- North West: Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime
- North West: Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- North West: Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- North West: Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- North West: Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- North West: Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- North West: Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- North West: Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- North West: Human resources > Employment
- North West: Human resources > Health and safety
- North West: Human resources > Pensions
- North West: Insurance > Professional negligence
- North West: Overview >
- North West: Overview > Regional review
- North West: Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- North West: Public sector > Local government
- North West: Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- North West: Real estate > Construction
- North West: Real estate > Planning and environment
- North West: Real estate > Property litigation
- North West: TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- North West: TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- North West: TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- North West: Transport > Transport
North West: Corporate and commercial
Within Corporate and commercial: Manchester, Pannone LLP is a third tier firm,
Pannone LLP’s ‘strong corporate team’ is ‘able to pull together clear, commercially based advice’ on mid-market M&A transactions, with particular expertise in private equity work. Corporate finance head Philip Treanor is ‘very experienced, commercial in his approach, and an excellent leader through a transaction process’. He acted for vendors and management on the £14m MBO of WEMS International. Steven Grant advised Manchester Airport on the Humberside Airport disposal. Udo Pope has experience in transport sector matters, and commercial lawyer Amanda Howlett is also recommended.
Within Corporate tax, Pannone LLP is a second tier firm,
At Pannone LLP, corporate tax lawyer Simon Moulden has broad experience in transactional matters, recently advising Manchester Airport Group, WEMS and Mardix Holdings.
North West: Crime, fraud and licensing
Within Crime, Pannone LLP is a first tier firm,
Headed by Anthony Barnfather, Pannone LLP represents senior management and major corporate institutions in internal investigations and enforcement proceedings. The firm is currently advising on major SFO, HMRC and FSA investigations, including defending former chief executive of JJB Chris Ronnie against allegations of fraud.
North West: Dispute resolution
Within Commercial litigation: Manchester, Pannone LLP is a second tier firm,
Pannone LLP has been handling cases, including corporate and partnership disputes, at High Court and appellate level, and acts for a variety of longstanding regional clients. Team head Paul Jonson and Simon Pedley focus on corporate and commercial cases. Kit Sorrell is ‘an old-school litigator with a brilliant strategic mind, and provides sound commercial, no-nonsense advice’ to professional negligence claimants.
North West: Finance
Within Banking and finance, tier 4
Pannone LLP’s ‘commercial, sensible and very deal-focused’ team recently advised lenders as well as some borrowers on corporate and real estate finance transactions. Panel clients include The Co-operative Bank, Santander, RBS, and Lloyds Banking Group. Rob Fawke is ‘good at providing practical, no-nonsense business-focused advice’. Caroline Dawson-Gerrard is ‘an excellent and direct negotiator, and very disciplined in driving transactions forward’. Andrew Gosnay has left the firm.
North West: Human resources
Within Employment, Pannone LLP is a second tier firm,
Pannone LLP’s clients include the Bank of England, Transport for Greater Manchester and Manchester City Council. Head of the employment team Jim Lister ‘understands business, asks great questions, makes appropriate suggestions and helps manage risk’. Fiona Hamor is also recommended.
Within Health and safety, Pannone LLP is a third tier firm,
Pannone LLP’s department head Anthony Barnfather is recommended along with Lee Hughes, who ‘has a very good understanding of retail and the impact of new legislation’.
North West: Insurance
Within Clinical negligence: claimant, Pannone LLP is a first tier firm,
Pannone LLP’s large and vastly experienced clinical negligence team continues to attract instructions on maximum-severity cases, including birth injury and other acquired child and adult brain injury claims. Stephen Jones is ‘top quality’, and Gill Edwards is ‘a very impressive solicitor who uses her nursing background to good effect’. Jenny Urwin is ‘clever, thorough and always on top of her cases’.
Within Personal injury: claimant, Pannone LLP is a first tier firm,
Pannone LLP’s team, which is headed by Richard Scorer, handles a wide range of work including catastrophic injury claims, child abuse cases, actions against the police and travel claims. Recent instructions include a number of high-profile child sex abuse claims. Pauline Chandler, who is ‘very knowledgeable and easy to talk to’, has a strong reputation in asbestos work. Carol Jackson is a ‘very thorough, client-friendly’ litigator. Kim Harrison was promoted to the partnership in 2012. Nadia Kerr has left the legal profession.
North West: Private client
Within Charities and not-for-profit, Pannone LLP is a second tier firm,
Pannone LLP continues to act for Manchester Sport and Leisure Trust, which was set up by Manchester City Council. Team head Steven Grant is recommended along with the ‘very knowledgeable and understanding’ Udo Pope. Jane Lee recently joined from Addleshaw Goddard LLP.
Within Contentious trusts and probate, Pannone LLP is a first tier firm,
Pannone LLP’s team is jointly led by ‘clear thinker’ Simon Pedley and Nicola Marchant, who is ‘tenacious in seeking the correct outcome’. The firm regularly acts for claimants, executors and beneficiaries in a variety of Inheritance Act claims.
Within Family, Pannone LLP is a first tier firm,
Despite a number of departures and the closure of the firm’s Hale and Alderley Edge offices, Pannone LLP’s family team remains one of the best respected in the region. The ‘truly empathetic’ Liz Cowell is recommended for divorce work. Andrew Newbury heads the department.
Within Personal tax, trusts and probate, Pannone LLP is a first tier firm,
Pannone LLP is well known for its dedicated Court of Protection team, which is led by Lucy Nicol. Liz Braude heads the wills, trust and estate planning team, which advises wealthy individuals. Gillian Hitchen is ‘approachable, caring and extremely competent’.
North West: Public sector
North West: Real estate
Within Commercial property: Manchester, Pannone LLP is a second tier firm,
Pannone LLP provides ‘a solid, professional service’, and recently advised Urban Splash on the sale of a high-value rent portfolio. Department head Stephen Lintott, who is ‘very commercial and technically very strong’, is recommended for complex transactions. The team also includes Stephen Chalcraft, who is ‘very sound legally, and commercially astute’; Stephen Crook, who is ‘very approachable and demonstrates a willingness to understand a client’s business’; Penny Cranston, who acted for Spiritbond Finsbury Park on a development scheme; and Samantha Blackburn.
Within Construction, Pannone LLP is a third tier firm,
Pannone LLP has been advising on contractual, procurement and contentious matters in relation to infrastructure developments, with clients including Centro, TfGM, Ballast Nedam, Magnox and Sita UK. Team head Sean McCay is ‘an outstanding contentious lawyer: an excellent strategist who is able to recognise where the value lies in cases’. Non-contentious lawyer Scott McKinnell has ‘a broad knowledge base and an ability to clearly define issues and solutions’.
Within Planning and environment, Pannone LLP is a third tier firm,
Pannone LLP advises public sector bodies on regeneration schemes, and also acts for private developers and local authorities on town/village green matters. Senior associate David Delaney recently acted for Sky Properties in an appeal against Salford Council’s refusal to approve an energy-from-waste plant application.
Within Property litigation, Pannone LLP is a second tier firm,
Pannone LLP advises on commercial landlord/tenant matters for clients such as DB Schenker Rail, The Emerson Group and Thames Water. David Brown leads on complex, high-value disputes. Former senior associate Wayne Nash joined Shoosmiths LLP as a partner.
North West: TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Within Intellectual property, Pannone LLP is a third tier firm,
The ‘talented and energetic’ Melanie McGuirk leads the contentious team at Pannone LLP, which maintains strong relationships with clients such as GO Outdoors and Wasabi Frog. Amy Chandler, who heads the non-contentious IP and IT team, is ‘engaging, and easy to work with’ and was promoted to the partnership in May 2012.
Within IT and telecoms, Pannone LLP is a third tier firm,
David Brown at Pannone LLP advises on all aspects of IT disputes, including IT litigation in the TCC. Amy Chandler heads the non-contentious IP and IT team, and advises on a wide range of IT-related contracts and projects.
North West: Transport
Further information on Pannone, part of Slater & Gordon
Please choose from this list to view details of what we say about Pannone, part of Slater & Gordon in other jurisdictions.
Offices in London
- Crime, fraud and licensing : Corporate crime (including fraud, bribery and corruption)
- Crime, fraud and licensing : Fraud: white-collar crime
- Transport : Travel
- Overview : Leading individuals
- Overview : Regional review
- Corporate and commercial : Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial : Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial : EU and competition
- Crime, fraud and licensing : Crime
- Dispute resolution : Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Dispute resolution : Debt recovery
- Finance : Banking and finance
- Finance : Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Human resources : Employment
- Human resources : Health and safety
- Human resources : Pensions
- Insurance : Clinical negligence: claimant
- Insurance : Personal injury: claimant
- Insurance : Professional negligence
- Private client : Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client : Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client : Family
- Private client : Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector : Local government
- Real estate : Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate : Construction
- Real estate : Planning and environment
- Real estate : Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) : Media and entertainment
- Transport : Transport