- Work +852 3512 2300
- Fax +852 2522 1760
Within Capital markets (equity), tier 4
O’Melveny & Myers LLP has a dynamic mid-market practice and is a regular adviser to PRC issuers and key underwriters. Gigi Woo is the primary partner in Hong Kong.
Within Corporate (including M&A), tier 5
O’Melveny & Myers LLP remains actively engaged in PRC private equity and growth market transactions. It recently advised 7 Days Group in connection with the going-private bid by the company’s founders and investor sponsors. James Ford heads the department.
Within Dispute resolution, tier 4
Though better known for arbitration, O’Melveny & Myers LLP is increasingly active in regulatory matters and investigations as well as Hong Kong court litigation. Team leader Friven Yeoh recently advised Xiamen Xinjingdi in a Hong Kong Court of Appeal matter relating to the enforcement of a CIETAC arbitration award.
Within International arbitration, O’Melveny & Myers LLP is a second tier firm,
O’Melveny & Myers LLP has a good arbitration heritage and Friven Yeoh is continuing these traditions in Hong Kong. His Mandarin language skills and his advocacy are thought to be first class. Much of the practice has a PRC nexus, though Southeast Asia and India cases also feature.
Within Investment funds, O’Melveny & Myers LLP is a third tier firm,
The ‘very experienced and cost-effective’ team at O’Melveny & Myers LLP delivers ‘creative and tailored advice’. The group recently acted for Sino-Century China Private Equity Partners on establishing a US dollar denominated fund for investment in Greater China. James Ford is the Hong Kong contact.
Within Private equity, O’Melveny & Myers LLP is a third tier firm,
O’Melveny & Myers LLP has a solid private equity heritage and James Ford has worked hard to keep up its traditions in Hong Kong. Classic US-based private equity houses and Asian sovereign wealth funds drive much of the practice.
Within Restructuring and insolvency, O’Melveny & Myers LLP is a second tier firm,
The ‘strong and focused’ lawyers at O’Melveny & Myers LLP deliver ‘excellent technical advice and innovative ideas’. The practice is led by Mark Fairbairn, who is ‘commercially sensitive and determined to get the right outcome for his clients’. Fairbairn acted for FTI Consulting (Asia), the Provisional liquidators of Grande Holdings, on an application in the US under Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code. Recent personnel changes saw David Johnson and counsel Damien Coles relocate from the US and Singapore respectively.
Further information on O'Melveny & Myers LLP
Please choose from this list to view details of what we say about O'Melveny & Myers LLP in other jurisdictions.
Offices in Brussels
- Corporate and M&A : Foreign firms
- Dispute resolution : Foreign firms
- Intellectual property : Foreign firms
- Private equity/venture capital : Foreign firms
- Real estate : Foreign firms
- TMT : Foreign firms
- Tax : Foreign firms
Offices in Hong Kong
- Capital markets (equity) : Capital markets (equity)
- Corporate (including M&A) : Corporate (including M&A)
- Dispute resolution : Dispute resolution
- International arbitration : International arbitration
- Investment funds : Investment funds
- Private equity : Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency : Restructuring and insolvency
Offices in Jakarta
- Banking and finance : Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A : Corporate and M&A
- Foreign firms : Foreign firms
Offices in Tokyo
- Antitrust and competition law : International firms and joint ventures
- Corporate and M&A : International firms and joint ventures
- Dispute resolution : International firms and joint ventures
- Intellectual property : International firms and joint ventures
- Labour and employment : International firms and joint ventures
Offices in London
Offices in Singapore
- Banking and finance : Local firms
- Banking and finance : Foreign firms
- Capital markets : Foreign firms
- Corporate and M&A : Foreign firms
- Restructuring and insolvency : Local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency : Foreign firms