- Latin America
- United Kingdom - Solicitors
- United Kingdom - The Bar
- United States
- What is the GC Powerlist?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- United Kingdom
- United Kingdom Teams
- United Kingdom - Rising Stars
- United States
- United States - Rising Stars
- United States Teams
- Client Intelligence Report
- Response to Brexit
- An investigation of the GCC and Middle East legal market
- Litigation and regulatory challenges in financial services
- AI and the law tools of tomorrow:
A special report
- Scottish GCs
- North West clients
- Pan-Europe bribery crackdown
- Arbitration backing Africa's investment boom
- Gaining access to North Africa
- Anti-corruption in Asia
- Business thinking
- In-house management
- Career path
- Legal perspective
- Big picture
- In discussion
- Interrogating value
- GC interviews
- Ghost in the machine: AI law, ethics - what does it mean for you?
- In-house life: Ton Van Den Bosch, International Container Terminal Services, Inc.
- The view from the top: Ellis Watson
- Procurement and legal - a perfect storm
GC Diversity & Inclusion Report 2016
- GC Powerlist UK summer reception
- The Brexit debate
- AI and the law
- GC Powerlist: Middle East roundtable
- Alternative disputes: the role of arbitration in Turkey
- The risk debate
- Two visions of nearshoring
- Dissenting perspectives
- Developments in Panama
- The international arbitration summit
- The Global 100 debate - Chasing Alpha
- Cyber security
- North Africa - through the gate
- North West Clients
- Scottish GCs
- The Global London debate
OFFICE 401, AYIAS ELENIS 36, NICOSIA 1061, CYPRUS
- Work +357 2246 0446
- The Legal 500 rankings
- Firm profile
- Press releases
Search News and Articles
On Saturday, February 11th 2012, the Official Gazette of the European Community published Notice 2012/C 38/10 of the Republic of Cyprus, regarding the conditions for the granting and the use of Licenses for the prospection, exploration and production of hydrocarbons.- C.D. Messios LLC
Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to
It is commonly accepted that our modern society requires us to possess a relevant knowledge on bank accounts and loan agreements. However, how feasible is it for an average person to understand the dangers of a ‘simple' loan agreement? The legal system of a democratic country ensures the equal treatment between parties and provides support where it is essential. Specifically, it is vital to emphasise a hidden term contained within loan agreements by which the banks maintain a very powerful right against innocent debtors. This right is namely preferential lien.
Rapid technological developments and globalisation have brought new challenges and it may be that situations arise which were not previously encountered and/or explored. All the areas of the Law have been affected including - of course - Intellectual Property.
Following the unprecedented referendum of the 23 rd of June 2016, in which UK voted to leave EU, and within the newly established environment, all countries will now try to define the way forward as far as the status of their relationship with the UK is concerned.
Corporate governance is relevant to both private and public companies. Nevertheless, this
The global financial crisis of 2008 has generated a substantive amount of financial disputes between multinational and international entities. A much favoured method of resolving such disputes is through Arbitration proceedings. The merits of Arbitration are not going to be explored in this article. Suffice it to mention that cost, speed and privacy are the main reasons why parties opt for arbitration as a preferable mode of dispute resolution.
Cyprus became an independent and sovereign republic on 16 August 1960. Before that it was a British colony and many features of the British legal system have remained embedded in the judicial system of Cyprus. Read more...
This article aims to provide guidance in relation to the implementation of an Entire Agreement clause when negotiating a contract, and outline what must always be taken into consideration in order to effectively incorporate this type of clauses into a contractual agreement.
The Bankruptcy Law and the Bankruptcy Rules, as amended, relate to personal insolvency.
APPLICATIONS FOR TRANSFER OF TITLE DEEDS: NEW LEGISLATION, NEW PROCESSES