GC Powerlist - Nominations
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Virgin Islands
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man
- Ivory Coast
- Latin America: International firms
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- St Barts
- St Vincent
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Latin America
- United Kingdom - Solicitors
- United Kingdom - The Bar
- United States
- Tax Directors Handbook
- What is The Legal 500?
- Meet the team
- How can my law firm get involved?
- Research calendar
- The Legal 500 on Twitter
- Contact us
- Other Legalease products
- Junior barristers: Shaping the future of the Bar
- RT: The changing role of the Brazilian GC
- RT: Hong Kong
- The changing role of the Scottish GC
- RT: Qatar - the role of lawyers in a time of crisis
- Shanghai Summit
- Senior clerks/CEOs: Shaping the future of the Bar
- GC Think Tank: Navigating the corporate crisis
- RT: Colombia - cyber security
- RT: Miami - Financing complex projects in Central America
- Commercial Litigation Summit 2017
- The Iran Debate
- Insights on diversity and inclusion
- The Leeds Conference
- Dissenting perspectives - talent management
- GC Summit Switzerland
- Click here for all previous roundtable reports
- Client Intelligence Report
- Leadership insight
- Human rights insight
- MINT: the legal challenges of working and investing in emerging economies
- Response to Brexit
- An investigation of the GCC and Middle East legal market
- Litigation and regulatory challenges in financial services
- AI and the law tools of tomorrow:
A special report
- Scottish GCs
- North West clients
- Arbitration backing Africa's investment boom
- Baker McKenzie
- Paul Hastings
- Carlyle Kingswood Global
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- GC DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION REPORTS
- Shaping diversity
- A Numbers Game: Diversity in Europe
- Barbara Levi Mager describes Sandoz's approach to diversity
- Tony West is using his experience to improve diversity and inclusion within PepsiCo
- Prash Naik (Channel 4) talks about the 360° Diversity Charter
- Ian Johnson explains the strategic importance of inclusive work environments
- Employment and labour law
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Intellectual property
- International arbitration
- Merger control
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private client
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
GC Powerlist > France Nominations
GC Powerlist: France
Nominations are now closed. The GC Powerlist: France will be published in due course.
Building on the research already carried out for The Legal 500, we will speak to key partners at the leading law firms and in-house counsel across the globe, to identify the most powerful corporate legal advisers. Individuals will not be ranked in order of preference, or by quotas according to industry sectors. The final lists will simply highlight the best that the in-house market has to offer.
Slow growth in Europe, and particularly the Eurozone has dominated headlines for so long that one could be forgiven for thinking European businesses have backtracked. France is often singled out as a case study on how low growth, high state expenditure, and heavy regulations have caused businesses to regress. As this Powerlist demonstrates, the reality is quite different.
France is home to some of the European largest, and strongest companies producing goods and services that are in global demand. France is also recognized as a European centre for innovation, with high-growth technology companies which form a booming and visible part of the French economy. Moreover, French businesses are staffed by managers and professional advisers who are widely considered to be amongst the best in the world, French corporate counsels are no exception. To stand out from the crowd in this environment takes a rare combination of technical knowledge, commercial acumen, strategic wisdom, interpersonal and managerial skills.
DS Avocats is delighted to support the GC Powerlist France and help recognise the leading figures of France's internationally-renowned in-house community. A strong and vibrant French economy is key to the future of Europe, and those featured in this list will play an important role to prompt the ‘French Touch’ even further. DS Avocats shares their passion, their thorough knowledge of the various sector specifics, their excellent advice and innovative approaches to law which enhance the businesses within their strategic growth and reinforcement of their market position. Like those featured in this Powerlist, we are constantly reflecting on various improvements of the legal services we provide through efficient methods as well as the role of the attorney within a changing business world.
However, we also believe that legal advice should be provided as simple as possible, without a vision of ‘over-simplification’. The interests of businesses are not served by avoiding the complexities of law. Professional advisers who can contribute to the success of a transaction, of a business or a strategic plan without losing sight of the legal complexities that may arise are truly unique. The members of this Powerlist have all managed to achieve this in their own way. We at DS Avocats share their approach.
We should not limit the professional relationship between law firms and clients to a simple commercial approach, but rather create a long-term relationship based on trust and viability. Sharing the same values as those individuals we represent is key to a collective future profession of the Law.
On behalf of all the Partners at DS Avocats, I would like to congratulate the Corporate Counsels included in the first GC Powerlist for France.
DS Avocats est particulièrement fier de s’associer à Legal 500 pour le lancement, en France, d’une initiative exclusivement dédiée à la distinction des directeurs juridiques.
Cet événement majeur nous offre l’occasion d’appréhender, ensemble, la meilleure façon de relever les défis de notre temps.