- Latin America
- United Kingdom - Solicitors
- United Kingdom - The Bar
- United States
- Tax Directors Handbook
- What is the GC Powerlist?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Africa Teams
- Asia Pacific
- Australia/New Zealand
- Central America
- China and Hong Kong
- Ireland Teams
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Middle East Teams
- Nordics Teams
- Russia Teams
- Southeast Asia
- Switzerland Teams
- Client Intelligence Report
- Human rights insight
- MINT: the legal challenges of working and investing in emerging economies
- Response to Brexit
- An investigation of the GCC and Middle East legal market
- Litigation and regulatory challenges in financial services
- AI and the law tools of tomorrow:
A special report
- Scottish GCs
- North West clients
- Pan-Europe bribery crackdown
- Arbitration backing Africa's investment boom
- Baker McKenzie
- Paul Hastings
- Carlyle Kingswood Global
- GC DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION REPORTS
- Shaping diversity
- By the numbers: Diversity in the US
- How Genius is aiming to overcome the stereotype of male geekiness in technology startups
- Tony West is using his experience to improve diversity and inclusion within PepsiCo
- Prash Naik (Channel 4) talks about the 360° Diversity Charter
- Patrick Rowe describes Accenture's support of diversity
- Shaping the future of the Bar Roundtable
- Chief Marketing Officer Roundtable
- Dispute resolution in Africa roundtable
- GC Diversity and Inclusion Report
- Investing in Indonesia: the role of the in-house lawyer in growing markets
- The Legal Business 100 Debate
- GC Powerlist UK summer reception
- The Brexit debate
- AI and the law
- GC Powerlist: Middle East roundtable
- Alternative disputes: the role of arbitration in Turkey
- The risk debate
- Two visions of nearshoring
- Dissenting perspectives
- Developments in Panama
- The international arbitration summit
- The Global 100 debate - Chasing Alpha
Search News and Articles
Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to
Giambrone announces appointment of Avv. Paola Vitali as a new partner within the Corporate Department of its recently launched Barcelona office. Together with her team, she will operate in our offices in Milan and Barcelona.
Although a predominantly Catholic country, Spain is regarded as one of the most LGBT-friendly nations in the world. According to the results of a poll recently conducted by the Pew Research Centre, focusing on the perception of topics such as marital affairs, gambling, homosexuality, premarital sex and divorce, Spain is the country with the highest percentage of acceptance of homosexuality in the world.
Giambrone assists Group of Investors to Recover their Funds from OptionRally Financial Services LimiIt is no surprise with such complex and confusing financial regulations throughout Europe relating to financial activities that the consumer can easily be duped into believing that an investment broker is legitimate and adequately regulated, only to find that a smoke screen has been thrown up by a fraudulent broker.
The well documented case of Heather Ilott and her attempt to overturn her Mother’s will appears to have come to an end with the Supreme Court ruling that, whilst she may have be granted some money from her Mother’s estate, it is a far smaller sum than the Court of Appeal awarded.
London 22 March 2017 - In a significant decision, the English Supreme Court today set aside a decision of the Court of Appeal and has given judgment in AIG Europe Limited v OC320301 LLP and Ors  and found that the investors’ claims fell within the ‘series of related matters or transactions' definition contained in Clause 2.5 (a) (iv) of the minimum terms and conditions (MTC) laid down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
During the course of 2016 there were approximately 144 mergers and acquisitions (M&As) of UK businesses by foreign companies and around 104 mergers and acquisitions by UK companies of foreign businesses. A merger or acquisition frequently provides the dominant partner with increased traction and market share in its industry sector. It is a successful way for a business to expand its offering to its clients, break into an associate market or simply weaken the competition by the instant expansion.
Despite the fluctuations in the markets across Europe in recent years, statistics suggest that there is an increase in investment in the Italian real estate market on the part of foreign investors. Italy has always had a powerful charm, enticing people to its shores from all over the globe. The lure of the wonderful climate, unique history and culture, not to mention the fabulous cuisine and wines, all combine to make Italy a superb choice for a holiday or retirement property.
Giambrone's Financial Services Litigation team is now working in conjunction with the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority to expose AlgoBanque which falsely claimed to have an office in Switzerland on its website.
Each year there are 24,000 divorces heard in the courts in England and Wales which involve a foreign national. Divorce in England and Wales is often considered more favourable to women as it favours the weaker party in the divorce which is frequently the wife due to having either no income or a smaller income compared to her husband. However, not in every case.
Following to a recent judgement of the British Courts, relating to a Sardinian citizen, residing and employed in London, who wished to participate in the most important religious festival of Sassari (Sardinia), questions have arose in relation to workers’ protection against religious discrimination at the place of work.