TOP tier recommendations
Kenya: Corporate and commercial
Within Corporate and commercial, Coulson Harney Advocates is a first tier firm,
Coulson Harney Advocates ‘understands the commercial imperatives of the client’, and provides ‘an impressive service, which is certainly value for money’. The firm is particularly active in the telecoms sector, where clients include France Telecom and Safaricom. Additionally, ‘tough negotiator’ Richard Harney recently advised East African Breweries, Kenya Breweries and Diageo Africa on the acquisition of SAB Miller’s $225m shareholding in Kenya Breweries, while Philip Coulson ‘ensures that parties are left in a "win-win" situation’. Angela Waki is also recommended.
Kenya: Privatisation and projects
Within Privatisation and projects, Coulson Harney Advocates is a second tier firm,
Richard Harney at Coulson Harney Advocates recently advised a coal mining company and its Kenyan partners on a concession from the Kenyan government to mine coal reserves in the Mui Basin. He also assisted Sophia Karen Ltd with the development of a property in Nairobi and its subsequent leasing to GEMS Education.
Further information on Bowman Gilfillan
Please choose from this list to view details of what we say about Bowman Gilfillan in other jurisdictions.
Offices in Nairobi
- Corporate and commercial : Corporate and commercial
- Privatisation and projects : Privatisation and projects
- Banking and finance : Banking and finance
- Competition : Competition
- Corporate and M&A : Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution : Dispute resolution
- Investment funds : Investment funds
- Labour and employment : Labour and employment
- Mining : Mining
- Projects and infrastructure : Projects and infrastructure
- Shipping : Shipping
- Tax : Tax