- Latin America
- United Kingdom - Solicitors
- United Kingdom - The Bar
- United States
- What is the GC Powerlist?
- How to nominate in-house counsel
- Africa Teams
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia Pacific
- Central America
- Ireland Teams
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Middle East Teams
- Nordics Teams
- Russia Teams
- Southeast Asia
- Switzerland Teams
- Client Intelligence Report
- Leadership insight
- Human rights insight
- MINT: the legal challenges of working and investing in emerging economies
- Response to Brexit
- An investigation of the GCC and Middle East legal market
- Litigation and regulatory challenges in financial services
- AI and the law tools of tomorrow:
A special report
- Scottish GCs
- North West clients
- Arbitration backing Africa's investment boom
- Baker McKenzie
- Paul Hastings
- Carlyle Kingswood Global
- GC DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION REPORTS
- Shaping diversity
- By the numbers: Diversity in the US
- How Genius is aiming to overcome the stereotype of male geekiness in technology startups
- Tony West is using his experience to improve diversity and inclusion within PepsiCo
- Prash Naik (Channel 4) talks about the 360° Diversity Charter
- Patrick Rowe describes Accenture's support of diversity
- Shaping the future of the Bar Roundtable
- Chief Marketing Officer Roundtable
- Dispute resolution in Africa roundtable
- GC Diversity and Inclusion Report
- Investing in Indonesia: the role of the in-house lawyer in growing markets
- The Legal Business 100 Debate
- GC Powerlist UK summer reception
- The Brexit debate
- AI and the law
- GC Powerlist: Middle East roundtable
- Alternative disputes: the role of arbitration in Turkey
- The risk debate
- Two visions of nearshoring
- Dissenting perspectives
- Developments in Panama
- The international arbitration summit
- The Global 100 debate - Chasing Alpha
Search News and Articles
Legal Developments and updates from the leading lawyers in each jurisdiction. To contribute, send an email request to
There can be few holiday experiences more upsetting than having your holiday ruined by illness. Many people look forward to a holiday of a lifetime, perhaps a luxury cruise or a trip to an exotic or far flung destination costing a consider able amount of money, only to find that the only thing they see is the hotel bedroom, cabin or worse still foreign hospital ward.
Skiing is one of the most risky sports and yet the widest range of ages and skills choose to take their holiday in the alpine resorts, from children to mature adults populate the slopes from off-piste to nursery slopes. A skiing holiday abroad is one of the most exhilarating and popular things to do. Thousands of people have a wonderful experience but not everyone. Skiing accidents do not only happen to novice skiers, in fact, there can be an element of over confidence in the person who is extremely familiar with the slopes.
With Legislative Decree No. 50/2016 (the so-called “Public Procurement Code”, hereinafter “PPC” or “the Code”) Italy implemented the EU Directives 2014/23/EU, 2014/24/EU and 2014/25/EU, concerning, respectively: (i) the award of concession contracts; (ii) public procurement; and (iii) procurement by entities operating in the water, energy, transport and postal services sectors. The PPC, by repealing the 2006 Code on public procurement (Legislative Decree No. 163/2006), reorganised the pre-existing Italian legislation on public contracts relating to public works, services and supplies.
If you were a beneficiary of someone who left assets in Spain but you were not yourself a resident of Spain you may have paid a higher rate of inheritance tax and may be due a refund since a ruling in the European Court of Justice in September 2014 which decided that the difference applied between residents and non-residents with regard to the application of inheritance tax and gift tax was discriminatory. The Spanish legislator has therefore been obliged to amend the inheritance tax law.
Further to the recent announcement that our Binary Options litigation team had confirmed a new partnership with a global finance firm focused on litigation funding to finance the increasing number of litigation cases relating to the forex and binary option sectors, we have now received confirmation that Banc De Binary will be closing its operations worldwide.
Germany considers that the re-drafting and re-negotiation of EU trade deals between the EU and the UAs reported by German officials, a trade deal between the European Union and the United Kingdom may require more than two years to be negotiated. A cautious optimism can however be perceived in regards to the issue of citizens’ rights.
The UK is expected to face additional legal challenges in relation to its permanence in the single market in a post-Brexit scenario, as reported by Open Britain (a cross-party campaign for the best deal with Europe).
The Supreme Court ruling, expected today, in the case brought by Heather Ilott following her exclusion from her mother Melita Jackson’s will should assist in clarifying the law relating to the grounds on which family members who are excluded from an inheritance can overturn a will.
It is estimated that there are about 8,000 companies in Italy whose capital is owned by public administrations (State, Regions, Provinces, Municipalities, etc.…).
The Ministry of Justice acts to protect Children of Divorcing Couples in Cross-border Separations anAn important decision was announced yesterday by Sir Oliver Heald, the justice minister in the British government, it has been decided that it is in the UK’s best interests to accept and opt into a proposal made by the European Commission to repeal and update the legal mechanism, known as the Brussels 11A regulation, which assists separating and divorcing couples settle disputes relating to both the custody of their children and their divorce when more than one country is involved.