- Latin America
- United Kingdom - Solicitors
- United Kingdom - The Bar
- United States
- What is the GC Powerlist?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- UK Regional Powerlist
- United Kingdom
- United Kingdom - In-house Teams
- United Kingdom - Rising Stars
- United States
- United States - In-house Teams
- United States - Rising Stars
- How do the awards work?
- The Legal 500 United States Awards 2015 - In-house winners
- The Legal 500 United States Awards 2015 - Law firm winners
- The Legal 500 United States Awards 2014 - In-house winners
- The Legal 500 United States Awards 2014 - Law firm winners
- The Legal 500 United Kingdom Awards 2014
- The Legal 500 Latin America Awards (coming soon)
- The Legal 500 Germany Awards (coming soon)
- Frequently asked questions
- Business thinking
- In-house management
- Career path
- Legal perspective
- Big picture
- In discussion
- Interrogating value
- GC interviews
- Doing it differently
- What I want from my GC
- From client to colleague: Github
- Welcome to lawyerland
- Learning how to be good from the 'bad' guys
- LinkedIn's legal department
- The dark side of the moon
- In-house got talent
- The Legal 500 roundtable - Munich 2015
- GC roundtable - talent management
- GC Powerlist Brazil roundtable
- Mexico City: GC Powerlist discussion
- Corporate Counsel Summit
- GC Powerlist United States roundtable
- General Counsel: United States
- Financial litigation
- Legal Business 100 Debate
- Leveraged Finance Debate
- Legal Business Global 100 Debate
- Intellectual property: debate
- Private equity
Search News and Articles
Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to
The winners of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards for Asia-Pacific were announced on the 10th June 2015 at an awards ceremony held in Hong Kong.
E-tailers are more often than not unwilling to maintain resale price according to what the manufacturer expects. So much so that, along with the ease of ‘cash on delivery’, consumers in India have now come to expect lower prices for products they buy online.
The recent decision in Shreya Singhal v Union of India by the Indian Supreme Court striking down the much maligned Section 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (IT Act) is undoubtedly a watershed judgment in Indian Constitutional jurisprudence.
Growth, adoption and market share; these three words form the basis of the business strategies of millions of start-ups around the world including thousands in India. Profitability is almost a profanity in the start-up world; investors often advise start-ups to have a single-minded dedication to growth and to not worry about profits. Consequently, start-ups in India have been able to enter with a big bang offering goods and services at a price range that was unthinkable only a few years ago. Their strategies have included bumper discounts, large-scale marketing and possibly even pricing below cost. Some of these pricing strategies have been in play in the automotive aggregator space where players such as Ola and Uber have adopted very aggressive pricing and marketing strategies that have even driven out competitors like Taxi For Sure out of the market. Thus far, the sustainability of these pricing practices and the valuations of these companies has only been debated amongst industry experts ad nauseam even as more and more companies obtain millions of dollars of VC funding on the basis of the same model.
Nitto Denko v Union of India- Committee Report on compensatory measures for delays and provision for expedited examination at the Indian Patent office
Aldous Huxley is known to have famously said “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” One such brutally ignored fact would be the plunder of cultural heritage around the world and the up to US$3 billion plundered art and antiquities trade that it contributes to. 
Anand and Anand has taken several steps recently to strengthen its leadership pipeline. The firm, which recently concluded its 90 years’ celebrations, has been named as the “Employer of Choice” by Asian Legal Business and clearly intends to maintain its leadership position in IP.
Managing Intellectual Property has awarded Anand and Anand - Firm of the Year 2015 India Contentious Firm in the MIP Global Awards 2015.
Certain important and recent case laws in this area are set out below.
Certain important legal developments in this area are set out below.