A seminar "On Raising Finance and Resolving Disputes in a Challenging Economic Climate...
- Legal Implications from UK and Kazakh Perspectives" was held on the 29th of June 2012 in Astana
The seminar was organized by The British-Kazakh Law Association (BrKLA) as a part of the official visit of Lord Mayor of the City of London Alderman David Wootton in Kazakhstan and supported by the British Embassy in Astana, GRATA Law Firm, BG, Shell, Ernst & Young, HSBC, Norton Rose, Winston & Strawn and Lloyd's Register.
Managing Partner of GRATA Law Firm Mr Rashid Gaissin, newly appointed Vice Chairman of The British-Kazakh Law Association, was a moderator of the first session of the seminar dedicated to the issues of listings, IPOs and privatisations, dispute resolution, arbitration (particularly investment treaty-related) of government-related contracts and PPP projects in Kazakhstan.
During the seminar a team of leading English and Kazakh practitioners from The British-Kazakh Law Association presented the legal issues of the present challenges and opportunities in Kazakhstan, including:
- securities funding structures;
- shareholder and corporate governance issues;
- raising investment through dual listings in London and Almaty;
- debt restructuring;
- infrastructure financing;
- investment treaty protections;
- enforcement of arbitral awards; and
- general arbitration issues.
For more information please visit www.gratanet.com