- What is the Corporate Counsel 100?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- UK Regional Powerlist
- United Kingdom
- United Kingdom - Rising Stars
- United States
- United States - Rising Stars
- How do the awards work?
- The Legal 500 United Kingdom Awards 2014
- The Legal 500 United States Awards - In-house winners
- The Legal 500 United States Awards - Law firm winners
- The Legal 500 Latin America Awards (coming soon)
- Microsite The Legal 500 Germany Awards (coming soon)
- Frequently asked questions
- Editor's Letter
- Inside GC: Executive Summary
- In-house survey 2014
- A dangerous game of bluff
- From client to colleague
- Harvard thinking
- How to be Chief Executive of your own career
- Rules of engagement
- The 5-minute financial analysis
- The third way
- The world's greatest management thinker: Clayton Christensen
- What I wish I'd known: moving in-house
- What's your IP strategy?
- Corporate Counsel 100 Brazil roundtable
- Mexico City: Corporate Counsel 100 discussion
- The Legal 500 Corporate Counsel Summit
- Corporate Counsel 100 United States roundtable
- General Counsel: United States
- Intellectual property: debate
- Risk management
- Private equity
- Data security
- Leadership and management
- Intellectual property
- Work +34 93 4158877
Other offices Madrid
Contact Oriol Ripoll
IUSFUL European Legal Network
Number of lawyers 35
at this office 25
Above material supplied by Addvante.
Search News and Articles
Spain has recently been referred to as one of the "hottest" European countries in terms of debt sales, specifically of non-performing loans. This should not come as a surprise in a scenario in which independent audits as of June 2012 revealed a EUR 62 billion capital shortfall in Spanish banks and in which the Spanish rate of non-performing loans stayed above eight per cent of all loans.
On October 11, the Official State Gazette published Law 38/2011 on the reform of Law 22/2003 of July 9 on Bankruptcy that entails a broad and ambitious procedure to modify bankruptcy legislation.
OPINION - ON DATA IN THE CLOUDS OR DIGITAL PHOTOCOPIERS
Chapter IV, Title III of the Bankruptcy Act (hereinafter, the "BA") regulates the filing of actions against the activity of debtors declared bankrupt in order to return to the bankrupt estate certain assets which the legislator considers should never have been taken away.
The employer has the possibility to contest the candidate lists in the event that a candidate does not comply with the conditions for eligibility. The Supreme Court recently confirmed that this is only possible within the strict terms provided in the social elections procedure.
Urgent Measures for the reform of collective bargaining.
Commercial …………………………. Strengthening Financial System Law on a Sustainable Economy
(1) Mercantile: Liberalizing actions in the tax and labor areas in order to encourage investment and create employment. (2) Litigation: Reform of the Penal Code (Organic Law 5/2010 of June 22). (3) Labor: Paternity Leave. Maintenance of employment and professional training. IPREM and SMI for 2011. Self Employed Workers. Pensions. Placement Agencies. (4) Tax: Changes: personal income tax, company tax, income tax for non residents, tax on patrimony transfers and documented legal acts, VAT.
We live in a globalized world where people, goods and money can move freely between national borders. It is perfectly possibly to buy a computer manufactured in Tokyo from a sales company established in Bangladesh, while sitting outdoors on a terrace in Rome. In this context, with transnational commerce and business relations constantly expanding, it is logical that international litigation is becoming increasingly commonplace.