- Work +7 495 668 07 31
- Fax +7 495 668 0731
- Work + 7 495 668 07 31
Intellectual Property Department
Partner, Licensed Patent Attorney, Head of IP Litigation
Maxim Labzin specializes in intellectual property proceedings in general jurisdiction and arbitrazh courts, Chamber for Patent Disputes and before antimonopoly authorities; copyright and patents; trademarks and trade designations; and unfair competition.
Maxim joined INTELLECT-S in 2011 from his own practice which he had led as managing partner of Labzin & Partners, listed in the top ten intellectual property firms of Russia in 2010 (according to nationwide rating Pravo.ru).
Maxim Labzin is listed among Russian leading lawyers in area of intellectual property by such international rating as the Legal 500 EMEA and Chambers Europe (Intellectual Property: Patent Filing – Russia) in 2014, 2015, 2016 and recognized in Best Lawyers in Russia 2015, 2016.
Maxim’s most notable courtroom accomplishments include:
- the biggest case related to the IT rights in the internationally recognized S.T.A.L.K.E.R. videogame brand infringed by a publishing group (AST, Astrel Publishers) which published a namesake book series. The court granted the suit against AST for unlawful publishing;
- protection of manufacturer's interests from its rival – trademark owner. The trademark owner filed dozens of actions across Russia against retailers and the wholesaler of this manufacturer. But the court in Moscow and most of other courts dismissed all the actions filed by trademark owner;
- judicial case related to protection of utility model, that belonged to the biggest producer of plastic pipes and plastic utility products. It was created a new precedent in the protection of patent holders' rights;
- the biggest case related to protection of patent holder’s interests on manufacture of a unique pharmaceutical from commercial organization;
- successful representation of the owner of the trademark COMEDY Club™ in arbitrazh courts resulting in the award of record damages of over RUB 8 million which was effectively enforced;
- successful representation of a trademark owner in a chain of trials, appeals and cassation reviews in arbitrazh courts in a case where the owner of a confusingly similar trade name had been founded by the prior owner of the trademark; and
- successful challenge of a patent in general jurisdiction courts on grounds of misappropriated inventorship.
2013 – "Legal Business in USA. Law Firm Management": Training for Partners and Top Executives of Law Firms. Lincoln Law School of San Jose, San Jose State University, California, USA.
2002 – Moscow State Social University, Law Faculty.
Within: Intellectual property
Intellect-S maintains ‘a high level of communication with the client’. Maxim Labzin is ‘a great speaker in court hearings’ and has ‘a strong background in IP litigation’. Evgeny Shestakov heads the team.
Intellect-S ‘replies promptly and precisely to all questions’. Anastasia Makhneva advises on transactional matters, e-commerce issues and mass media laws, while Maxim Labzin handles IP proceedings and competition disputes.