- Work +63 2 982 3700
- Fax +63 2 817 3896
- Work +63 2 9823500
Special Projects; Banking, Finance & Securities.
Vicente D. Gerochi IV is a partner in SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan. He is a member of the firm’s Special Projects and Banking, Finance and Securities practice groups.
Mr. Gerochi has represented Philippine and multinational corporations, local and international banks, and multilateral financial institutions in public offering of securities and other securities and financial transactions, and advises on securities regulation, corporate and project finance, mergers and acquisitions, foreign investments, and transport infrastructure.
His significant projects include:
- Asian Development Bank’s inaugural peso bond issue
- Asian Development Bank’s Asian Currency Note Programme
- Ayala Land’s Homestarter Bond offerings
- Financing of the equity contribution of one of the shareholders of National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (cited as one of the Deals of the Year 2009 by Singapore-based Asian Counsel magazine)
- Financing of the extension and rehabilitation of South Luzon Expressway
- Completion of Ninoy Aquino International Airport - Terminal 3
- Manila LRT Line 1 south extension
- Implementation and financing of Manila Rail Transit Line 7
- Restructuring of DP World’s equity interest in Asian Terminals Inc.
- Sale of the Philippine government’s shares in PNOC Energy Development Corporation
- Sale of Saudi Aramco’s 40% equity interest in Petron Corporation
- Sale of a 30% indirect equity stake in National Grid Corporation of the Philippines
- Sale of El Paso’s power generation assets in the Philippines
- Sale of ING Bank’s trust and investment management business to Bank of the Philippine Islands
Mr. Gerochi is a Fellow of the Center for International Legal Studies (CILS), a non-profit research, training and law publications institute based in Austria. He authors the Philippine chapter of the International Securities Law and Regulation publication of CILS.
He spoke on Philippine Foreign Investment Regulations and Treaty Commitments at the International Malaysia Law Conference held on 26-28 September 2012 in Kuala Lumpur. He read a paper on Philippine Foreign Investment Regulations at the Asian Legal Business In-House Legal Summit held on 30 November 2011 in Beijing. He was a speaker in the Corporate Governance Seminar jointly sponsored by the Financial Executives of the Philippines and the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants held on 26 March 2004.
He was a lecturer in the Ateneo Law School from 1996 to 1998.
He obtained his J.D. (with honors) from the Ateneo de Manila University in 1993, and his LL.M. (with honors) from Columbia University in New York in 1999.
Projects and energy
Within: Projects and energy
SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan’s team, headed by Rocky Reyes, counts Metro Pacific, San Miguel and BHP Billiton among its clients. Vicente Gerochi IV acted for Hanwha Q Cells Korea on the engineering, procurement and construction aspects of the Digos Solar Project in Davao.