THE LEGAL 500 > EVENTS > Trailblazers - Norway
On 23rd May we held our second Trailblazers event in Norway in association with Haavind. The event featured Bjarne Tellmann, Global General Counsel of Pearson, in conversation with Catherine McGregor, GC Magazine's Editor-in-Chief. Bjarne and Catherine discussed key ideas from his new book, Building an Outstanding Legal Team in an event attended by 70 of Norway’s leading in-house counsel.
Key ideas included:
- Developing the culture of your legal team;
- Managing change and transformation in your team;
- The intersection between effective process and use of technology and developing leadership skills in both the general counsel and her team.
We then broadened the discussion to a panel of esteemed Norwegian general counsel: Siri Birgitta Bang Berge of Telenor; Jacob Moller of Schibsted and Thor Winther of DNV.
Points our panel discussed were:
- The sense of why and having a vision statement for your legal team;
- Successful analysis of process and the ability to think strategically about how resources are being deployed;
- How the use of technology is changing the way they work or demand others work such as outside counsel;
- Talent as a key building block of the world-class 21st century legal team.
Scroll down to see more photos