The Legal 500

Twitter Logo Youtube Circle Icon LinkedIn Icon
BAHNHOFSTRASSE 53, 8001 ZĂśRICH, SWITZERLAND
Tel:
Work +41 58 800 80 00
Email:
Web:
www.nkf.ch

Show all Press releases

NKF advises France Telecom in the Orange / Sunrise Transaction

December 2009

November 2009: On November 25, 2009 France Telecom and TDC have announced that they have reached an agreement to combine their respective Swiss subsidiaries, Orange Communication S.A. and Sunrise Communications S.A. to create the leading nationwide alternative provider of telecommunications services in Switzerland. At closing, France Telecom will pay a net amount of €1.5 billion to TDC and, as a result of a series of steps, become a 75% shareholder in the combined entity, and TDC will hold the remaining 25%. Prior to signing the final transaction documentation, which is expected to take place in the second half of February 2010, both TDC and France Telecom will undertake a confirmatory due diligence. The completion of the transaction will furthermore be conditional upon the approval by the relevant competition and regulatory authorities.

Niederer Kraft & Frey AG is the legal adviser of France Telecom. The NKF team is led by partners Philippe Weber and Peter Isler (M&A / Corporate) and Andras Gurovits (Competition; Regulatory); Associates: Philipp Candreia, Roger Föhn and Andrea Huber (M&A) and Nicolas Birkhäuser (Competition, Regulatory).

www.nkf.ch

Legal Developments by:
Niederer Kraft Frey AG

  • GrenzĂĽberschreitende Finanzdienstleistungen

    Der Finanzbereich ist auch in der Schweiz einer der am stärksten regulierten Wirtschaftzweige. Sich darin zurechtzufinden ist nicht immer einfach. Nachfolgende Ausführungen sollen dazu einen Einstieg vermitteln. Sie zeigen, dass die Schweiz im Gegensatz zum Ausland und abgesehen vom Bereich der kollektiven Kapitalanlagen und der Versicherungsprodukte, was die Zulässigkeit von grenzüberschreitend angebotenen Finanzdienstleistungen anbelangt, ein sehr liberales Regime kennt.
    - Niederer Kraft & Frey

Legal Developments in Switzerland

Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to