- Latin America
- United Kingdom - Solicitors
- United Kingdom - The Bar
- United States
- What is the GC Powerlist?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Africa Teams
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Central America
- Ireland Teams
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Middle East Teams
- Nordics Teams
- Russia Teams
- Switzerland Teams
- Client Intelligence Report
- Leadership insight
- Human rights insight
- MINT: the legal challenges of working and investing in emerging economies
- Response to Brexit
- An investigation of the GCC and Middle East legal market
- Litigation and regulatory challenges in financial services
- AI and the law tools of tomorrow:
A special report
- Scottish GCs
- North West clients
- Arbitration backing Africa's investment boom
- Baker McKenzie
- Paul Hastings
- Carlyle Kingswood Global
- GC DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION REPORTS
- Shaping diversity
- By the numbers: Diversity in the US
- How Genius is aiming to overcome the stereotype of male geekiness in technology startups
- Tony West is using his experience to improve diversity and inclusion within PepsiCo
- Prash Naik (Channel 4) talks about the 360° Diversity Charter
- Patrick Rowe describes Accenture's support of diversity
- Shaping the future of the Bar Roundtable
- Chief Marketing Officer Roundtable
- Dispute resolution in Africa roundtable
- GC Diversity and Inclusion Report
- Investing in Indonesia: the role of the in-house lawyer in growing markets
- The Legal Business 100 Debate
- GC Powerlist UK summer reception
- The Brexit debate
- AI and the law
- GC Powerlist: Middle East roundtable
- Alternative disputes: the role of arbitration in Turkey
- The risk debate
- Two visions of nearshoring
- Dissenting perspectives
- Developments in Panama
- The international arbitration summit
- The Global 100 debate - Chasing Alpha
- Work +41 58 800 80 00
- Fax +41 58 800 80 80
- The Legal 500 rankings
- Firm profile
- Press releases
- Lawyer profiles
- Main work contacts
- Comparative Guides
NKF advises EFG International on EUR 251m cash offer and issuance of CHF 180m in new Tier 2 Notes
Niederer Kraft & Frey has advised global private banking group EFG International (SIX: EFGN) in connection with its cash offer and consent solicitation to the holders of EFG Fiduciary Certificates, financed through the issuance of new Tier 2 resettable subordinated notes guaranteed by EFG International. BNP Paribas (Suisse) SA and UBS Investment Bank acted as Joint Lead Managers.
EFG International has accepted EUR 251 million in EFG Fiduciary Certificates, representing approximately 95 per cent of the EFG Fiduciary Certificates outstanding, and issued CHF 180 million in new Tier 2 Notes.
The NKF team consisted of Philippe Weber and Daniel Bono, assisted by senior associate Gian-Andrea Caprez and associate Luca Bianchi. Daniela Schmucki and Markus Kronauer provided tax advice.
Search News and Articles
Der Finanzbereich ist auch in der Schweiz einer der am stärksten regulierten Wirtschaftzweige. Sich darin zurechtzufinden ist nicht immer einfach. Nachfolgende Ausführungen sollen dazu einen Einstieg vermitteln. Sie zeigen, dass die Schweiz im Gegensatz zum Ausland und abgesehen vom Bereich der kollektiven Kapitalanlagen und der Versicherungsprodukte, was die Zulässigkeit von grenzüberschreitend angebotenen Finanzdienstleistungen anbelangt, ein sehr liberales Regime kennt.- Niederer Kraft & Frey
Transports publics fribourgeois Trafic (TPF TRAFIC) SA closed the financing of its maintenance and exploitation centre in the canton of Fribourg. The financing was partly made through a CHF 40 mio. private placement, a CHF 32 mio. secured bank loan and a CHF 55 mio. unsecured bank loan.
The Migros Group, through Mérat & Cie. SA, has acquired Tipesca SA, a company incorporated in the canton of Tessin. Tipesca offers a wide range of fish products.
Japan-based Sharp Corporation, part of Taiwan’s Foxconn Group, enters into a strategic business alliance with Skytec Group Limited (“Skytec”) regarding the manufacture and sale of Sharp branded products and services in Europe. For that purpose, Sharp acquires a majority stake of 56.7% in the newly incorporated joint venture Skytec UMC Ltd.
Zug Estates Holding AG (SIX: ZUGN) has successfully issued its first CHF 100 mio. fixed-interest bond with a 0.7% coupon and a 5-year maturity.
Bischofszell Nahrungsmittel AG, a company of the Migros Group, has acquired a majority interest in Sushi Mania SA, a company incorporated in the canton of Fribourg. Sushi Mania specialises in Japanese cuisine and Asian gastronomy.
Baloîse (SIX: BALN) is to acquire a majority stake in publicly listed real-estate company Pax Anlage AG (SIX: PAXN). By entering into agreements with majority shareholders Pax Holding (Genossenschaft), Pax, Schweizerische Lebensversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG and Nürnberger Lebensversicherung AG, Baloîse Life Ltd will acquire around 70 per cent of the share capital and voting rights. Today, Baloîse published the pre-announcement of a public takeover offer for the remaining approx. 30 per cent of shares in free float at a price of CHF 1,600 per share (subject to dilution effects). The aggregate transaction value amounts to approx. CHF 288 mio. The transaction is subject to regulatory approvals.
Intershop has acquired the World Trade Center Lausanne as per 1 December 2016 for a purchase price of CHF 105.5 million. The acquisition represents one of the largest real estate M&A transactions in Switzerland during 2016.
Mercury Systems, a NASDAQ listed leading commercial provider of secure processing subsystems, acquires the Swiss mission computing company Creative Electronic Systems (CES).
Swiss insurtech startup FinanceFox has successfully completed its Series A financing round with Target Global and Horizons Ventures as lead investors. The financing round also included the conversion of existing venture loan investments from, amongst others, Salesforce Ventures. Idinvest, Speedinvest and AngelList.
The independent private investment company Ardian has won the bidding for the Germany based lighting maker SLV. Ardian entered into an agreement with Cinven to acquire SLV. The completion of the transaction is subject to approval of the applicable anti-trust authorities.