- London: Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- London: Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- London: Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- London: Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- London: Dispute resolution > Defamation and privacy
- London: Real estate > Commercial property
London: Corporate and commercial
London: Crime, fraud and licensing
London: Dispute resolution
Within Defamation and privacy, Wiggin LLP is a second tier firm,
Specialist media firm Wiggin LLP ‘seems to be everywhere’ lately, and is attracting ‘interesting work’. Highlights included successfully defending Channel 4 against an attempt by Viagogo to injunct a broadcast of its Dispatches programme; and acting for Random House in a defamation claim brought by Michael Caborn-Waterfield over Jacqueline Gold’s autobiography. Lead partner Caroline Kean is particularly highly rated.
London: Real estate
London: TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Within Intellectual property, tier 4
Wiggin LLP advises media and technology sector clients on soft IP protection and litigation matters. Clients include the Motion Picture Association, CSC Media Group and Virgin Media. Simon Baggs and Shaun Lowde are the key contacts.
Within Media and entertainment, Wiggin LLP is a first tier firm,
‘Gold-standard’ media firm Wiggin LLP has ‘the best media lawyers at a very fair rate’, and advises on film, television, music, computer games, digital media, and publishing. The ‘outstandingly capable’ Sean James, Shaun Lowde and Jason Chess co-head the broadcasting and digital content team. James and Ross Sylvester assisted Liberty Global subsidiary UPC Ireland on consolidating Sky’s channel and content offering on the Irish cable network. Film and TV lawyers Charles Moore and Miles Ketley handle ‘high-level international production matters’ for 20th Century Fox. They advised HBO on A Game of Thrones, Aver Media on Diana, and Paramount Pictures on World War Z. Caroline Kean’s publishing team advises Cambridge University Press and Random House. Head of litigation Simon Baggs, who also leads the music practice, and ‘great diplomat’ Alexander Ross advise the MPA following Baggs’ High Court success in the Newzbin case. Ross also advised Fintage House on its acquisition of the Rights Agency. Other clients include Sony Computer Entertainment and BBC Worldwide. Nav Sunner heads the computer games practice. Guy Sheppard and Sarah Bing were promoted to the partnership.
Within Media finance, Wiggin LLP is a first tier firm,
Wiggin LLP’s ‘commercial and pragmatic’ team acts for film funds (such as Silver Reel and Ingenious Media), banks (Coutts & Co, Bank Leumi, and Union Bank of California), producers and distributors (Lionsgate and Constantin) and independent producers (Blueprint, DNA Films, and Trademark Films). The ‘commercially driven and resourceful’ David Quli and Daniel Whybrew advised Aver Media on Diana. Quli and Charles Moore, noted for ‘his extensive industry experience’, advised Pinewood Shepperton on the Isle of Man film fund.
Further information on Wiggin LLP
Please choose from this list to view details of what we say about Wiggin LLP in other jurisdictions.
Offices in London
- Corporate and commercial : Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial : M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Crime, fraud and licensing : Gaming and betting
- Dispute resolution : Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution : Defamation and privacy
- Real estate : Commercial property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Media and entertainment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Media finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Sport