- Work 029 2048 2288
- Fax 029 2049 5588
- 200750 CARDIFF BAY
- Wales: Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cardiff and South Wales
- Wales: Human resources > Employment: Cardiff
- Wales: Insurance > Professional negligence
- Wales: Overview >
- Wales: Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Wales: Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Wales: Public sector > Public sector
- Wales: Real estate > Commercial property: Cardiff
- Wales: Real estate > Construction
- Wales: Real estate > Planning and environment
- Wales: Real estate > Property litigation
Wales: Corporate and commercial
Within Corporate and commercial: Cardiff and South Wales, Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
Acuity Legal Limited is the go-to niche practice in Wales. Stephen Berry receives consistently positive client feedback (he is ‘commercial’, and a ‘good negotiator’), and has built up a loyal client base. Standout deals in 2012 included a £15.5m fundraising exercise for IQE, led by the ‘technically strong’ Rachelle Sellek, and repeat transactional instructions from Capita and Eco2.
Wales: Dispute resolution
Within Commercial litigation, Acuity Legal Limited is a third tier firm,
Lyndon Richards handles litigation at Acuity Legal Limited, often with a property angle, and is currently advising on a number of property-related disputes for Battersea Place LLP. John Morris is also recommended.
Within Banking and finance, Acuity Legal Limited is a third tier firm,
Beverley Jones heads the banking team at Acuity Legal Limited, which advises lenders such as Julian Hodge and the Principality, and borrowers. It punches above its weight in terms of complexity and value of funding arrangements.
Wales: Human resources
Wales: Private client
Wales: Projects, energy and natural resources
Wales: Public sector
Within Public sector , Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
Deryn Rees at Acuity Legal Limited is recognised nationally for her expertise in the waste sector, advising on long-term projects and procurement. She advises West Sussex County Council across the spectrum of legal issues, including healthcare and education.
Wales: Real estate
Within Commercial property: Cardiff, Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
Jonathan Geen at Acuity Legal Limited remains the ‘go-to’ partner for significant property deals in South Wales, punching well above his weight in a competitive market. Geen takes the lead on developments such as the £500m Cardiff Waterfront project, advising Greenbank Partnerships.
Within Construction, Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
Lyndon Richards at Acuity Legal Limited has seen his practice move to a more equal balance of contentious and non-contentious contractual work, the increase in the latter area being largely on the back of the firm’s niche commercial property practice.
Within Planning and environment, Acuity Legal Limited is a third tier firm,
Steve Morris is the name to note at Acuity Legal Limited.
Wales: TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Within Intellectual property, Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
Rachelle Sellek at Acuity Legal Limited advises on commercial agreements relating to IP rights. Clients include Capita Group and its subsidiaries, and various sports professionals.
Within IT and telecoms, Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
Rachelle Sellek at Acuity Legal Limited advises technology businesses such as AIM-listed IQE plc on M&A transactions. The firm is ‘very good’ in terms of level of knowledge and value for money.
Further information on Acuity Legal Limited
Please choose from this list to view details of what we say about Acuity Legal Limited in other jurisdictions.
Offices in Cardiff
- Overview : Leading individuals
- Corporate and commercial : Corporate and commercial: Cardiff and South Wales
- Dispute resolution : Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution : Debt recovery
- Finance : Banking and finance
- Finance : Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Human resources : Employment: Cardiff
- Insurance : Professional negligence
- Private client : Charities and not-for-profit
- Projects, energy and natural resources : Project finance and PFI
- Public sector : Public sector
- Real estate : Commercial property: Cardiff
- Real estate : Construction
- Real estate : Planning and environment
- Real estate : Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Sport