- Work +380 44 490 70 01
- Fax +380 44 490 70 02
Andrey Astapov participated in the CIS Arbitration Forum
Andrey Astapov, AstapovLawyers’ Managing Partner, took part in the conference “Arbitration in CIS Countries: Current Issues”, that took place in Brussels, Belgium on 21 June 2012.
Mr. Astapov spoke about general policy of Ukraine towards arbitration.
Also, among the speakers and moderators of this top-ranked event were other leading practitioners.
The agenda of the conference included the discussion of the following issues:
• Investment Disputes at the SCC involving parties from CIS countries
• Arbitration in the Energy Sector involving parties from CIS countries
• WTO dispute settlement system and the CIS experience
• Interim measures at the stage of recognition and enforcement of international arbitral awards on the territory of Ukraine: practical concerns
• Enforcement of the arbitral award annulled in the country where it was rendered (experience of Russia)
• Arbitrability of corporate and real estate disputes under Russian law
• Bribery and Russia-related Arbitration
• Recommendations to non-CIS parties when choosing arbitration in CIS countries
• General policy of Russia towards arbitration
• General policy of Ukraine towards arbitration
• Arbitration in Kazakhstan: contemporary status and perspectives of development