- Work 029 2048 2288
- Fax 029 2049 5588
- 200750 CARDIFF BAY
- Wales > Public sector
- Wales: Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cardiff and South Wales
- Wales: Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Wales: Finance > Banking and finance
- Wales: Human resources > Employment: Cardiff
- Wales: Overview >
- Wales: Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Wales: Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Wales: Real estate > Commercial property: Cardiff
- Wales: Real estate > Construction
- Wales: Real estate > Planning and environment
- Wales: Real estate > Property litigation
Within Public sector, Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
Deryn Rees and Craig Griffiths at Acuity Legal Limited are leading commercial and public law advisers, with ‘deep and current knowledge of public contracts' and outstanding strength in procurement. The firm advises West Sussex County Council across a range of areas, including healthcare and education.
Wales: Corporate and commercial
Within Corporate and commercial: Cardiff and South Wales, Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
Acuity Legal Limited is ‘in a league of its own for corporate and commercial work in South Wales'; it is ‘always in control'. International transactional expert Paul Lowe joined from Eversheds LLP, in a significant hire which bolsters an already impressive team. The ‘extremely knowledgeable' and ‘responsive'Stephen Berry is highly respected, and Rachelle Sellek is also recommended. Significant instructions in 2013 came from Mansford Helios/Verdion Properties, LifeCare Residences, IQE plc, and Eco 2.
Wales: Dispute resolution
Within Commercial litigation, Acuity Legal Limited is a third tier firm,
Lyndon Richards heads the team at Acuity Legal Limited, and his background in construction disputes is an asset to a firm with such a strong renewables and property development/regeneration client base. Gareth Roberts has been promoted to associate, while John Morris has left the practice.
Within Banking and finance, Acuity Legal Limited is a third tier firm,
Acuity Legal Limited saw the arrival in 2013 of Paul Lowe, previously head of corporate finance at Eversheds LLP. The banking team, led by Beverley Jones, is ‘very responsive and always commercial', and acts for lenders and borrowers. Standout work in 2013 included funding advice to IQE plc, LifeCare Residences, and West Sussex Council. Gareth Baker was promoted to partner.
Wales: Human resources
Within Employment: Cardiff, tier 4
James Moss heads the team at Acuity Legal Limited, which advises public and private sector employers on strategic, TUPE and contentious issues. Moss is recommended for contentious work, and is noted for his ‘expert knowledge' and ‘robust representation'.
Wales: Private client
Wales: Projects, energy and natural resources
Within Project finance and PFI, Acuity Legal Limited is a third tier firm,
Christian Farrow heads the team at Acuity Legal Limited, which provides ‘City-level service at provincial prices'. It advised longstanding client Eco2 Ltd on the sale of its biomass plant in Lincolnshire, for more than £160m; and acted for Coastal Oil & Gas Ltd and UK Methane Ltd on the sale of methane gas exploration rights. Craig Griffiths advises West Sussex County Council on state aid and procurement issues.
Wales: Real estate
Within Commercial property: Cardiff, Acuity Legal Limited is a third tier firm,
Jonathan Geen’s team at Acuity Legal Limited punches above its weight, attracting instructions on significant projects from developer clients across the UK. It continued to advise the Greenbank Partnership in relation to the Cardiff Waterfront development in 2013, and also advised in relation to the Eco2 renewable energy plant in Brigg. Recently promoted partner Gareth Baker led on significant deals for Rightacres Property Co.
Within Construction, Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
At Acuity Legal Limited, Lyndon Richards led on construction advice relating Battersea Place in London, and the purpose-built campus at Cardiff and Vale College.
Within Planning and environment, Acuity Legal Limited is a third tier firm,
Stephen Morris at Acuity Legal Limited is recommended for property development matters.
Wales: TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Within Intellectual property, Acuity Legal Limited is a second tier firm,
Within IT and telecoms, Acuity Legal Limited is a third tier firm,
Transactional lawyer Rachelle Sellek at Acuity Legal Limited advises technology businesses such as AIM-listed IQE plc. Christian Farrow and Craig Griffiths are noted for commercial advice to technology firms.
Further information on Acuity Legal Limited
Please choose from this list to view details of what we say about Acuity Legal Limited in other jurisdictions.
Offices in Cardiff
- Overview : Leading individuals
- Corporate and commercial : Corporate and commercial: Cardiff and South Wales
- Dispute resolution : Commercial litigation
- Finance : Banking and finance
- Human resources : Employment: Cardiff
- Private client : Charities and not-for-profit
- Projects, energy and natural resources : Project finance and PFI
- Public sector : Public sector
- Real estate : Commercial property: Cardiff
- Real estate : Construction
- Real estate : Planning and environment
- Real estate : Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Sport