buildings ‘has bulked up well in the last ten years or so in all business law related areas, including shareholder disputes'. The barristers ‘always have good availability and work to tight timeframes'.
Within Fraud: civil, 11 Stone Buildings (Edward Cohen) is a second tier set,
At 11 Stone Buildings, the ‘commercially minded' members are particularly well regarded for cross-border litigation. The fraud practice was strengthened by the arrival of Charles Samek QC from Littleton Chambers.
Within Insolvency, 11 Stone Buildings (Edward Cohen) is a second tier set,
11 Stone Buildings is ‘a very go-ahead and efficient outfit with a very strong insolvency section'. It excels at insolvency cases which spawn fraud and company law matters. The set is praised for its ‘cohesion across all levels of seniority', and is ‘particularly strong at the junior senior counsel level'.
Within Private client: trusts and probate Private client: trusts and probate - Leading juniors
Within Professional negligence, tier 5
The ‘approachable' team at 11 Stone Buildings has ‘a deep level of expertise and real strength in depth in professional negligence'.
Within Set overviews: England and Wales,
11 Stone Buildings is ‘a good all-round chambers that is up there with the market leaders'. Insolvency is a key strength, but the set also houses some big names in the areas of commercial litigation, civil fraud and media and entertainment. It has a robust domestic practice and continues to see an increase in international work, particularly from Russia and CIS countries. The clerks provide ‘excellent service delivery; they are always available, flexible and responsive'. Chambers director Michael Couling ‘runs a smooth ship and gets things sorted'; and ‘excellent senior clerk' Matthew Curness is ‘very helpful'. Offices in: London
Further information on 11 Stone Buildings (Chambers of Alan Gourgey QC and Lexa Hilliard QC)
Please choose from this list to view details of what we say about 11 Stone Buildings (Chambers of Alan Gourgey QC and Lexa Hilliard QC) in other jurisdictions.
Offices in London
- Banking and finance (including consumer credit) : Banking and finance (including consumer credit)
- Commercial litigation : Commercial litigation
- Company and partnership : Company and partnership
- Defamation and privacy : Defamation and privacy
- Fraud: civil : Fraud: civil
- IT and telecoms : IT and telecoms
- Insolvency : Insolvency
- Intellectual property : Intellectual property
- Media and entertainment : Media and entertainment
- Pensions : Pensions
- Private client: trusts and probate : Private client: trusts and probate
- Professional negligence : Professional negligence
- Property litigation : Property litigation