- Work 020 7367 8000
- Fax 020 7367 8001
- 206 LONDON CHANCERY LANE WC2
- London: Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- London: Corporate and commercial > M&A: mid-market, £50m-£250m
- London: Crime, fraud and licensing > Corporate crime (including fraud, bribery and corruption)
- London: Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- London: Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- London: Dispute resolution > Public international law
- London: Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- London: Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
London: Corporate and commercial
Within M&A: mid-market, £50m-£250m, tier 5
Michael Thompson leads the four-partner team at Steptoe & Johnson, which includes the newly promoted Michael Fox. Its client base mirrors its specialisms in retail, technology, property and manufacturing and includes Spark Networks, Emerisque Brands and Illinois Tool Works.
London: Crime, fraud and licensing
Within Corporate crime (including fraud, bribery and corruption), Steptoe & Johnson is a third tier firm,
At Steptoe & Johnson, Patrick Rappo ’s growing team includes Jeffery Cottle , who joined from BHP Billiton. The firm has ‘excellent knowledge' of enforcement on a global scale. Rappo previously worked for the SFO.
London: Dispute resolution
Within Public international law, Steptoe & Johnson is a third tier firm,
Steptoe & Johnson has ‘excellent appreciation of all aspects of public international law'. The team acted on applications before ICSID tribunals, including obtaining an injunction against the Government of Zimbabwe to protect the life and safety of the claimants. Patrick Norton and Matthew Coleman are highly regarded.
Within Insurance and reinsurance litigation, tier 5
Steptoe & Johnson’s experience includes reinsurance fraud, environmental coverage and cases involving hazardous products. Department head Angus Rodger has particular expertise in financial services, with recent matters including an LCIA arbitration regarding an alleged $1bn fraud.
Within Insurance: corporate and regulatory, tier 4
Steptoe & Johnson’s recent work includes pension buy-ins/buyouts and advice to insurers in relation to PPI issues. Department head Angus Rodger is currently assisting FirstAssist Insurance Services with a range of regulatory and transactional matters. Other clients include CIGNA and P&O.
London: Real estate
Within Commercial property, tier 4
‘Professional, appropriately knowledgeable and the equal of larger practices', Steptoe & Johnson is acting for Bride Hall on a number of mixed-use schemes, and continues to advise data centre provider Telecity Group. Brendan Patterson, Matthew Farmer and Sam Kelly are recommended.
Further information on Steptoe & Johnson LLP
Please choose from this list to view details of what we say about Steptoe & Johnson LLP in other jurisdictions.
Offices in Brussels
- Competition : Competition
- Customs, trade, WTO and anti-dumping : Customs, trade, WTO and anti-dumping
- EU regulatory : Chemicals (REACH)
- EU regulatory : Environment (including WEEE and RoHS)
- EU regulatory : Financial services
- EU regulatory : Food
Offices in London
- Corporate and commercial : EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial : M&A: mid-market, £50m-£250m
- Crime, fraud and licensing : Corporate crime (including fraud, bribery and corruption)
- Dispute resolution : Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution : International arbitration
- Dispute resolution : Public international law
- Insurance : Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Insurance : Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Real estate : Commercial property
- Real estate : Construction