- Latin America
- United Kingdom - Solicitors
- United Kingdom - The Bar
- United States
- What is the GC Powerlist?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Africa Teams
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Central America
- Ireland Teams
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Middle East Teams
- Nordics Teams
- Russia Teams
- Switzerland Teams
- Client Intelligence Report
- Leadership insight
- Human rights insight
- MINT: the legal challenges of working and investing in emerging economies
- Response to Brexit
- An investigation of the GCC and Middle East legal market
- Litigation and regulatory challenges in financial services
- AI and the law tools of tomorrow:
A special report
- Scottish GCs
- North West clients
- Arbitration backing Africa's investment boom
- Baker McKenzie
- Paul Hastings
- Carlyle Kingswood Global
- GC DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION REPORTS
- Shaping diversity
- By the numbers: Diversity in the US
- How Genius is aiming to overcome the stereotype of male geekiness in technology startups
- Tony West is using his experience to improve diversity and inclusion within PepsiCo
- Prash Naik (Channel 4) talks about the 360° Diversity Charter
- Patrick Rowe describes Accenture's support of diversity
- Shaping the future of the Bar Roundtable
- Chief Marketing Officer Roundtable
- Dispute resolution in Africa roundtable
- GC Diversity and Inclusion Report
- Investing in Indonesia: the role of the in-house lawyer in growing markets
- The Legal Business 100 Debate
- GC Powerlist UK summer reception
- The Brexit debate
- AI and the law
- GC Powerlist: Middle East roundtable
- Alternative disputes: the role of arbitration in Turkey
- The risk debate
- Two visions of nearshoring
- Dissenting perspectives
- Developments in Panama
- The international arbitration summit
- The Global 100 debate - Chasing Alpha
Other ranked firms
The following firms have provided more information to help you choose the right law firm.
Search News and Articles
Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to
Law No. 15 of 2016 on Civil Human Resources was issued by HH the Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, recently.
[SOUTH KOREA] Questions on Product Safety Continue, Bringing About Strengthened Regulatory OversightIn the midst of growing public concern over the health hazards of certain household chemical products,¹ concerns are now being raised about the safety of chemicals in other types of products, such as "quasi-drugs" (e.g., toothpastes) and cosmetics.
16 February 2017: Credit Suisse successfully launched its new subsidiary Credit Suisse (Switzerland)Credit Suisse (Switzerland) Ltd. was incorporated with the purpose to be organized as a Swiss bank. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Credit Suisse AG. The transfer of assets and liabilities according to Swiss merger law became effective on 20 November 2016. The transfer was aimed to evolve the legal entity structure of the Credit Suisse Group to meet regulatory requirements for systematically important banks.
BASF acquires Rolic, a Swiss based group offering innovative and forward-thinking solutions, particularly in the display and security industries as well as the optical film business.
With the Legislative Decree 136/2016 which implements the “Enforcement” Directive (2014/67/UE) Italy strengthens the rights and protections afforded to workers posted between Member States and elsewhere relating to their terms of employment, remuneration and working conditions.
The World Bank Group has released Enabling the Business of Agriculture 2017. The report presents data on legal barriers for farmers, entrepreneurs and businesses operating in agriculture in 62 countries and across the topics of land, seed, fertilizer, machinery, water, livestock, finance, markets, transport, and information and communication technology (ICT). SyCipLaw's Rose Marie M. King-Dominguez , Alan C. Fontanosa , Franco Aristotle G. Larcina and Ruben P. Acebedo II contributed to the report.
gategroup successfully raised CHF 300 million through the issuance of a fixed rate 5-year senior bond with a final maturity on February 28, 2022. The bond with a coupon of 3% p.a. has been issued by gategroup Finance (Luxembourg) S.A. and is guaranteed by its parent company gategroup Holding AG. gategroup will apply for the listing of the new bond on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
“Endo” is the twin brother of the drug monster that also needs to be slain, so says the Duterte administration. “Endo” is layman’s term for end of employment contract. It is the date indicated on the employment contracts and is dreaded by employees as it means the end of his or her employment. Read more...
Antitrust laws, also referred to as “competition laws”, are statutes developed to protect consumers from predatory business practices by ensuring that fair competition exists in an open-market economy. Competition laws regulate and prohibit several questionable business activities such as market allocation/ de facto monopoly whereby companies agree to steer clear of each other’s identified geographical market or territories; bid rigging whereby conspiring entities manipulate the market with a view of retaining current market share and price for each entity; and price fixing whereby two or three entities agree on the same selling price. Competition laws are designed to maximize consumer welfare by regulating or preventing business activities which stifle competition. Read more...
The latest legislative developments in the tobacco sector in Thailand are worrying the tobacco industry but also the food and beverage sectors as similar regulations may follow.