The Legal 500

Twitter Logo Youtube Circle Icon LinkedIn Icon

Hogan Lovells International LLP

VIA SANTA MARIA ALLA PORTA 2, 20123 MILAN, ITALY
Tel:
Work +39 02 720 2521
Fax:
Fax +39 02 720 25252
Email:
Web:
www.hoganlovells.com

Marco Rota Candiani

Tel:
Work +39 02 720 2521
Email:
Hogan Lovells US LLP

Work Department

Corporate/M&A

Position

Whether we speak of pure M&A deals or Real Estate deals, clients can always rely on Marco's professional and problem-solving approach. Understanding client needs and all the peculiarities of their business is not just a priority for Marco, but a true vocation. With over 25 years' experience, Marco is a transactional lawyer with broad experience in M&A, joint ventures and strategic alliances, advising Italian and foreign clients on domestic and cross-border deals. Through the years, Marco has gained extensive experience in the real estate sector assisting a number of institutional investors and he heads the Real Estate practice in Italy. He is dual qualified as a lawyer at the Milan Bar and as a solicitor in England & Wales, having spent part of his career working in the City. Marco has been Managing Partner of the Milan office for 10 years.

Career

Law Degree, Università Statale, Milan

Languages

English, Italian

Member

Italian Bar


Italy

Commercial, corporate and M&A

Within: Commercial, corporate and M&A

Hogan Lovells Studio Legale combines specialist teams in TMT, IP, finance, employment, public law, antitrust and tax with the firm’s M&A expertise, which is often retained by clients in the energy, life sciences and consumer goods sectors. Italian M&A head Leah Dunlop and the ‘very accurateFrancesco Stella, together with a multi-jurisdictional, cross-practice team, advised Dana Incorporated on its acquisition of 80% of the global power-transmission and fluid-power businesses of Brevini Group, with an option to purchase the remaining 20%. Marco Rota Candiani is ‘clear, pragmatic and calm’ and Luca Picone and Antonio Di Pasquale are also highly regarded.

[back to top]

Real estate and construction

Within: Leading individuals

Marco Rota Candiani - Hogan Lovells Studio Legale

Within: Real estate and construction

Hogan Lovells Studio Legale advises clients from the hotel and leisure, fashion and luxury, financial services and logistic sectors on planning, zoning and environmental matters as well as on real estate-related taxation, finance, M&A and regulatory issues. The ‘highly knowledgeableMarco Rota Candiani and counsel Maria Deledda assisted Janus et Cie – Poltrona Frau Group with new premises for the opening of its flagship store in Milan. Bayerische Landesbank and Prelios are other notable clients.

[back to top]


Back to index

Legal Developments by:
Hogan Lovells US LLP

  • Hong Kong Enacts Competition Law

    After years of debate, on 14 June 2012 and in its last days of office, the Legislative Council finally enacted Hong Kong’s first cross- sector competition law.
    - Hogan Lovells

Legal Developments in Italy

Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to