- Work +63 2 982 3700
- Fax +63 2 817 3896
Aaron Roi Riturban
- Work +63 2 9823500
Banking, Finance & Securities; Special Projects; Mining & Natural Resources; Environmental Law.
Aaron Roi B. Riturban is a partner in SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan. He is a member of the firm’s Banking, Finance & Securities and Special Projects practice groups.
Mr. Riturban has advised foreign clients and their local partners on their investments in highly regulated industries such as mining, power generation, banking, and infrastructure development. He has negotiated, drafted and reviewed agreements covering conveyances, leases, loans, supply and customer contracts for multinational corporations as well as local clients. He has likewise negotiated and drafted transaction documents, correspondence, and legal memoranda, and advised consortium-bidders in connection with public biddings for the privatization of the sole electricity transmission company of the Philippines and for the operation of a hydroelectric power plant.
His significant projects include:
- acquisition of shares in Manila Electric Company, the sole electricity distribution company in Metro Manila;
- acquisition of controlling shares in the holding and operating companies of a major toll road in the Philippines;
- rehabilitation and development of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport;
- US$300 million bond issuance by SMC Global Power Holdings Corp.;
- acquisition of shares in the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines, the sole electricity transmission company in the Philippines;
- acquisition of shares in mining companies, including the sale of Anglo American Exploration (Philippines) BV, shares in Cordillera Exploration Co., Inc., and the purchase of shares in Crescent Mining and Development Corporation by Gold Fields Australia Pty Ltd;
- development of the Kingking Gold Project for St. Augustine Mining Ltd.; and
- project financing for wind-power companies operating in the Philippines.
He joined the firm in November 2005.
Mr. Riturban was admitted to the Philippine Bar in 2006. He obtained his Juris Doctor (with honors) from the Ateneo de Manila University in 2005 and obtained a Dual Degree in Law & The Global Economy from the New York University School of Law and the National University of Singapore in March 2009.
Banking and finance
Within: Banking and finance
The ‘very reliable, extremely hardworking’ team at SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan is ‘technically very sound’. Led by of counsel Mia Gentugaya, its clients include Deutsche Bank, Standard Chartered Bank and Credit Suisse. The ‘very commercially minded’ Ken Ferrer is also recommended. Aaron Riturban made partner in January 2016.
Within: Capital markets
The ‘technically very sound’ team at SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan is ‘very reliable and extremely hardworking’. Clients include Credit Suisse and Macquarie Capital. The ‘very commercial’ Ken Ferrer is recommended. Aaron Riturban made partner in January 2016.
Within: Dispute resolution
SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan’s department is led by Ricardo Ongkiko and includes newly promoted partners Aaron Riturban and Franco Larcina. AkzoNobel, Bank of the Philippine Islands and BMW are clients.