- What is the Corporate Counsel 100?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- UK Regional Powerlist
- United Kingdom
- United Kingdom - Rising Stars
- United States
- United States - Rising Stars
- How do the awards work?
- The Legal 500 United Kingdom Awards 2014
- The Legal 500 United States Awards - In-house winners
- The Legal 500 United States Awards - Law firm winners
- The Legal 500 Latin America Awards (coming soon)
- Microsite The Legal 500 Germany Awards (coming soon)
- Frequently asked questions
- Editor's Letter
- Inside GC: Executive Summary
- In-house survey 2014
- A dangerous game of bluff
- From client to colleague
- Harvard thinking
- How to be Chief Executive of your own career
- Rules of engagement
- The 5-minute financial analysis
- The third way
- The world's greatest management thinker: Clayton Christensen
- What I wish I'd known: moving in-house
- What's your IP strategy?
- Corporate Counsel 100 Brazil roundtable
- Mexico City: Corporate Counsel 100 discussion
- The Legal 500 Corporate Counsel Summit
- Corporate Counsel 100 United States roundtable
- General Counsel: United States
- Intellectual property: debate
- Risk management
- Private equity
- Data security
- Leadership and management
- Intellectual property
- Tel Aviv
Search News and Articles
Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to
On December 23, 2013, the Israeli Knesset approved Amendment No. 23 to the Israeli Companies Law, 1999 (the " Amendment ", and the " Companies Law ", respectively). The Amendment is primarily concerning the establishment and governance of "Charitable Company Fund" (the " Fund "), which are companies established in order to finance and fund non-profit entities. Below is an overview of the main provisions of the Amendment:
A New Governmental Proposal to Significantly Narrow the Tax Benefits for New Immigrants and Returning Residents in Israel
On November 5, 2012 the Israeli Parliament (Knesset) adopted a proposal of the Israeli Ministry of Finance and passed legislation providing for a temporary tax relief with respect to the recapture tax applicable to certain Israeli companies holding undistributed earnings that were previously exempt from Israeli corporate income tax under tax incentive programs.
Environmental policy and regulation in Israel have developed significantly over the course of the past several years. After decades of what may be considered as regulatory standstill, Israeli environmental regulation has taken a tremendous leap forward. Numerous environmental matters, some of which were not previously regulated and others which were subject to outdated standards, have been revised and updated through new comprehensive statutes, innovative regulations and professional guidelines.
Welcome to the 4 th edition of Unfolding, which looks at some important developments in Israel in recent months. Much has happened in Israel since the last edition of Unfolding. The Israeli economy may be small in scale, but never in the level of its business activity.
Following on from the Government's decision to adopt the recommendations of the Committee for Increasing Competition in the Marketplace, the Government published last week a Memorandum on the Law for Promotion of Competition and Reduction in Concentration, 5772-2012. The Memorandum aims at providing a statutory framework for implementing the recommendations of the Committee.
Corporate and Securities Law
On February 27, 2012, the Agency Contract Law (Commercial Agent and Supplier), 5772-2012 (hereinafter: the “Law”) was published. The Law shall enter into force 60 days from the date of publication.
Is your business involved in international trade? If the answer to this question is a resounding “YES”, then it might well be time for your business to prepare and adopt a code of conduct that includes procedures to detect and prevent bribery of foreign government officials. The day is coming when not having such a code will be a bar to entering many different lucrative markets and will place you and your business in danger of breaking the law.