- Latin America
- United Kingdom - Solicitors
- United Kingdom - The Bar
- United States
- What is the GC Powerlist?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Africa Teams
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Central America
- Ireland Teams
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Middle East Teams
- Nordics Teams
- Russia Teams
- Switzerland Teams
- Client Intelligence Report
- Leadership insight
- Human rights insight
- MINT: the legal challenges of working and investing in emerging economies
- Response to Brexit
- An investigation of the GCC and Middle East legal market
- Litigation and regulatory challenges in financial services
- AI and the law tools of tomorrow:
A special report
- Scottish GCs
- North West clients
- Arbitration backing Africa's investment boom
- Business thinking
- In-house management
- Career path
- Legal perspective
- Big picture
- In discussion
- Interrogating value
- GC interviews
- A tangled web - innovation, IP and patent trolls
- Only connect: Herminia Ibarra on leadership, collaboration and the future organisation
- Pioneering not preservation>
- In-house life: John Harrison, Airbus
GC Diversity & Inclusion Report 2016
- Shaping the future of the Bar Roundtable
- Chief Marketing Officer Roundtable
- Dispute resolution in Africa roundtable
- GC Diversity and Inclusion Report
- Investing in Indonesia: the role of the in-house lawyer in growing markets
- The Legal Business 100 Debate
- GC Powerlist UK summer reception
- The Brexit debate
- AI and the law
- GC Powerlist: Middle East roundtable
- Alternative disputes: the role of arbitration in Turkey
- The risk debate
- Two visions of nearshoring
- Dissenting perspectives
- Developments in Panama
- The international arbitration summit
- The Global 100 debate - Chasing Alpha
Search News and Articles
Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to
The July 2016 issue of the Asian Legal Business (ALB) Asia Edition included a regional update article entitled “Single Entry Approach: Mandatory Conciliation and Mediation of Labor Disputes”, contributed by SyCipLaw partner Marianne M. Miguel and SyCipLaw Associate Mary Grace L. Javier .
The Fall 2015 issue of the American Bar Association (ABA) included an International Law News article entitled “Justice Antonio T. Carpio, Supreme Court of the Philippines, on the South China Sea Dispute” contributed by SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan (SyCipLaw) Special Counsel Albert Vincent Y. Yu Chang .
The July/August issue of the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) included an international briefing article entitled “Renewable energy projects”. The article was contributed by SyCipLaw partner Rafael L. Encarnacion .
The Philippine section of Getting the Deal Through: Aviation Finance & Leasing 2015 was contributed by SyCipLaw senior associate Bhong Paulo A. Macasaet with associates Aldous Benjamin C. Camiso , Diana S. Gervacio , and Maricar G. Ramos . The section talks about the laws and regulation of Aviation Finance and Leasing in the Philippines, Title Transfer, Registration of Aircraft Ownership and Lease Interests, Security, Enforcement Measures, Taxes and Payment Restrictions, Insurance and Reinsurance, and Update and Trends.
The August 2016 issue of the Asian Legal Business (ALB) Asia Edition includes a regional update by SyCipLaw partner Maria Teresa Mercado-Ferrer entitled “A Need to Clarify Powers of the Philippine Economic Zone Authority and Local Government Units Relative to Peza-Registered BPO Companies”. The regional update can be found on page 15.
The Philippine chapter of The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Patents 2017 was contributed by SyCipLaw partners Enrique T. Manuel and Vida M. Panganiban-Alindogan . Mr. Manuel heads the firm’s Intellectual Property department. The chapter includes information on patent enforcement, patent amendment, licensing, patent term extension, patent prosecution and opposition, border control measures, Antitrust Law and inequitable conduct, and current developments.
Client Alert: SyCipLaw secures 1st merger clearance from PCC: Acquisition by Sanofi of the CHC BusinThe Philippine Competition Commission (PCC) has issued its first merger clearance under the implementing rules and regulations of the Philippine Competition Act. The clearance was for the proposed acquisition by Sanofi of the CHC business of Boehringer Ingelham. SyCipLaw acted as Philippine antitrust counsel to Sanofi.
The National Privacy Commission (NPC) has issued the implementing rules and regulations of the Data Privacy Act of 2012. The rules, promulgated on August 24, 2016, will take effect 15 days from publication in the Official Gazette.
Client Alert: Prohibition on Labor-Only Contracting and the Suspension of Registration of New ContraOn July 28, 2016, the Department of Labor and Employment (“DOLE”) issued Labor Advisory No 10-2016 (“Advisory”) reiterating the prohibition against labor-only contracting and Department Order No. 162-2016 (“Department Order”) suspending the registration of new applicants as contractors or subcontractors under Department Order No. 18-A (“DO 18-A”).
The September issue of the International Financial Law Review (IFLR) included an international briefing article entitled “Promoting Foreign Investment”. The article was contributed by SyCipLaw partner Carina C. Laforteza and associate Lito Paolo T. Martin II .