The Legal 500

Twitter Logo Youtube Circle Icon LinkedIn Icon

Bae, Kim & Lee LLC

Work +82 2 3404 0000
Fax +82 2 3404 0001
Beijing, Dubai, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Seoul and 1 more

Show all Press releases

BKL Partner Wu Cheol SONG Named “Disputes Star of the Year”

October 2017

Wu Cheol SONG, a senior partner at Bae, Kim & Lee LLC (“BKL”), was named the “Disputes Star of the Year” in South Korea at the Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards 2017 held on September 28, 2017 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hong Kong.

Since 2015, Asialaw, the legal publishing arm of global business and finance magazine Euromoney, nominates leading dispute resolution law firms and lawyers in 13 practice areas across 14 jurisdictions around the Asia-Pacific region each year. The “Disputes Star of the Year” is a prestigious award given to the single most prominent dispute resolution practitioner in each country, among attorneys who specialize in litigation and international arbitration across the Asia-Pacific region.

BKL’s reputation as a litigation powerhouse was confirmed by the recognition of its partner as “Disputes Star of the Year” for the third consecutive year. Senior partner Kap-You (Kevin) KIM first won the award in 2015, followed by senior foreign attorney John P. BANG in 2016 and Mr. SONG this year.

In response to his win at this year’s Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards, Mr. SONG commented as follows: “Founded as a litigation boutique firm, BKL has long been regarded as the undisputed leader among Korean law firms in the areas of litigation and dispute resolution. In addition to having established the Comprehensive Litigation Support Group in 2015, our firm consistently hires outstanding dispute resolution lawyers to further enhance our capabilities as a top litigation firm. I am deeply honored to receive this highly coveted award on behalf of our firm.”

Legal Developments by:
Bae, Kim & Lee LLC

Legal Developments in South Korea

Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to